Galactus Hungers 10/8 - ?

Options

Comments

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was using OBW/Falcon/IF. They were making him look silly.
  • Wrestler wrote:
    maybe someone can help me i got a question about the reset.

is the reset of time for galactus and missions done automaticly or do i have to activate the reset via playing...?

so do i have to set an alarm for the middle of the night or do i have an 8 hour window where i can do my hits to him?

Galactus seems to reset every time you fight him. Wait 8 hours, play ASAP for the fastest chance to fight him again.

The missions are an 8 hour window before you can try them again, but as long as you play them within that 8 hour window, you're good.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He can create countdowns of any color, and you have to make a match each round (barring SG yellowflag.png etc, etc) so he'll have a valid target unless you get lucky and 3 tutile.png drop in.

I'm just hearing that he makes more than one CD a turn in round 3. At least flooding the board would group them at the top, and if the strike tiles prevent the cosmic tiles from spawning, that would be a double bonus.
    the cds aren't the big threat (yet), its the cosmics that turn into hp. and if you can limit the number of cosmics, maybe? really that would take 2 castings of storm to be effective, and then only in the short term. not sure how long that might delay it even if it worked - maybe a couple of turns. is that enough time...
  • thanks this helps alot =)
  • Defeat Galactus 3 of 5 times that faced at level 4 and warning: 80% luck 20% skill.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Defeat Galactus 3 of 5 times that faced at level 4 and warning: 80% luck 20% skill.
    15% concentrated power of will

Looking at the required.
    star.pngstar.png Spiderman.

Bag-man

Bag-man is a required node eventually.

WHY
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    He's just there because he's a Spider-Man. You can use Classic or Original instead.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hmm. I see that now. Same for BW, CMarvel, etc.

Why is it different for Human Torch?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He's just there because he's a Spider-Man. You can use Classic or Original instead.

I'm glad it worked out like that. I don't have Capt Marvel but I was able to use a 2 star Ms Marvel that I rostered just for this event.
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I found that Hood / Blade / 3* Torch works wonders. Spam blade black & Hood passive deny AP well...rush Torch red (doing 4K+ against my round 3 Galactus).

Won 3/5 marches in rd3...took a couple tries to get the team composition down.

3 tokens, got 1 Ragnarok...meh.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Nabistay wrote:
    vinicius18 wrote:
    Defeat Galactus 3 of 5 times that faced at level 4 and warning: 80% luck 20% skill.
    15% concentrated power of will

Looking at the required.
    star.pngstar.png Spiderman.

Bag-man

Bag-man is a required node eventually.

WHY

For to spend 900 coins with a new slot. Worthless willpower if you don't have AP. I imagine it at level 8. I'll throw a whale in his head for him to stop being silly. At level 4 it already creates two countdown per round, each of two shifts, and each generates three cosmic tiles.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    So what happens if the entire board is clogged? Does he still spawn his CD tiles?
    interesting thought. clog everything with mostorm. will his cds spawn over attacks and will the cosmics spawn over attacks? wish I could try, but gotta wait 6h 23m.

Someone has to try this.. very curious if this works.. toss in Hood to keep stealing black so you can recast and recast!

I've tried it as this was my plan all along, but sadly the attack tiles are overwritten.. the devs thought of everything! lol
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm 0/5. Cannot figure this out.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    So what happens if the entire board is clogged? Does he still spawn his CD tiles?
    interesting thought. clog everything with mostorm. will his cds spawn over attacks and will the cosmics spawn over attacks? wish I could try, but gotta wait 6h 23m.

Someone has to try this.. very curious if this works.. toss in Hood to keep stealing black so you can recast and recast!

I've tried it as this was my plan all along, but sadly the attack tiles are overwritten.. the devs thought of everything! lol

Sneaky sneaky...

So what of OBW and Bag-man infinitely stalling out the countdowns?
  • Akari
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Sneaky sneaky...

OBW works, that's my mainstay. Tough to keep up the blue AP though...
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Sneaky sneaky...

Did you try comboing her with MNMagneto and Ice Man? :O
  • Akari
    Options
    Blahahah wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Sneaky sneaky...

Seeing as how I have neither of those, nope!
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Wrestler wrote:
    maybe someone can help me i got a question about the reset.

is the reset of time for galactus and missions done automaticly or do i have to activate the reset via playing...?

so do i have to set an alarm for the middle of the night or do i have an 8 hour window where i can do my hits to him?

Galactus seems to reset every time you fight him. Wait 8 hours, play ASAP for the fastest chance to fight him again.

The missions are an 8 hour window before you can try them again, but as long as you play them within that 8 hour window, you're good.

Just to be clear on this, I played at the start 12p EST, cleared all the nodes so everything is locked. It will unlock again at ~8pm (a little later, but you get the picture). If I hit him and the nodes right away, they'll unlock again around 4am. If I don't play until 10p (and then clear everything), will it unlock at 4am or 6am?

4am would mean he (and the nodes) unlock every 8 hours and you have the window to play and theoretically you could play at 3am and 4:01am. 6am would mean that he stays locked for 8hrs after you clear and then it'll continuously push you back further and further off the ideal 12, 8, 4, 12 pattern.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Sneaky sneaky...

ragnarok or switch can generate blue ap. . .

or mnmags
  • Blahahah wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    Blahahah wrote:
    Sneaky sneaky...

Won't work, you need purple for OBW's AP denial as well, to stall inevitable cosmic wrath
This discussion has been closed.