Who took on the 4* DDQ (XFW) and won?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 131 4/0/1 DP won on the 5th try. I used +2 r/w boost, +2 all colors and +60% match damage (all I had left). Finally got a friendly board and was able to keep his black and yellow away. Waiting for the new 5* before I open the token.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/1/0 Lvl 111 here. He is level maxxed.

WFW pretty much took me out on match damage. I had to deny black like crazy (bad board I guess) and he was able to heal as a result.

I tried again - same result - I can't get off Red fast enough to make a difference against his superior match damage.

I might consider buying another red cover, but not sure it will make a difference.

If you don't have enough of or the right covers, this whole 4* DDQ thing just doesn't work. And let's see....this LACK OF COVERS is EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF US 4* transitioners have been complaining about (even more than lack of ISO).

Way to go Demiurge for designing a game mode that exploits the main weakness that we've been complaining about for over 9 months. Well done.
    This is the exact same build my Deadpool has and I pulled it off with the help of damage boosts and a lot of luck.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Can a 0/1/0 XF Deadpool defeat an XF Wolverine? Let's find out!

ycRvRj8.jpg

Welp.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a 0/1/0 XF Deadpool defeat an XF Wolverine? Let's find out!

ycRvRj8.jpg

Welp.

truly vailiant attempt captain. I admire your bravery at attempting such a feat, your name shall be etched in stone.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I did it; first time playing the 4* challenge (although if I'd had the three red covers I've gotten in the last three days, I'd've given the Hulkbuster one a try. 0-1-1 just wasn't worth my time).

Wasn't feeling great about today with my 5-2-0/120 DP4, but threw in +2R/Y, +50% R/Y, +100% all, and managed to kill him with his healing timer at 1. (and thank goodness I did the stockpile, because I was at 13 red exactly at the time. Didn't have a lot of margin on the damage either. I do 5500, and he had 5300.)

Feeling pretty psyched now, though. icon_e_smile.gif
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    3/1/0 Lvl 111 here. He is level maxxed.

WFW pretty much took me out on match damage. I had to deny black like crazy (bad board I guess) and he was able to heal as a result.

I tried again - same result - I can't get off Red fast enough to make a difference against his superior match damage.

I might consider buying another red cover, but not sure it will make a difference.

If you don't have enough of or the right covers, this whole 4* DDQ thing just doesn't work. And let's see....this LACK OF COVERS is EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF US 4* transitioners have been complaining about (even more than lack of ISO).

Way to go Demiurge for designing a game mode that exploits the main weakness that we've been complaining about for over 9 months. Well done.
    This is the exact same build my Deadpool has and I pulled it off with the help of damage boosts and a lot of luck.

Yah - I'm still trying - I've wiped 5 more times so far. I got close with a lucky cascade, but then I had to match his heal and that triggered a cascade not in my favor that wiped me.

Not much "puzzle" about this quest - deny black and pray for luck is about the only strategy.
  • So far 20 tries with my lvl 111 3/1/0 Deadpool. No luck, always bad board. I've managed to whittle down X-Force to 4k in health but then I always get surgical'd. Only one active redflag.png skill doesn't really help and I still need to deny three ( blackflag.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.png) colors for X-Force. So far I've used 50% damage boosts but to no avail. Man. I'd really need at least one purpleflag.png for DP...
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Got very lucky with my 3/1/0 XFool at 111 rank. Basically, here's the keys to success with undercovered, underleveled xfool.

1) Luck.
    2) More luck.
    3) Deny black
    4) Acquire (and save) Red
    5) Boosts
    6) Luck.

Took me 6 tries, lots of boosts, and as mentioned, look at your board, match black if there is one out there, match red if not. If no red or black, go for green or yellow. Yellow matched and green will do damage but not murder you like black does, and red will heal you. I saved up red until I could fire it off twice (if you fire it once, and he self heals, you wasted a good opportunity), then finished him off. Again, I chalk it up to luck though.
  • Lvl 120 4/0/0 Xpool.

It took 5 or 6 tries, but I eventually got it with +2 red AP, full rainbow damage boosts and crit boosts.
  • I beat x-force witha 3/0/1 icon_deadpool.png . I boosted, but didn't even use his red. His purple came through 3 times.

I used to think his red power was his best and I was fortunate to have 3 but now I wish I had him 1/0/3. Loving that purple!!

