Devil Dino vs Squirrel Girl!

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so will lvl 222 be the norm for the future or is that just a anniversary thing?
    I hope this is the new norm. 222 is much more manageable for transitioning players. My 3,3,4 drink was doing 1k damage on his red and Green and I was able to defeat her fairly easy. I think after Deadpool they saw how brutal it was for people with so few covers. Level 222 can still be hard depending on how many covers you have, but it is less impossible than a level 270 that kills you with 1 ability.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping it's at least the norm for more recently released characters who are only well-covered in whales' rosters. For Wolverine, Thor, IW and Fury, yeah, they've been around for ages and lots of people have picked them up. Somebody like Iceman or modern Cyclops, even if they come around later in the rotation, will still be in a position much more comparable to Devil Dino.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been playing for 450ish days but my DD is still only 1/1/2 (resupply + one pink cover in the anniversary 10-pack). I haven't really come close in three matches, but looks like it wouldn't be too hard for someone with a better cover. It is sort of annoying that this match mainly requires that you got lucky either this and last year's anniversary since those were the only times you could get his covers (other than the resupply). Clearly, I haven't been lucky with my anniversary tokens.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    4/3/2 L147 Dino got wiped
    4/3/2 L166 Dino did the wiping

Not opening my LT until I get some more HP though
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    florida92 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    florida92 wrote:
    I guess you have to have greenflag.png to have a shot....
    Nah, redflag.png works just as well. AP cost and damage dealt is the same, after all.

Yeah just realized that. But it seems like 2 or 3 covers of redflag.png or greenflag.png to have a shot. 7 AP for 470 Damage isn't really helping me any. Mainly when I'm trying to deny yellow, pink, and green.
    On the plus side, denying pink is easy since it doesn't exist.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Took me 5 tries with my level 145 2/2/3 DD. Boosted red and green +2, and boosted red match damage 50%. Each time could get SG down to about 40% easily. Each time was a fair fight, with the AI getting a lucky cascade to hit three powers. On the 5th try, I finally got the lucky cascades, and was able to beat her still with about 4k health left on dino. Opened the token for a yellow Nick Fury, which is maxed, but I can't complain. Got a red Carnage from an anniversary token yesterday, and that I could use.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    my dd is only 010 but I actually did fairly well on my first attempt, lasted about 5-7 minutes, fired a few of the only power he has lol but at only 300 dmg per it would take awhile...will try again later.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 185 5/2/5 Dino had no problem dispatching SG on the first try with no boosts. She fired off purple and yellow, but it didn't matter much. I got off 2 green chomps for 2250 each that helped a lot.

I got a Goddess blue from the token so that was helpful.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So we can Boost but no TU even though Squirrel Girl can?

I dare not level my 1 / 0 / 1 Dino because it might kill my scaling (though he wouldn't level too much more) but I did play a round just to see and have a laugh.

Lasted five minutes and managed to Chomp and move black tiles quite a few times while denying most colors but without leveling and more covers, the damage was ultimately negligible and poor Dino got wiped.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/2/0 Dino level 70 , boosted crit, red/yellow damage, all damage.. got her down to 902 health then.. Nuts, and i lost.. will try again later.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    0/2/0 Dino level 70 , boosted crit, red/yellow damage, all damage.. got her down to 902 health then.. Nuts, and i lost.. will try again later.

With 2 x Red covers, how much is he biting for if I may ask?

I have a single Green and 300 damage Chomping is slooooow going if I manage to prevent Squirrel Girl's abilities from firing.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Get it on my 2th try with a lvl 130 2/3/4 Dino. Boost color damage all + b/g + b/r and lucky board... Got FalCap blue for the trouble which a sold already got 5!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    So we can Boost but no TU even though Squirrel Girl can?

I dare not level my 1 / 0 / 1 Dino because it might kill my scaling (though he wouldn't level too much more) but I did play a round just to see and have a laugh.

Lasted five minutes and managed to Chomp and move black tiles quite a few times while denying most colors but without leveling and more covers, the damage was ultimately negligible and poor Dino got wiped.

1/0/1 has a cap of what? lvl 80? surely that should not affect your scaling unless you're still firmly in 1*-Land
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SunCrusher wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

With 2 x Red covers, how much is he biting for if I may ask?

I have a single Green and 300 damage Chomping is slooooow going if I manage to prevent Squirrel Girl's abilities from firing.

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat it with a 5/5/3 Devil Dino at level 94. No boosts. Very Easy.

Got a blue HB, which finishes him up at 5/5/3. Woot!

Coincidentally, I also had my 5/5/3 IW at lvl 94, which was a tougher fight, but still won.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    My 0/1/0 icon_devildino.png said "RAWWRR".. (maybe next time.. icon_lol.gif )

That made me think how interesting the conversations between DD and Groot would be.

DD: "RAWWWRR"

Groot: "I am Groot"

DD: "RAWWWRR" "RAWWWRR"

DD: "RAWWWRR???"

DD: "RAW RAW RAW RAW"
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    4/3/2 165lvl - won on 3rd try with some damage boosts.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so will lvl 222 be the norm for the future or is that just a anniversary thing?

I don't think so. Its a level 222 squirrel girl who appears to be covered 2/2/2 for 2nd anniversary.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/3/4 level 200 beat her first time.

Hilarious that Dino is both
    1) so bad and
    2) so rarely given, undercovered by all
    That they had to put SG under the "standard" 270 level.

OR - 222 is the new standard? My DPDX would have loved that a couple weeks ago.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've got a 3/2/4 level 188 DD and I got it on the second try, because the yellow protect added up the first time. With a bad board I got her down to 700 health but I just couldn't make any of my color matches by the end. Instead of using stock pile colors, use regular match damage boosts, definitely. My red and green both did less than 1000 each so most of the quick damage came from regular tile matching, and it went much quicker too, before her protect tile could add up.

That said, I probably didn't didn't need to level him up so high, I think patience & match boosts makes it doable for those in the lower 100 range.