Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man the anniversary tokens are so **** annoying, I just opened the 10-pack you can win in PvP, and pulled 10 2s, not even one iso, or HP, or a 3 or a dino, all 10 **** 2s! What were they thinking when they decided the chances for the tokens?!?!?!

These are the worst tokens ever (and yeah I usually have bad luck opening tokens, but this is too much!).

After Galaktus, this DOESNT HELP to make the anniversary fun.

Ps: I regret so much now that I spent money at the beginning of the sale...
    Ps: Oh and it is also great that in day 715 they are going to give me a SW purple. Just what I needed ...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There seems to be a basic disconnect between the communication the players expect and what the developers deliver. It must be on our end...
  • Philly79
    Options
    Philly79 wrote:
    Raezen wrote:
    The lack of response from any red is deafening. You have to question their ability to even perform simple tasks such as communication. Here is a little help, you don't need to make a 5 paragraph post/reply. A simple "We hear you and are working towards improving Galactus Round 2." Guess what, that little sentence will calm a majority of people down for the time being. Now whether we believe you or not is pretty much your own fault at this point. In my opinion, you have earned no such trust as time and time again, you have shown incompetence and a complete disregard to your playerbase. The time is long past due where you need to right your ship and get your playerbase to believe in you again.

Very well said....I cannot comprehend why there have been 0 replies or posts from the powers that be....almost 30 pages for one thread! totally disgraceful and not to mention disrespectful to the players that we cannot even get a simple "hey"...I think I am done...really shows that they have no interest in retaining loyal players, when I quit this game I will be sure to spread the word about how the developer treats its player base..."oh we made a mistake by not testing our last minute changes to the event?" "yeah we did but we will just blame it on the players and tell them flat out that they were not suppose to win, that will surely smooth things over"
  • Philly79
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Wow Polares, I genuinely feel for you, a 10-pack of anniversary tokens and nothing but 2*'s? That might be enough to drive me over the edge...
  • Philly79
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    There seems to be a basic disconnect between the communication the players expect and what the developers deliver. It must be on our end...

dev #1 "oh we made a mistake by not testing our last minute changes to the event?" dev #2 "yeah we did but we will just blame it on the players and tell them flat out that they were not suppose to win, that will surely smooth things over"
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Philly79 wrote:
    Very well said....I cannot comprehend why there have been 0 replies or posts from the powers that be....almost 30 pages for one thread! totally disgraceful and not to mention disrespectful to the players that we cannot even get a simple "hey"...I think I am done
    The Red Silence
  • mistical725
    mistical725 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've only posted here a couple times, more of a lurker on the forums. I interact with my alliance regularly but am not active in the mpq community as a whole. This time; however, I feel the need to add my voice to the chorus (even though, based on past experiences, the devs STILL won't listen us).

My alliance completed this event. I was one of four who made the legendary token. I. HATED. EVERY. MINUTE. By round 5, I wanted to throw my phone. I ONLY continued on for my alliance. Had this been an individual event, I would have walked away.

I guess I was fairly lucky with my tokens. I got a Dino purple. Oh, but I maxed that color last anniversary when his covers were flowing out in abundance. And I got a Shulk blue. Every other cover was a 2*. Last anniversary, I was going through the 2*-3* and the anniversary helped me get so many needed covers. This anniversary...well it's clear I'm not alone in my disappointment or disgust.

Comparing this to Ultron, our alliance made round 7 of the second run and just walked away because we knew round 8 was impossible. I was so burnt out, I needed a break from the game so I just did DDQ for a couple weeks. There was no anger or frustration like there was for this Galactus event. This has me considering just walking away for good. I hear Future Fight is a fun game. My husband has been trying to get me to quit this game since last anniversary. Maybe he should thank a dev for this atrocious event.
  • TheGamer
    Options
    To be optimistic from a company standpoint on the silence from the Devs... They are faced with a insurmountable task today... True, they can break silence with a small reply but it would only serve to reignite the flame to the current 29 pages on this thread and others with questions for which they currently don't have answers... The current state of this thread exist from a improperly thought out and executed response... I'm sure they are working on it but "Rome was not built in a Day"... These guys don't just wake up and make decisions... Everything must come from the top and be executed at the middle and bottom tiers... The accountant has to be consulted as well... I'm sure they'll respond when they actually have real life answers to give the player base...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. It is obvious from the reward structure that winning was required. If losing was the intent, they should have had at least 3x the number of progression rewards and at lot more (and better) rewards for the nodes.
    Or at the very least the rewards should have been something like:

Round 1: Anniversary token
    Rounds 2-3: Galactus tokens
    Round 4-6: Cyclops covers
    Round 7: Legendary token
    Round 8: 2x Legendary tokens
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    The Red Silence

Coming to a theater near you....

