5* Characters effects on PVP/PVE

1131415161719»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm over three event's in now since drawing SS and my game is still to hell. 2* roster and still after the free nodes to 101 points I just see a wall of 166 if not boosted higher than that. I have gone from a 550 average per event to 300, 350 if I get some luck. If the next season is like that I'm just going to walk away. It was fun trying to beat mid level 3 star rosters and a challenge. This is not a challenge, trying to beat a team with triple the health at least. icon_e_sad.gif I have lost so many matches in the last 2 events and still the fist event is gonna break me in two.

I imagine my alliance will cut me a little more slack but next season my scoring will be so low I have to fall on my sword before I'm cast aside like a used tissue.
  • For what it's worth.....here's some info in this thread how Silver Surfer changed the PVP experience:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36127

Cheers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just thought it might be interesting to compare N00b's Amadeus' Inferno against tinykitty's, since no characters are boosted to confuse the scaling.

A N00b - Lvl 120 Ant-man + Lvl 94 general population
    vs
    tinykitty - 3 x 255 5*s, actual roster level 155

Definitely not in Kansas - 52-57 vs 119-123
    HAMMER on Trial - 73/74/73 vs 186/186/185
    Look-Alike Contest - 198-206 vs 395-395
    Righteous Rivalry - 77-77 vs 176-176

A N00b has not bothered to try clearing Amadeus yet due to lack of hp for roster slots, but I assume that's a fixed level from the last set of scaling comparisons.

So for a top3 average difference of about 53 lvls (102 VS 255), we get an increase between nearly 70-110 levels.

I'm just glad 5*s were only introduced after I built up my roster and can handle it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Marty17 wrote:
    Question: if say all my characters are at max level with 2 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png are at lvl270 & 2 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png at base lvl255, would it make much difference if I take them to lvl270?

Like in look a like contest, it's (opponents) already at lvl395...

It depends on whether you have the essential star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png maxed out or not. The reason is that the buff for a featured star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png is 50%. So if you got a 270 xf for example, he gets buffed to 405! So (405+255+255)/3=305.

For me personally, I leave my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png at 181 partly because they get buffed to 271 for pve. (271+255+255)/3=260. Thus, by leaving my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png at 181, my scaling will be much more manageable.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Just thought it might be interesting to compare N00b's Amadeus' Inferno against tinykitty's, since no characters are boosted to confuse the scaling.

A N00b - Lvl 120 Ant-man + Lvl 94 general population
    vs
    tinykitty - 3 x 255 5*s, actual roster level 155

Definitely not in Kansas - 52-57 vs 119-123
    HAMMER on Trial - 73/74/73 vs 186/186/185
    Look-Alike Contest - 198-206 vs 395-395
    Righteous Rivalry - 77-77 vs 176-176

A N00b has not bothered to try clearing Amadeus yet due to lack of hp for roster slots, but I assume that's a fixed level from the last set of scaling comparisons.

So for a top3 average difference of about 53 lvls (102 VS 255), we get an increase between nearly 70-110 levels.

I'm just glad 5*s were only introduced after I built up my roster and can handle it.

To add a little more data:

My top 7 characters are:

X-Force Wolverine @ 259
    OML @ 259
    IW @ 251
    Prof. X @ 250
    Thoress @ 250
    Carnage @ 217
    Fury @ 197

my opponents are:

Definitely not in Kansas - 119-123
    HAMMER on Trial - 185/186/185
    Look-Alike Contest - 395-395
    Righteous Rivalry - 176-176
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    OML isn't available for the heroic and not calculated in your baseline scaling.

I have 30 fully covered 3*'s, 11 are level 166, and 8 more are Champions, with Hulk at 169. I also have twenty-one 4*'s....wow. Ok, until just now, I seriously did not realize just how many 4* characters I actually have. Most have just a few covers (or 1) but I have a Lady Thor with 10 covers at 140 (she could be 203), and an 8-cover Nick Fury at 152 (of 172).

I've just pulled a Yellow cover for Old Man Logan (my first 5*) and I was wondering if I should keep him or sell him, but given how many 4* characters I actually have, even if none of them are fully covered or leveled up I probably should keep him. At the very least he would make a decent yellow/red/black Tank in PvE.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    JSP869 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    OML isn't available for the heroic and not calculated in your baseline scaling.

I have 30 fully covered 3*'s, 11 are level 166, and 8 more are Champions, with Hulk at 169. I also have twenty-one 4*'s....wow. Ok, until just now, I seriously did not realize just how many 4* characters I actually have. Most have just a few covers (or 1) but I have a Lady Thor with 10 covers at 140 (she could be 203), and an 8-cover Nick Fury at 152 (of 172).

I've just pulled a Yellow cover for Old Man Logan (my first 5*) and I was wondering if I should keep him or sell him, but given how many 4* characters I actually have, even if none of them are fully covered or leveled up I probably should keep him. At the very least he would make a decent yellow/red/black Tank in PvE.

Your roster is exactly where mine was when I got my first 5*. With that many max 3*s you will be fine. Just don't level him up. Your 3*s will be of comparable level when boosted so you won't really notice any scaling differences.
  • OML is a PvE beast with just one yellow. He can breeze through all the easy nodes without ever coming close to needing a health pack. You can even use him on harder nodes and if he does get hurt just go back and play an easy node for him to heal up on.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I'm sorry if some of these questions are repeats as I haven't read this entire thread. This topic became way more interesting to me a couple days ago:
    I have a maxed 2* roster and I accidentally (yes seriously) opened a legendary with an open roster slot the other day. OML yellow and he immediately went on the roster. I really don't want to sell him.

The main question I have is: should I use him at all or will that screw up stuff? Or is stuff just screwed up already.

A few questions (if anyone happens to know or guess at an answer):
    Will using him or not in either PvP or PvE affect my MMR/scaling at all?
    If so, will using him or not in one affect the other?
    If so, will using him in Lightning Rounds affect MMR/scaling for regular PvP?

Here's what I think I've gathered from what little I've read, but I'd love to be corrected:
    It seems like PvE will just automatically be scaled and I might as well use him.
    MMR for PvP will just be based on results so if I just play my "normal" roster things will bounce back to normal after a couple events. But maybe using him won't hurt either.
    No idea on whether LR stuff affects anything else.

Thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML is a PvE beast with just one yellow. He can breeze through all the easy nodes without ever coming close to needing a health pack. You can even use him on harder nodes and if he does get hurt just go back and play an easy node for him to heal up on.

yeap that is why out of all of the 5 stars i think OML is the best

i got him with 2 yellows and he is my tank i mean he can even take out the last node