Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl!

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Quebbster wrote:
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/squirrelgirldinosaurs.jpg

She must be so happy.
    Anyway, post your results here. Haven't started mine yet as I need to level Dino a bit. I do notice Doreen is only level 222 though, so that's nice.
    That is the exact panel that caused this battle to occur.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Hayek wrote:
    I have a level 94, 2/1/1 Dino. My first fight was a loss and I'm not expecting anything better if I try again.

It's possible. I just won on my 4th try with a 1/1/2 level 94 (max) dino which is worse than yours. Both my green and red do about 300 damage and the purple is worthless. I boosted 100% all damage, 50% blacktile.pnggreentile.png damage, and 125% whitecrit.png damage boosts. I just had to try for a good board. The trick is denying green and purple. Always match her colors, not yours. The board will eventually have enough red that you can collect it with cascades. Your crits will do over 1k damage, so getting 2-3 crits in that match is key (hence why it took so many tries). She cast her purple once, TU, and yellow once, though I was able to match away 2 out of the 3 shields.

I was pretty upset that they made icon_devildino.png a required character for a token_legendary.png , after having said they never would. I had one purpleflag.png from last years anniversary and greenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png from 1 year resupply. I got 0 covers this anniversary. But kudos for giving us a level 220 and undercovered icon_squirrelgirl.png .

Great advice! My level 111 (1-2-2) DD took SQ down on first try. I had approx. 2000 health left, SQ got off one green power, never fired her yellow or purple.

Pulled a Reed Richards....meh
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a few times with my 2/2/2. 5-6 tries? I wasn't really counting. But, finally got a good board.

Reward: yellowflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.png

My first 5 star.pngicon_e_smile.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I got her on my 3rd try with my 3/1/3 DD. I think the key was boosting all color damage, then also boosting b/p and g/b as I would be matching away her colors more than going for my own.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is level 166, 5/2/5. I'd spent my ISO this week getting him up to level 166 in preparation.
    I failed on the first attempt because the board was full of blue, yellow, black and purple. At one point there were 4 green tiles and no reds at all. What evned up happening is I'd make a move which would create a green match I couldn't have predicted and she'd immediately take it, so I'd wait another 5 turns or more for the next green match she'd immediately take.
    Got whittled down with match damage, mostly.

Second board was mostly the same thing but it switched around, she'd make the moves that made green for me. Board stagnated at one point with one or two possible moves per turn for ages, not a single 4 match for about ten turns. It was still close though, she got me down to about 1500HP from 11k by the time I got that last green I needed.

Agaiin, I'm sure they've coded these boards differently. Always seems starved of the colour I need.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Got her on my third try with a 131 3/1/5 Dino. At first it didn't seem like there was much strategy to it beyond deny and hope for lucky drops. After two deaths, though, I realized my middling powers weren't the key, so I boosted all match damage (all, k/g & r/y) and prioritized yellow because her protect tiles neutralize my match damage. Took two hits from her purple but stymied green and (most importantly) yellow for the win.

Another good thing about boosting r/y: Denying yellow is key here, so boosting it makes your yellowflag.png match damage at least tolerable. Just means you have to play the long game instead of stockpiling. This turned out to be some decently enjoyable puzzling!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I got her on my 3rd try with my 3/1/3 DD. I think the key was boosting all color damage, then also boosting b/p and g/b as I would be matching away her colors more than going for my own.

Same here, only boosting r/y helped keep those pesky protect tiles off the board.
  • After 11 tries and boosting him to 152 and using boosts and more boosts finally won.

Got a icon_starlord.pngredflag.png
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Downed mine with a 175 1/3/5 Dino. 3rd try, finally got a decent board. My first two, literally every time tiles dropped, it gave her beneficial cascades that denied my own ap.

Got a red Falcap.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Try 2 with a 172 2/1/5 Dino. Boosted All Damage, RY Damage, and Critical tiles. The crit damage was largely useless but the match damage helped a ton.

