Who took on the 4* DDQ (XFW) and won?

Comments

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    2/2/0 lvl 106. Ran through all my healthpacks and still haven't come close. No matter how many black matches I make to deny, xwolvie gets a cascade every time pick up black. Without cdfw im going to have to pull a very lucky red board. Got him down to 1k once but he put out an unmatchable heal and the board was devoid of black and red. Probably won't try later.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    DP is one of my two fully covered 4*'s, so this was a nice easy free token. Yay!

I doubt that you have just managed to pull all 13 deadpool covers in the short time since his release, so i don't know if this token is really "free."

(not a criticism of buying covers, everyone can do what they want! Just a reminder to include all the costs when evaluating the price of getting legendaries)

You're right, of course. I did buy a few covers. Just meant it was pretty effortless to win.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    5/0/1 XFDP, level 150. No real problem: got killed once when his green led to a cascade that gave him enough black for a Surgical Strike, but made it through easily the second time. Just deny green and black, build red. Kind of dreading the next one: Goddess, maybe?
  • Sendikelm
    Sendikelm Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I managed to win with 2/0/2 lvl 106 XDeadpool. This take 4 tries. Boosts - full damage.
    Launched purple 2x (almost all worked) and red 1x. Got hit from green and barely survive.

That was trully puzzle game:) Each move carefully planned. And a lot of luck.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    DP is one of my two fully covered 4*'s, so this was a nice easy free token. Yay!
    I doubt that you have just managed to pull all 13 deadpool covers in the short time since his release, so i don't know if this token is really "free."

(not a criticism of buying covers, everyone can do what they want! Just a reminder to include all the costs when evaluating the price of getting legendaries)
    5 covers on release, another 3 on pvp right after (#1, 1k and 1.3k). If he's been prize again on pvp, another 3 if before legendary tokens, 2 if after. That's 8-11 covers that did not depend on tokens.

5 covers in pve release is available to .2% of the player base. Same with the #1 prize in the pvp event. And the 1300 cover is now a legendary token. I don't consider the pitifully small number of players who actually earn 7 covers for a 4* release to be meaningful.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Up to 10 failed attempts with the last being the most "fun". He X-forced into a cascade that killed me but still went ahead and surgical striked into using his team-up after I was already dead. I'm not sure there was enough of DP left to find with a microscope. icon_lol.gif

I'm not trying to win any longer. I'm just seeing how long can I prolong the pain..err match.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    The toughest thing about trying this with my 1/0/1 LVL 74 DP is never knowing when a "good" board will show up...so I'm never sure when to use damage boosts...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I neeed puuurrrple! My 3/1/0 125 is failing hard. Got him down to about 3k several times now, but I essentially have to get 26 red before he can get 11 black or 9 yellow. Hasn't happened yet.

Got it!

Switched from 50% r/y, 50% b/g, +2 r/y to 100% all, 50% r/y, +2 r/y

I only had 10 all dmg boosts, so I was only going to have two shots at it. First time I got him down to 2k but his recovery tile was stuck in the corner and full healed him. Second time I had a nice board and was able to get off OOB twice without him getting enough black or yellow. Took two xforces to the face, but lived through it.
  • Lv 166 3/4/3. I'm embarrassed that it took me two tries with that. He got a lucky black cascade from a XF that let him do a Surgical.
    Congrats to everyone who beat him.
  • Finally got it on my 16th try. Lucky board: lots of red not too much black and yellow.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat it on the 6th try with a level 111 3/1/0 DP.

Deny black/yellow. Use red to heal after he uses green.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Quebbster wrote:
    3/1/0 Lvl 111 here. He is level maxxed.

WFW pretty much took me out on match damage. I had to deny black like crazy (bad board I guess) and he was able to heal as a result.

I tried again - same result - I can't get off Red fast enough to make a difference against his superior match damage.

I might consider buying another red cover, but not sure it will make a difference.

If you don't have enough of or the right covers, this whole 4* DDQ thing just doesn't work. And let's see....this LACK OF COVERS is EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF US 4* transitioners have been complaining about (even more than lack of ISO).

Way to go Demiurge for designing a game mode that exploits the main weakness that we've been complaining about for over 9 months. Well done.
    This is the exact same build my Deadpool has and I pulled it off with the help of damage boosts and a lot of luck.

Yah - I'm still trying - I've wiped 5 more times so far. I got close with a lucky cascade, but then I had to match his heal and that triggered a cascade not in my favor that wiped me.

Not much "puzzle" about this quest - deny black and pray for luck is about the only strategy.

Ugh - got him down to 914 in health, but he used X-Force and took me very low on health. Then it was a race too see if I could collect red faster than his heal resolved. I couldn't....and so I lost....again. This is becoming throw your phone bad.
    I'm all for a hard fought match and the satisfaction that comes with it, but when SOOOO much luck is involved, it won't feel good even if I eventually win....

Edit - I've now tried over 16 times (lost count, but I know I had 15 health packs this morning and now I have zero). For the life of me, I think I've only gotten one red dominant board in all of those times, and even then XFW managed to luck his way into black matches falling from above, cause god knows I was denying black like crazy. I'm close to rage quit territory now, as unlike last week when my 0/2/1 HB had zero chance, this time I feel like I do have a chance but have to depend so much on luck it isn't fun. At all.

I'm going to go try to calm down now lest I do something rash like uninstall the game. Or smash my phone. Or both.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    2nd try with 5/1/2 lvl 132.

First try got him down to ~2k, with countdowns out. He set off his own Recovery, hit a fews CDs and I thought I might have a shot at a stalemate win, but I died first.

Second try wasn't bad. Tagged with a green once but otherwise he went down quick.
  • Best I've done with my 1.0.0 XDP using boosts is to have it to almost 3000HP
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Died a few more times trying. Came close a few times then got a great board and it was over in a flash.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Finally pulled it off on my 9th try with my 4/0/1. Fortunately his typical load of cascades yielded a ton of yellow, so when he popped Recovery early, he wasn't really gaining much back. 2 Red hits and a couple of minor hits from purple ultimately won out.

Got a Sam Wilson red from token though. Meh.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    I managed to get him down to 186 health left. He had 11 black ready to go and there wasn't any matches for my colors on the board so I had to pray for the game to be nice to me. Well it wasn't nice to me. I'm not even going to try anymore.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Willis wrote:
    I managed to get him down to 186 health left. He had 11 black ready to go and there wasn't any matches for my colors on the board so I had to pray for the game to be nice to me. Well it wasn't nice to me. I'm not even going to try anymore.
    Whatchoo talkin bout Willis? You came so close, you can't give up now...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/1/1, 115, 0-28

Ran through 10 health packs by 7:30 this morning, used the first to regen + 2 that I have been sitting on in prologue, then every 35 minutes since. Boards will not work in my favor, I deny, XFW cascades, I deny, fist of fury gives XFW a free match 5 then cascade, I deny, XFW places Recovery... Then immediately matches away.
  • monsterjoe77
    monsterjoe77 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    2/2/1 lvl 111

took a lot of boosts (red/yellow; purple/blue and power boosts). took me like 15 tries though...