Elektra's DDQ opponent: Blade!

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, now that Dinosaur vs Squirrel is done, let's look to the future and try to guess who Elektra might be going up against.
Classic Bullseye would probably be the most comic accurate opponent, but not sure how well he'd do as Contract Killer is null and void in a one-on-one fight.
I'm thinking Blade could be very interesting from a gameplay perspective - he pumps out strike tiles that can neutralize Elektra's Ballet of Death, but they can also be stolen with DoubleDoubleCross. He also shares two active colors with Elektra, making him a bit more appropriate than Daken who also spits out red strike tiles (and who would match green then?).

I'd love to hear other speculations though.

Comments

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think BE makes the most sense. Thematically & gameplay wise. shares 2 colours (our running theme so far?), can take the double double cross strike tiles either way for his purple.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If they want to go the lore route, buffed 2-star Bullseye would probably be more dangerous to Elektra than the 3-star version. The 3-star one has a useless passive in a 1-on-1 fight, his purple is unusable unless you use purple to give him special tiles to use, so he only has one useful ability.

However, they could also just use Daredevil or Kingpin. Those are also lore-relevant and much better characters.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    (re: 3* Bullseye) Since 4* Thor had a mostly useless skill in her match I think it'd be only fair if the AI would have to deal with that sometime.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    herm1978 wrote:
    (re: 3* Bullseye) Since 4* Thor had a mostly useless skill in her match I think it'd be only fair if the AI would have to deal with that sometime.
    X-force Deadpool had it even worse. At least Thor could deal some damage if she happened across a lot of yellow.
    Personally, I am hoping Kingpin and DD get to go up against each other at a later time.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Definitely voting Bullseye - but definitely fear it'll be the 2* version...
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Against Elektra...

Maybe Gorgon? Better get to matching that purple. icon_razz.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll put my money on kingpin. Makes sense thematically, share two colours. Would be a tough fight but manageable, if you had a decent elektra of course.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would say Daredevil.

However my 3/3/0 Elektra will have a tough time independently of who it is icon_razz.gif
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loki would be an interesting fight, both use pink and black and while you can give him strike tiles and steal them he can turn yours into protect tiles that you can't steal back.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am going with Daredevil, 2 shared colors, both trap makers, and well, lore.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope it's 3* Bullseye. By which I mean I hope they don't get too creative in making a challenging fight.

At ten covers, Elektra is one of my better covered 4*. But she's so weak, when she's essential in PvE, I ignore her the same way I ignore my single-cover Starlord; it's a two-person team with some dead weight. I know her black has the potential to really shine in a one-on-one. . . but my ten covers haven't exactly shaken down the way I would have wanted (too much pink!).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It could be 3* Daken so he will destroy all Electra's red trap tiles with his strike tiles. Electra would also feed Dakens blue with her Purple. This would be a really tough fight with Daken healing, but at least Electras purple would be useful right away.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    I hope it's 3* Bullseye. By which I mean I hope they don't get too creative in making a challenging fight.

At ten covers, Elektra is one of my better covered 4*. But she's so weak, when she's essential in PvE, I ignore her the same way I ignore my single-cover Starlord; it's a two-person team with some dead weight. I know her black has the potential to really shine in a one-on-one. . . but my ten covers haven't exactly shaken down the way I would have wanted (too much pink!).
    Double-double cross is actually a pretty good skill under the right circumstances - i.e. when the opponent is already spitting out strike tiles. If there's something to steal, it's very good. If there's not... well, it's not that bad if you can cast it back to back I guess.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    stowaway wrote:

Double-double cross is actually a pretty good skill under the right circumstances - i.e. when the opponent is already spitting out strike tiles. If there's something to steal, it's very good. If there's not... well, it's not that bad if you can cast it back to back I guess.

It always feels to me like I need to cast it three times to make it really useful. But my dislike of giving the enemy strike tiles (even weak ones) may border on the irrational. Also, I just noticed that I called it "pink," which I don't normally do. Other characters can be purple, but Elektra somehow definitely comes across as pink.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hulkbuster would give Elektra a chance to shine. Oh, did you just use overdrive into repulser punch? I think you hit my shadow by mistake. And thanks for those big yellow strike tiles. Here have some puny purple ones in return. I'll make sure to use them to double dip when I hit you every turn with my hidden attack tile.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Infrared wrote:
    Hulkbuster would give Elektra a chance to shine. Oh, did you just use overdrive into repulser punch? I think you hit my shadow by mistake. And thanks for those big yellow strike tiles. Here have some puny purple ones in return. I'll make sure to use them to double dip when I hit you every turn with my hidden attack tile.
    I bet they save Hulkbuster to take on Red Hulk eventually.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    I would say Daredevil.

This would be my guess.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd better be someone who makes strike tiles.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daredevil's blue is almost unfair in a 1 on 1 fight. 2 turn stun, then you get 1 turn to match or you're out again? Put the countdown in a place you can't match and you only get 1 out of three turns. I would hope he wouldn't be an opponent for either Elektra or Kingpin.
  • I vote for Daredevil!

I have a 0/2/0 Elektra with only shadow step as an attack. I'm choosing daredevil because that seems like the easiest match up against my handicapped lady. I shadow step and if daredevil uses his red and any of us pop it, She avoids it right?

Whittle down with match damage FTW!