And just in time for Halloween icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    The Red Silence

The screen stays black, the doors lock and nobody answers your calls for help, anger, despair for 3.5 days... and when they let you out... nobody apologizes. Rated R for language you will use.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    The Red Silence

hvrmCAE.png
  • Philly79
    Options
    TheGamer wrote:
    To be optimistic from a company standpoint on the silence from the Devs... They are faced with a insurmountable task today... True, they can break silence with a small reply but it would only serve to reignite the flame to the current 29 pages on this thread and others with questions for which they currently don't have answers... The current state of this thread exist from a improperly thought out and executed response... I'm sure they are working on it but "Rome was not built in a Day"... These guys don't just wake up and make decisions... Everything must come from the top and be executed at the middle and bottom tiers... The accountant has to be consulted as well... I'm sure they'll respond when they actually have real life answers to give the player base...

This maybe true but I would like to think they are celebrating Columbus day or even the Canadian Thanksgiving rather than think they are actually giving two $h!ts what we think....if that were the case none of these thread would exist...how the hell did they anticipate this being fun? I think now that people are wrapping their heads around the mess of the event it might start to subside but only to be replaced with complaints of how poor the drop rates are...as I mentioned before, I was not around last anniversary but from everything I have read D Dino was being given out in high frequency along with other 3's & 4's and even with the "higher" drop rate from anniversary tokens this time around only a handful of people have gotten him, or really anything worth mentioning...I am not going to rehash my pulls rate again but 82% of my draws have been 2*'s. Some might say that is good but 5 unusable 3's and 1 usable 4 are hardly good odds for an anniversary, didn't they claim awhile back that the odds and ways to get 4*'s would increase? How is it that the odds in these "special" offers are lower than the heroic packs that can be bought anytime of the year?
  • Philly79
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Tagstar87 wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    The Red Silence

The screen stays black, the doors lock and nobody answers your calls for help, anger, despair for 3.5 days... and when they let you out... nobody apologizes. Rated R for language you will use.

Almost the funniest thing I have heard all day, nice work.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Man the anniversary tokens are so tinykitty annoying, I just opened the 10-pack you can win in PvP, and pulled 10 2s, not even one iso, or HP, or a 3 or a dino, all 10 tinykitty 2s! What were they thinking when they decided the chances for the tokens?!?!?!

These are the worst tokens ever (and yeah I usually have bad luck opening tokens, but this is too much!).

After Galaktus, this DOESNT HELP to make the anniversary fun.

Ps: I regret so much now that I spent money at the beginning of the sale...
    Ps: Oh and it is also great that in day 715 they are going to give me a SW purple. Just what I needed ...

I'm feeling for you. My 10-pack gave me 9 2s. Then the tenth was gold and I got that surge of excitement -- blue She Hulk.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Very well said....I cannot comprehend why there have been 0 replies or posts from the powers that be....almost 30 pages for one thread! totally disgraceful and not to mention disrespectful to the players that we cannot even get a simple "hey"...I think I am done
    The Red Silence

Kitty, Ice hasn't even been logged in since an hour after the OP.
  • JVReal wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    The Red Silence

Been noticing the absence of red names all day long, well, all week-end long into tonight, really trying to remain optimistic that someone cared at least enough to say something to their player base.

It's now just past 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, and nothing. Not. One. Word.

Cannot imagine any situation similar to this one occurring, personal or professional, that I cared even marginally about (let alone others affected by said event) leading me to decide not to at the very least address those involved, within a span of SEVENTY TWO HOURS…

DBC
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    The Red Silence

Been noticing the absence of red names all day long, well, all week-end long into tonight, really trying to remain optimistic that someone cared at least enough to say something to their player base.

It's now just past 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, and nothing. Not. One. Word.

Cannot imagine any situation similar to this one occurring, personal or professional, that I cared even marginally about (let alone others affected by said event) leading me to decide not to at the very least address those involved, within a span of SEVENTY TWO HOURS…

DBC

I tend to agree that someone should've said something (anything) during the last 3 days given the massive outcry from the playerbase assuming they care at all. As I'm somewhat new here (200 days), how does the the negative feedback now compare to past issues (like true healing)? Was the forum this insanely upset or is this the biggest blow up ever seen on the forums? Trying to gauge how seriously they might take it this time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a very delicate case of how to defuse a bomb.

If the galactus event had been run independently of anniversary, I have a pretty good feeling the backlash wouldn't be so harsh.

galactus and The anniversary tokens and releasing galactus before the weekend were all yikes.