Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl!

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    For all folks hoping 222 is the new lvl for 4*DDQ: DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP. If you don't get your hopes up, you can't have them dashed against the craggy rocks of disappointment. Wait and see what the next one looks like before trying to establish a pattern based off one fight that's happening during an anniversary event in which many people have already complained constantly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chipster22 wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    My 0/1/0 icon_devildino.png said "RAWWRR".. (maybe next time.. icon_lol.gif )

That made me think how interesting the conversations between DD and Groot would be.

DD: "RAWWWRR"

Groot: "I am Groot"

DD: "RAWWWRR" "RAWWWRR"

DD: "RAWWWRR???"

DD: "RAW RAW RAW RAW"
    A bit like this I suppose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWcZSvqLTDM
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    3/5/5 here (was 1/5/5 after last anni, then got another red at the year mark, then got the final red dino on the first pull after they fixed the anni tokens)

I hadn't leveled him at all. So for the lols, I went in with a level 70 3/5/5 no boosts. SG got a massive cascade either round 3 or 4.. gg. Barely any damage on her. Talk about kicking a guy when he's down.

OK. So leveled him up to 100.. once again went in with no boosts. Decent battle. Went for red if I could, purple next, then green.. if I couldn't pull one of those, I denied, or worked to deny. I maybe got her to around 1/3 health(only was able to fire red twice).

Leveled him up to 110.. tried again with no boosts. She was able to get her yellow off and the tiles were in bad locations to match them away. I fired off red at least 4 times(maybe more) and some green. I got her down to somewhere around 600-700 before her green countdowns finished me off. Had the yellow tiles not been there, I probably would of won.

I was close.. so didn't level him any further, but this time added red and green boosts. Fire it up again. I was able to get 8 red right before she was able to fire her yellow. Remembering the last game, I decided to wait to fire off the red until I could clear the yellow. By the time I had done so, I was sitting on 15 green and 25 red, with a match 4 red waiting for me. 2 green(720 each) and 4 red(1680 each) later... I was able to disco dino dance my way to victory!
  • trat73
    trat73 Posts: 79 Match Maker
    12446175044_b44703aa1c_z.jpg?w=560&h=404
    Painful but doable
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    5th try 3/2/2 DD lv 147 won a Hulkbuster black, also pulled a HB red from an Anniversary token today. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • cg2912
    cg2912 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    The Legendary gave me my fifth yellow Thing...

You should probably have that checked out...
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    3/3/4 level 200 beat her first time.

Hilarious that Dino is both
    1) so bad and
    2) so rarely given, undercovered by all
    That they had to put SG under the "standard" 270 level.

OR - 222 is the new standard? My DPDX would have loved that a couple weeks ago.

Repeating:
    rossmon wrote:
    so will lvl 222 be the norm for the future or is that just a anniversary thing?

I don't think so. Its a level 222 squirrel girl who appears to be covered 2/2/2 for 2nd anniversary.
  • My Dino is level 86 213. I tried it once and I had to some sort on the board but only took half the blood of the squirrel. I will not waste my time trying sometimes. If I put in iso my Dino maybe I could get but with 6k blood and blows ranging between 470 and 300 I would need very lucky to defeat it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    UGH I AM SO MAD! I could have beat her with my 3/1/5 lvl 120! haha.. ahhhh.. icon_redface.gif

I went in without boosts just to see how the fight would be and I got her down to only a 1000 damage and then she... nutted on my face! icon_e_surprised.gif

I'll try again later and lvl him to 130.
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Can anyone find the post where we were told that Devil Dino would only be a trophy character? I sold my fully-covered Dino based on that information and I'm pretty miffed about it.
  • Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    I have a level 94, 2/1/1 Dino. My first fight was a loss and I'm not expecting anything better if I try again.

It's possible. I just won on my 4th try with a 1/1/2 level 94 (max) dino which is worse than yours. Both my green and red do about 300 damage and the purple is worthless. I boosted 100% all damage, 50% blacktile.pnggreentile.png damage, and 125% whitecrit.png damage boosts. I just had to try for a good board. The trick is denying green and purple. Always match her colors, not yours. The board will eventually have enough red that you can collect it with cascades. Your crits will do over 1k damage, so getting 2-3 crits in that match is key (hence why it took so many tries). She cast her purple once, TU, and yellow once, though I was able to match away 2 out of the 3 shields.

I was pretty upset that they made icon_devildino.png a required character for a token_legendary.png , after having said they never would. I had one purpleflag.png from last years anniversary and greenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png from 1 year resupply. I got 0 covers this anniversary. But kudos for giving us a level 220 and undercovered icon_squirrelgirl.png .
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    1/5/5 Dino at 213 I think. 1st attempt.