Anyone else beat him with just countdowns??
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 0/5 with my 2/-/- xpool. I think dpun is right that a purple cover really helps. I could see where the cheaper purple would be a much better option than trying to chase that much red. I can deny black fine but that usually means either yellow goes off or green. my level 86 xpool cannot take any of the abilities - black and yellow (if matched) one-shot him, and after a green it doesn't take much match damage to finish him. so, will keep trying, but not much hope. even had several match-5s last try, but none in red.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i am 0 for 10 with my 2/1/0.. not wasting any more health packs or boosts.. i will try again when he is alive and healed on his own.. boostless.. but pretty much done.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Round 3 - Fight!

I deny and match damage him down to 6k health and manage to save up for a play with my swords, he has not used one single power in about 8 or 9 turns but he's winding up. He gets a lucky break and a cascade leads to him casting heal in an area where it's impossible to match. Back to square one, in frustration I use up one of my swords (in retrospect this petulant move didn't matter). Again I deny and match damage him down to around 4.2 k <including the damage from my swords> however this is going on so long that his black collection is nearing the magic number.
    Sensing that I won't be able to deny him much longer I unleash a flurry (2) of sword swipes! He now has just 1.2k left and looking at the board and what I can realistically deny him I have about 3 turns to match damage him to death...
    Alas on his next turn, a very small cascade yields 2 blacks. My days are numbered, and that number is 1. I have one turn in which to do 1k damage. I pray to the gem gods and offer my firstborn as sacrifice to save me, hell I'll even take the game crashing then I can tell myself that it was a draw.

But no, one surgical strike later and deadpool is crying. The test continues....
  • DEWDuck
    DEWDuck Posts: 84 Match Maker
    4/1/1 lvl 95 won on first try. Purple/Blue, Red/Yellow, all color match damage +50%, denied black and green.

Still pretty sure I got damn lucky though.
  • 5/1/1 Lvl 152

Can you say Legendary and easy?

Not too often, but this was easy when Out of Bullets does 6300ish damage to Wolvie.

Plus add a heavy purple and the sea of Countdown for what on his heavy green side of the board.

Got the token and guess what?

DP X-enforcer to bring him to 168 and 5/2/1
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    six losses so far with my 1-0-0 DP. These 4* fights keep reminding me of the Monty Python black knight fight.

My last loss was an extra kick while I was down. He killed me with the TU. icon_e_sad.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took a dozen attempts before I got this one with my 131 4/1/1. Have a team-mate with that exact build that did it, and another that did it with a 4/0/0.

Really had to get lucky with the board. Obviously have to deny black, any SS means death. But can't ignore green - two of those meant death. The problem was it was hard to -also- deny yellow. More often failed because I couldn't kill XF before he healed one or more times, and I only had one ability I could use. Had a couple boards where it was almost nothing but black, green, or yellow - had another board where I'm trying to get red but XF cascades into it and he has 21 red while I have five (and started with two through boosts).

Ended up winning with R/Y boost, R/Y and G/B damage +50%. Would have used rainbows but didn't want to waste them when I was failing over and over. Won the same way one of those other lower leveled DPXF did: get lucky to get 26 red and double-fire the ability (XF had a one-turn yellow counter left when he died).
  • 5/3/5 lvl 220 XDP and won first try (didnt boost anything either). Of course that is expected so I am not trying to gloat.

With that said, my board started with all black, I swear. Luckily their was only a few red (which is XDP's strongest color). So I made matches to get red's available and took them. Based on my starting board, it was inevitable I was going to get SS'd at least once. When it did finally happen, there was only 3 red on the board so I obviously survived. A few turns later I finally got my red and killed him. It was quite a bit tougher than I expected but most of that was the initial board.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with a l152 5/1/1. Close call, though, mostly because it was a pretty red-starved board throughout the match and I had to take one SS to the face.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    3. Match the heal - yep I know this means you take damage but it's way better than seeing him fully heal.
    This is true in the back half of the match, but early on when you're collecting AP for your skills, you're far better off letting him heal the match damage you've done so far than you are taking the hit and wasting some of your red AP early to heal it off.

Deny black, isolate recovery tiles away from other yellow, collect red and purple, unleash heck. That's what worked for me with 3/1/1 level 111 XFDP.