Who took on the 4* DDQ (XFW) and won?

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/0/2, I pretty much did it twice if it wasn't for his Recovery move.

Surgical Strike takes me down in one hit but I can survive X-Force. Matching Recovers is a death sentence, too.
    I had 15 health packs and lost every time. Seemed every board was full of blue, purple, yellow and black. Very little red or green, so even if I did manage to scrape together Countdown For What it would be very difficult to match the greens anyway.

Pretty much every single board was like that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Xpool was level 170 4/3/3, but I lost two times because lucky cascades for the AI and the power of Recovery. Every single match, even the one I won, he got time to cast Recovery. But three is the charm and I got him the third time.

I thought it was going to be easier though, Surgical is easy to deny ( except when there is a cascade) but I had to let him cast green so it would destroy my fake countdowns, but then the AI would get miraculous cascades and then cast recovery. The problem I guess is that Xpool had just two utile powers, and one is a little bit expensive and the other one needed assistance from the enemy, at your own risk icon_razz.gif

Ps: I still dont know how are we supposed to win with ProfX if we cant use team ups (or we fight against someone like Patch).
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    15'th attempt and still haven't gotten a map that isn't completely covered in yellows.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Katai wrote:
    15'th attempt and still haven't gotten a map that isn't completely covered in yellows.

I hear dat!
  • First attempt was successful, level 152 XDP at 4/2/1 covers. +2 R/Y AP, +100% match damage, +50% R/Y match damage.

First one in my bracket to clear everything today as well. Huzzah.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I do this in the PVP events as well, whoever is the biggest challenge is the one I attempt. I don't always win but I like the challenge.
    I do this in pvp too unless I'm hopping. last offseason I took on hb/thing/xpool and won (with thor/loki/hood - activated thing's protects and flipped them into strikes - then had xpool to deal with but I squeaked it out) and recently took on an icebuster with ice over 300 (with drock/fist/Cyclops - may have been beast, don't remember). if its early enough in the events those teams are usually worth 60-75 pts if you can queue them and I like to see if I can beat it. I don't take that chance when hopping.

I fear no team, some call it bravery most call it stupidity. To me the real challenges are the ones I set myself, like taking On the biggest team I can find. Or masochistic undercovered legendary ddq attempts, or trying to match Damage boosted juggs to death. Though recently that last one nearly made Me snap my phone ha haha
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 1/0/0 attempt went entirely as expected. Ol' DP may as well have just thrown a taco at him and committed seppuku on his swords.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I **** hate this game. After 17 attempts I finally get it. And what do I draw? A surgical strike cover. The ONLY 4* skill that I have 5 of already. The only **** one!

And what was my last draw from the last of these that I managed to finish? A **** surgical strike. Didn't need it then either. This game hates me, and I hate it.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Mine is 2/0/1 at level 90. Just got X-Force down to 191 and lost. This node needs to scale.
  • I tried about 20+ times with my 2/0/0 XDP. Saw the sale and got me 2 more red covers. Took another 17 tries with my level 127 4/0/0 XDP and finally got it done. I got a really lucky board on the last try with lots of red. Good thing too as I was ready to buy a bunch of damage boosts.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    drcassino wrote:
    5/0/1 XFDP, level 150. No real problem: got killed once when his green led to a cascade that gave him enough black for a Surgical Strike, but made it through easily the second time. Just deny green and black, build red. Kind of dreading the next one: Goddess, maybe?

My saved vault switched over earlier today. Yes, Goddess.
  • Dankaminari
    Options
    Beat it with a 3/2/0 level 127 on my 18th try. Boost r/y and damage boost +50% r/y and g/b. The key seems to be to do only match damage and let him fire off his yellow the first time. All while saving up enough red to fire it twice.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally beat it, 3/1/1, 115, 1-38

And what do I get for my trouble?
    Mr Fantastic...

So not worth it
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    No joy for me this week. My DP is 2-2-0, which in a solo match is the same as 2-0-0. Tried 10 times, and each time got a board with tons of black and green and next to no red. Twice, I managed to get XFW to below 2000 HP, and each time the bastard put down a recovery tile and then matched it himself, wiping me out. I give up.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rusalka wrote:
    No joy for me this week. My DP is 2-2-0, which in a solo match is the same as 2-0-0.
    Well, not entirely the same. You can go about 14 levels higher, which makes a difference.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Rusalka wrote:
    No joy for me this week. My DP is 2-2-0, which in a solo match is the same as 2-0-0.
    Well, not entirely the same. You can go about 14 levels higher, which makes a difference.

Well, OK, it did let me take a couple of extra hits before I wiped. icon_razz.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/1 level 94 wasn't enough to get it done. icon_e_sad.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wondered if any of the mods know if anyone has conquered a 4* DDQ with 2 covers or less? Or what the least amount of covers it was that beat any 4* node?

I've come close twice now (though I was much closer to XFW than Hulk) with a 2 cover DP and 1 cover IMHB.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beat mine on the 7th try with 3/1/0 xfdp
    Just match black away like your life depends on it (it does) and build red, wait for him to heal up your puny match damage and hit him with all you've got
    No countdown for what made it harder than it should be, but made it anyway, then the game mocks me with a surgical strike draw from the legendary
    Anyway got through with +2 r/y, +20% r/y, +50% all
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saved my legendary tokens from this and the weekend PvP until the Legendary upgrade today. One gave icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.png and the other icon_falcon.pngredflag.png. Both were needed, but neither was exciting.