Elektra's DDQ opponent: Blade!

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Beat Blade first time. Put some ISO in my 5/4/1 Elektra to lvl her to 148, and took him on with +2 Y/R, +2 G/B, +2 P/B (probably didn't need the color boosts).

I expected that I would beat Blade eventually, but got a fairly lucky board on my first go. Collected a lot of purpletile.png and blacktile.png while keeping redtile.png in check. Then when I had enough, I let Blade trigger his Thirst, then stole his Strike tiles. He did manage to get off his Purple Keep Your Enemies Closer, but Shadow Step saved the day, I had enough blacktile.png to cast it twice, and that saved Elektra's bacon. Won with 534 heath remaining.

It confirms in my mind that Elektra is pretty darn weak, and her reason to exist is Shadow Step (and maybe Double-Double Cross against the right opponent). Ballet of Death in theory is neat, but in practice is just terrible given how easy it is to overwrite trap tiles on redtile.png

Got a icon_kingpin.pngpurpleflag.png from the Legendary Token.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/3 140 Elektra (leveled up from 70) won on the second try. First time he launched KYEC before I could get Shadow Step up and that was that. Second time I let him drop four Thirst tiles before matching some red, placed a Ballet of Death tile and then stole three of the strikes. Ended the fight with under 500 health, but a win's a win!
  • won with a 1/2/5. Took 3 tries. Went from lvl 95, to 110 to 125. Got really lucky at the end, survived with 330 hp.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Giving up. 1/1/1 isn't fun. This is another one for 4* to 5* transition, not 3* to 4* transition. icon_e_sad.gif

Kind of wondering why you'd think this would be different from every past DDQ node, to be honest. Even Dino needed at least 5-6 covers to score a win.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I originally tried it at lvl 70 with 3/5/4, but only got him down to ~60%. Bumped her to lvl 99 and beat it on my first try. I did b/p and g/b boost to get things started. I stole his Thirst strikes, then matched red while denying black. From those I got 2x red plus a black off, and that cleared out the last 7k health pretty darn quick (like 4 turns).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Giving up. 1/1/1 isn't fun. This is another one for 4* to 5* transition, not 3* to 4* transition. icon_e_sad.gif

Kind of wondering why you'd think this would be different from every past DDQ node, to be honest. Even Dino needed at least 5-6 covers to score a win.

I really don't. The anniversary certainly made it clear to me the content for middle of the road players isn't much of a design concern.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    That was actually quite a fun fight. 1-3-3 Electra came through it with health to spare.

Just deny black and purple the best you can. That's was my strategy and it worked first time. Kp black for the effort.
  • CrimsonHulk
    CrimsonHulk Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Blade finally lost his lucky rabbit's foot after my 10th try with my 1/3/3 lvl. 152 Elektra. I finally had a match against him where he didn't get a black or purple cascade every other turn and I finally managed to whittle him down with Ballet of Death and Shadow Step.

My reward for this increase in blood pressure? XFW yellowflag.png

There are what, 17 4*'s in the game now? This is now the third legendary token in a row where I've landed something useless. Two Goddess Thor blueflag.png and now this. I have maybe 4 4*s at a usable level and only two of those are optimally covered, XFW being one of them.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Well, icon_invisiblewoman.png Vs icon_quicksilver.png was pretty doable with a 1/1/1, but that's more due to IW's "Take No Damage" power.

It's not UNIVERSALLY that bad. But it is p. darn tough.
  • I was able to beat it first try with my 2/2/1 level 111 Electra, with all match boost, +2 rainbow and +2 black/green. It was a close fight and I got a lucky board.

Got my first 5* as a reward, old man logan black. I added him to my roster to collect dust until they make him essential for some ridiculous reason.
  • This was the first 4 star.png DDP that I was able to complete, the token gave me a icon_deadpool.png I already had maxed the color for....so frustrating icon_e_sad.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/1/3 125 Took 4 tries. Last one I was able to gather enough red in the first couple turns for BoD which was placed in a bottom corner and very few reds fell after that. I never even got to use purple because he never made any strike tiles. He did get enough purple to cast it, but I had black already out so he killed himself with his attack tiles.
  • Did anyone else notice how their Blade seems to have 15/13 covers? He's a 5/5/5.

His black steals 3AP per turn (only available with 5 covers)
    His pink makes 2 attack tiles per use (only available with 5 covers)
    His green creates 2 strike tiles with only 10 red tiles on the board (both qualities obtained with the 5th cover)

I have his character page open in the battle and I'm cross-referencing it with the wiki and to a lesser extent my own memory.

I hadn't thought to look when facing the other opponents for CotT because I simply assumed they would not or could not do that. I get that the fights should be a challenge, but isn't boosting the character to 270 enough?
  • Zanadin wrote:
    Did anyone else notice how their Blade seems to have 15/13 covers? He's a 5/5/5.

His black steals 3AP per turn (only available with 5 covers)
    His pink makes 2 attack tiles per use (only available with 5 covers)
    His green creates 2 strike tiles with only 10 red tiles on the board (both qualities obtained with the 5th cover)

I have his character page open in the battle and I'm cross-referencing it with the wiki and to a lesser extent my own memory.

I hadn't thought to look when facing the other opponents for CotT because I simply assumed they would not or could not do that. I get that the fights should be a challenge, but isn't boosting the character to 270 enough?

That's kinda standard for highly boosted/scaled characters in the game.

If you're going against a level 200 3* in PVE, you can bet that they're a 5/5/5 setup.

Not that it's fair or not (It's not) but it's been established as such for a while.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a level threshold for PvE opponents that switches them to 5/5/5 when their scaling goes above that point. Not sure where it is exactly, just that (a) other DDQ enemies are under it and (b) most enemies in PvE events are above it when you have maxed 3* teams.
  • Finally got a board where he didn't get a match 4 every single turn and beat him.

All that wasted ISO leveling her to win a redflag.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_rolleyes.gif

It wasn't a waste of iso, remember that she will cycle back around in a few months and then you can win yourself a nice, shiny, new icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.pngicon_lol.gif

LOL I laugh because that's what most of my Legendary tokens have been...the only cover for her I have 5 of too icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • 3/2/2 boosted black and purple and match damage. Surprisingly not that tough, got it easily on 4th turn.

Pulled a Kingpin purple, who should now be good to go for his DPD.
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Took 4 tries with my 3/2/3 168. Boosted +2 for All, P/B, and G/B.

My main problem was actually denying too much red. Once I'd gotten enough purple to steal his tiles 2x, his Thirst wouldn't go off, at least until he'd thrown down a few Nightstalker and KYEC tiles.

The final time, I had him set up against four stolen strikes and 3 Shadow Steps, which of course, he cascaded all away in one turn. It was still enough that I could kill him on the next turn though.

Got icon_ironman.pngbluetile.png (Now at 0/1/3!)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    rdvargas1 wrote:
    Gave up after 7 tries. My lvl 106 2/0/2 covered Electra just can't get it done, 2 purpleflag.png doesn't convert enough strike tiles, and it's too hard trying to deny black and purple, while trying to also match red, with only 5000 health. I'm not wasting any more health packs or boosts. Maybe next time when I have a few more covers and health. Also Devs, go ahead and change that code so either the 4* doesn't have a team up or we get at least one. It can't be that hard.
    Same build, same level, same results. I only tried twice, after which I was out of +all damage boosts and decided that if I couldn't win with those I certainly wouldn't without them.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Four tries with 4/5/4, level 70.

Got a good board, got black out to dodge his TU and one or two strike hits. Flipped his strike tiles, got red out, he bled.