Pulled a Blue Thor (Goddess).
  • Primary focus should be on green since it is shared with SG and does damage from both characters. Next should IMO be purple since you don't really want to get hit with SGs purple and the match damage is higher. Last would be red or yellow for DD damage, SG denial. Her yellow is not that scary though.

So IMO it makes the most sense to boost green match damage, purple match damage, and all match damage.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I won on the second try with a 3/4/4 Dino - lost once at level 110, then boosted to 125 and edged out a close win with about 900 health left. Boosted R/Y AP, G/B AP, and R/Y damage. Both times I got really lucky with The Harder They Fall - the second time I was able to match all three tiles immediately after they appeared. Thanks, Doreen!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I had mine at 1/3/5. I tried fighting SG with DD at level 100 first (lost), then level 120 (lost), and then I got tired of long matches that I lost and went up to level 165. I used 5 +20% boosts, 5 crit boosts, and 5 +10% black/green boosts and won with like 5k health left. So probably a lot of luck, but overkill at level 165 with that many boosts. The important thing is keeping green away from SG since those tiles do the most damage.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Have a 2/2/3, level 147 Dino. Both green and red do 666.

First try, get down to the end of the match... SG nuts me down to about 500 health. I get a red match that cascades a few more matches for damage and AP.

SG makes a match that leaves me at 249. She's at 667... but my red is good to go! CHOMP, down to 1... any match will do!

Pulled a redflag.pngtoken_legendary.pngicon_wolverine.png

Glad she was only 2/2/2 222!
  • Level 111 (for the occasion) 1/2/2 DD, had SG down to <2000 at one point...

But I'm not done yet!

@ IceIX - I don't know if this is a semi-permanent change (burly but not too burly boss) or only for the anniversary event, but even if it is a one-off, thanks so much for giving those of us in the "6 or under covers" crowd a shot at the 4* DDQ node!

I'm not sure I can ultimately win, but being that close makes me realize it's at least possible, which really fits the spirit of the DDQ in general.

Cheers!

DBC

P.S. If you have no use for that Thoress Blue, I'd take it off your hands... IGN: Drummerboycroy... just in case. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    47. I only had about 200 health left, but I had her down to 47.

Then she popped* Nuts.

/grrrrrrrrrr

*[me in the]
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha, my poor dino was no match for Squirrel girl. Then again, he's 0/1/0 so that was to be expected. He did get off a chomp or 3 though icon_lol.gif

One thing I found unfair though: SG received a team-up power, but I couldn't send any teamups with Dino to compensate for that. (Not that it would have mattered much, seeing the obvious gap, but still...)
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    3/4/5 Failed @ Level 70, Complete at Level 172

Save your chomps till you get rid of those pesky defense tiles.

Unfortunately I got a throw away 4hor.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled off a win with a Level 107 (2/1/4) Dino. Used all damage boost, R/Y damage boost and B/G damage boost, prioritized purple, than yellow than green than red. She fired off green once and none of her other powers. Dancing was actually useful if only blue matches were available. I won on my second attempt. I think I had ~600 health left.

Won Jean Grey (blue).

Fully expect this to be the last 4* DDQ i'm able to complete for months, but still satisfying...
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    This fight is some straight up ****.

My 2 2 2 Lv 127 dino has come close only once out of like 8+ attempts. That one time she was down to about 1200 and then fired off her yellow and that was it.

How the hell are you supposed to deny all 3 of her colors while still being able to damage her?? Her skills are so cheap AP wise that all she needs are 3 matches and she can use them. if she gets off her yellow early, it's pretty much over because you can't last dealing 1 damage ever turn while she's still dealing full.
    I have seen some of the worse cascades ever in her favor as well, not to mention really terrible initial boards that are full of yellow and purple but no red.
    I'm actually out of crit boosts for the first time ever.

I can't believe how frustrating these 4 star DDQ fights are. The fact she's much lower level than the other incarnations of this makes it that much more frustrating, cause it seems like I should be able to beat her at least once of of the several attempts I've had.
    Not to derail this thread, as there are MANY other discussing this, but there HAS TO be a better way to get 4 star covers that doesn't include 1K or 1.3K in PVP or grinding a PVE.