Who took on the 4* DDQ (XFW) and won?

Comments

• bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    lvl 90 xfdp - 1/0/2

first attempt unboosted got him down to 1500 before he fired off recovery - this seems the key to winning this. Boosted I got him down to a similar level

I'm convinced this is possible even for my lvl 90 with enough red and purple, will try again later
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Willis wrote:
    Welp I've wiped 15 times. 2/1/2 covers level 94. Closest I've got him to is 3k health. The worst issue with these 1v1 matches is how horribly luck based they are. This isn't a challenge it's just RNG, at least this one is easier thanks to xforce's god awful green ability. Maybe I'll try more hours later when all my health packs recharge, but I'm quickly losing any interest in trying.
    You should be able to add another 10 levels or so pretty cheaply. That might give you the buffer you need to win on a good board.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    3/1/2 L131

took me 4 or 5 tries using +100% match dmg boosts plus a couple other random ones.

You guys need to also realize that since it was a true 4* and not a scaled up 3* to 270, this was a lot easier than it could have been. Perhaps D3 intended for this but I can tell you right now if that was 3*Patch scaled to 270, this would not be good.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think with a lucky enough board, even a low-level has a _chance_...

I've got a 1/0/1 and I got him down to about half before he x-forced me to death. If I had had one more red match, I may have survived it, but probably not for long. This is totally doable for anyone that has 2 red, 2 purple with a lucky enough board. Black powers are obviously worthless here.

However, I've also come to the conclusion that the new Legendary tokens are for 3 tiers of people:

1) PVE Progression: People that are lucky enough to have all three essentials can easily get this with perseverance.
    2) PVP Progression: These are for the dedicated 3*/4* transitioners that can pound away at it.
    3) DDQ 4* Challenge: These are for the long timers, pay per players, and the lucky!
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I don't even have DPXF so another one missed.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I think the key to winning this with an undercovered DP are as follows: In priority order

1. Deny Black (you gotta deny this harder than a US president)
    2. Collect Red and use OoB very carefully - I think using it anytime you need to heal with the exception of using it to finish him off is better than using it whenever.
    3. Match the heal - yep I know this means you take damage but it's way better than seeing him fully heal.

Will I beat this node with my 86 DP? maybe not but I'm pretty sure if I do then it will be using the above strategy
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    I have lvl 137 4/5/1 4pool. I wiped 12 times so far. Twice I came close and could have won w the correct boosts I have got him to 300 and 600

Beat it on try 13 maybe 14. Finally got a good board and no cascades for the ai.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Didn't come close with my unboosted level 74 1/1/0. Deadpool's black ability is useless 1v1 and my red doesn't have enough kick to do much damage (I think ~950 damage?). Maybe I'll try again with a damage boost, but I think this is probably not going to happen for me.
  • Beat him in about 4 turns. Just boosted +4 purple, got some lucky 4 tile matches and he actually set off 4 of the trap tiles on his own. icon_lol.gif
  • I don't expect to get this one, my 1/1/0 Deadpool not doing much and I don't feel like paying for boosts.

But, I feel it's a pretty straightforward match. Not like that horrible Cyclops matchup...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one took me a couple of tries because I was relying on the damage boosts to kill WXF with match damage, instead of denying blacktile.pnggreentile.pngyellowtile.png Wasted plenty of premium boosts. icon_e_sad.gif

Once I realized that I had to deny his colors, everything went down smoothly. Beat him on my second attempt with my new strategy with a 3/1/0 lvl 111 DP.

Some of the other spectacular failures:

Knocked him down to half, when his Recovery tile resolves, taking him back up to full health. Next turn he casts another Recovery. Ugh...
    Early cascade wins him enough for a SS.
    Another cascade causes enough damage so that DP dies after an X-Force
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    If I remember correctly, ICE said something about using this 4*DDQ for data collection purposes (how many players can accomplish; how hard; etc).
    I'm hoping that the number of users that don't have the required 4* goes into that somehow? I'd like to attempt this with any of my other low-covered 4*s to add to the fail-rate data and help show how hard this DDQ is for players like me (late 3*/(very) early 4* transition), but can't without 4pool.
  • Some XDP I can see that won

301 lv111
    411 lv135
    500 lv147
    223 lv147
    400 lv127
    311 lv115
    241 lv152
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Some XDP I can see that won

301 lv111
    411 lv135
    500 lv147
    223 lv147
    400 lv127
    311 lv115
    241 lv152
    Just shows how weak post-nerf XF is...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/2/2 lvl 150 DPX beat it on fourth try. Would've been first, but he killed me one more before I got him.

The LT yielded my first SS, so in 13 days I have to kiss PVE goodbye because he will break my initial level scaling. Sucks for a primarily PVE player.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Took me 20 tries, boosted each time before I finally beat him with only 936 left.

My XFDP is 110 3/0/1. Final battle was boosted r/y +2, b/p + 2, and all color damage 100%. It definitely had to do with some luck. Got a lot of match pink and reds, and was able to fire off countdown twice, and red once. Final moments were carefully selecting which colors to match in order to deny black yellow and green. Fists of fury also fell in a spot that matched red, so that helped. Recovery was used once, but X-Force green destroyed it.

Is possible, but it's not fun losing 20 times in a row before you win...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    If I remember correctly, ICE said something about using this 4*DDQ for data collection purposes (how many players can accomplish; how hard; etc).
    I'm hoping that the number of users that don't have the required 4* goes into that somehow? I'd like to attempt this with any of my other low-covered 4*s to add to the fail-rate data and help show how hard this DDQ is for players like me (late 3*/(very) early 4* transition), but can't without 4pool.
    I assume they can measure how many attempted the 4* challenge. If it's a lot less than with Wolverine or Hulkbuster, it's probably because not enough people have XDP...
    I am worried that by making a 4* challenge it may have a higher rate of completion than it would otherwise. Hopefully they'll compensate for it somehow.
  • simonsez wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Some XDP I can see that won

301 lv111
    411 lv135
    500 lv147
    223 lv147
    400 lv127
    311 lv115
    241 lv152
    Just shows how weak post-nerf XF is...
    Ice said some 1-2 covers won against cyke so...

And to be fair, a lv270 3* has a big scaling compared to a lv270 4*.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Ice said some 1-2 covers won against cyke so...
    Would love to see video of that.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    3/1/0 Lvl 111 here. He is level maxxed.

WFW pretty much took me out on match damage. I had to deny black like crazy (bad board I guess) and he was able to heal as a result.

I tried again - same result - I can't get off Red fast enough to make a difference against his superior match damage.

I might consider buying another red cover, but not sure it will make a difference.

If you don't have enough of or the right covers, this whole 4* DDQ thing just doesn't work. And let's see....this LACK OF COVERS is EXACTLY WHAT ALL OF US 4* transitioners have been complaining about (even more than lack of ISO).

Way to go Demiurge for designing a game mode that exploits the main weakness that we've been complaining about for over 9 months. Well done.