My red hits for 2.2k ish. Was fairly simple and helped that dino had more health then squirrel girl. Denied her yellow. She got a purple off but I was still on 10k at the end. Took a while as it gave me the world’s worst board.

Pretty sure at least 6k of her health was removed through laughter as my 5 in purple dance took it to the bridge.

Won a purple Ant Man which I need.

Good luck
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Tredo wrote:
    Can anyone find the post where we were told that Devil Dino would only be a trophy character? I sold my fully-covered Dino based on that information and I'm pretty miffed about it.

Best I could find.
    IceIX wrote:
    When can we expect fury in packs
    Not until he's fully released. He's being considered a teaser/trophy at the moment.

Pylgrim wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    wirius wrote:
    Besides your 356 day reward and this week, so far there are no plans for him to be available from the news I've read. He's purely a trophy reward, and could be considered about as viable as a three.
    Pretty much this. He may well be featured for rewards from Events or Tournies, but we don't have (current) plans to toss him into the general mix at the moment. We could always change that in the future if thoughts on that change.

I really hope it changes. I played my butt off this week just trying to get more covers. I've opened so many tokens that, with each one, I become less enthusiastic. I personally think how he was rolled out was terrible. I don't think random chance to get the last half of his abilities is a good method of distribution for a limited hero. As of now, after 1 week of playing like an insane person, he still won't be finished and he'll sit there in a sorta mostly covered but not useful state for who knows how long.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game (there's a reason I have played every single day since it launched). I think the devs do a great job in general and most characters are fun to play, if not entirely useful for competition. I just hope that in the future, if you release a limited hero, that it be entirely possible to earn a full 13 cover build within the time frame.

There's no reason to stress. Dino is not and likely will never be a truly playable character. He is decent but not "let's spend several hundreds of thousands of Iso to level him up" decent.

2 things I take from this..
    1) "at the moment" meaning it could aways change
    2) He's only viable to receive/play during anniversary events.
  • I beat him with 3/4/3 devil dinosaur on second try!

His dance move was epic in this fight. It was accumulating AP for me more than other board shakers. Was that luck or is his dance supposed to be fruitful like that??
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chief270 wrote:
    2) He's only viable to receive/play during anniversary events.

Which is exactly why he should have been (all along) a much, MUCH higher draw rate. I'm sure I (or someone) will ask how covered your DD is at end of anniversary. I highly doubt that after clearing all events and winning all rewards possible that I'll have 13 covers of DD after two anniversaries.

Why on earth would you put in a character you don't plan to have people cover for three years?!?!?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Did it with my 222 level 127 dino...max damage boost on red and green 50% and max damage all 100%. Wiped the first 3-4 times because I was boosting ap instead of damage.
  • Hayek wrote:
    I have a level 94, 2/1/1 Dino. My first fight was a loss and I'm not expecting anything better if I try again.

It's possible. I just won on my 4th try with a 1/1/2 level 94 (max) dino which is worse than yours. Both my green and red do about 300 damage and the purple is worthless. I boosted 100% all damage, 50% blacktile.pnggreentile.png damage, and 125% whitecrit.png damage boosts. I just had to try for a good board. The trick is denying green and purple. Always match her colors, not yours. The board will eventually have enough red that you can collect it with cascades. Your crits will do over 1k damage, so getting 2-3 crits in that match is key (hence why it took so many tries). She cast her purple once, TU, and yellow once, though I was able to match away 2 out of the 3 shields.

I was pretty upset that they made icon_devildino.png a required character for a token_legendary.png , after having said they never would. I had one purpleflag.png from last years anniversary and greenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.png from 1 year resupply. I got 0 covers this anniversary. But kudos for giving us a level 220 and undercovered icon_squirrelgirl.png .

Very similar to my devil. Will try this approach. Spent too much time matching nothing and disco arms to do any damage the first go.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    My level 166, 4/5/4 Dino (my only fully-covered 4-star, amusingly enough) danced and chomped his way to easy victory on the first try. I boosted red/yellow, black/green and match damage, which was certainly massive overkill, but did make for a fast, stress-free match. The token gave me a yellow Thor, putting her at 2/4/4.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    so will lvl 222 be the norm for the future or is that just a anniversary thing?

She'll be 333 next anniversary.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Wave after wave, I sent my poor 2/3/1 lvl 131 dinosaur against that tail-woman. Each time... tantalizingly close, but so far.

Maybe if I had had more all-damage boosts..... maybe..... But really, I think I need at least one more cover in red or green to hit this. Sigh.

No regrets; it was a fun challenge. Plus, the sheer number of rounds involved in 10 runs of this meant that I actually got to see times -- more than one! -- where Prehistoric Arms 1-cover ability (which is "move 1 black tile to the upper left") actually did something positive. That's like seeing Bigfoot.