5* Characters effects on PVP/PVE

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    lok123456 wrote:

Am I right that they said they will try to fix it in the video? But I am probably not going to recruit 5* until they really figure out way to fix it

I went back and re-watched the video and they start talking about it around 8:27 into the video. They talk about addressing the issues that keep folks from leveling their characters and then mention 5*s not messing it up anymore afterwards.

The problem is they don't give specifics on that. They could mean that they are going to motivate folks to level up their 3* toons to 166 which in a way will mitigate the problem OR they might address it another way. Without specifics we don't know and they still haven't given us anymore details.

I'd love to level up my roster to 166, if they actually gave us ISO to do it! There isn't enough flowing in the game to make me want to use the precious purple on a character like Spiderman.
  • Hi, I just created an account real quick because I am currently having the same issue with my roster. I am on day 60 and have most of my characters at about level 70 or below. Thanks to a lucky pull from some command points, I was able to get a silver surfer cover. Currently my top 5 covers are Silver Surfer (255) Black Widow (lvl 72) Ares (71) Storm (70) Thor (70) and they all have 13 covers. I have 54k ISO meaning I can max 1 out at 94 and level another up pretty high.

I was fighting characters around my level and doing pretty good in most pvp and pve areas. (good for me is about 400 - 500 points in pvp just fyi) Now I face characters that range from 130 - 166 and sometimes even higher. Essentially this means that I can no longer play the game really unless I sell my silver surfer cover (red). I'm not really sure what to do at the moment because Silver Surfer is my favorite character and I would hate to sell him but its looking like I don't have a choice really.
  • madok wrote:
    I went back and re-watched the video and they start talking about it around 8:27 into the video. They talk about addressing the issues that keep folks from leveling their characters and then mention 5*s not messing it up anymore afterwards.

The problem is they don't give specifics on that. They could mean that they are going to motivate folks to level up their 3* toons to 166 which in a way will mitigate the problem OR they might address it another way. Without specifics we don't know and they still haven't given us anymore details.

I'd love to level up my roster to 166, if they actually gave us ISO to do it! There isn't enough flowing in the game to make me want to use the precious purple on a character like Spiderman.
    After my 2nd 5* character threw everything out of whack, I've been trying to get my 3* to a usable place ASAP. I agree that the old 'level evenly' advice should get thrown in the trash, but it's so difficult to level your characters. I'm trying to keep them around level 127 because of the big ISO cost jump at 120, but I'm really pressured to bump the featured 3* for every PvE event as high as possible in order to finish the 5th and 6th node in each sub. My 6 figure ISO hoard has depleted very quickly, and there's only been two events so far! There's no way I can keep this up.
  • Nick441234
    It is impossible to upgrade them all at present. I have 22 3* at level 140, 6 at 130 and 14 at 120. I obviously want to eventually get them all to 166, but I just dont see that being possible with the current flow of ISO. Its just too much ISO, and quite a few weak 3* that I just wont use that ISO on.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi, I just created an account real quick because I am currently having the same issue with my roster. I am on day 60 and have most of my characters at about level 70 or below. Thanks to a lucky pull from some command points, I was able to get a silver surfer cover. Currently my top 5 covers are Silver Surfer (255) Black Widow (lvl 72) Ares (71) Storm (70) Thor (70) and they all have 13 covers. I have 54k ISO meaning I can max 1 out at 94 and level another up pretty high.

I was fighting characters around my level and doing pretty good in most pvp and pve areas. (good for me is about 400 - 500 points in pvp just fyi) Now I face characters that range from 130 - 166 and sometimes even higher. Essentially this means that I can no longer play the game really unless I sell my silver surfer cover (red). I'm not really sure what to do at the moment because Silver Surfer is my favorite character and I would hate to sell him but its looking like I don't have a choice really.

i would never open these type of tokens until you in mid 3 star land. even 4 stars would killed you
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Just came back to the game. Been playing for a month. Got 9 166 3*s but slowly building up the rest of my 3*s since I was on hiatus. No usable 4*s. My alliance has been generous with the CPs, so I've had lots of LTs, but I opened a OML yellow. Been holding out on rostering him, since I read about the screwy scaling. I beat the gauntlet fully, struggling only a little vs 3-4 nodes. Finally bite the bullet and roster OML afterwards since my alliance tell me OML is the best 4* and that d3 is going to fix the scaling soon/it's a huge priority.
    Jump into oscorp, clear the first couple nodes and the first half of the sub alright. Hit 168 jugg/daken/rags, and wipe all my health packs. If this is a taste of scaling, I'm going to have to suck it up and sell OML because I can't get pve rewards at all, which have been HUGE in getting my roster into fighting shape. Now this entire sub is fubar, I'm likely going to miss out on the LT as a result. And d3 is still sitting there twiddling their thumbs on things like holiday graphics and new backgrounds.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zappa wrote:
    Just came back to the game. Been playing for a month. Got 9 166 3*s but slowly building up the rest of my 3*s since I was on hiatus. No usable 4*s. My alliance has been generous with the CPs, so I've had lots of LTs, but I opened a OML yellow. Been holding out on rostering him, since I read about the screwy scaling. I beat the gauntlet fully, struggling only a little vs 3-4 nodes. Finally bite the bullet and roster OML afterwards since my alliance tell me OML is the best 4* and that d3 is going to fix the scaling soon/it's a huge priority.
    Jump into oscorp, clear the first couple nodes and the first half of the sub alright. Hit 168 jugg/daken/rags, and wipe all my health packs. If this is a taste of scaling, I'm going to have to suck it up and sell OML because I can't get pve rewards at all, which have been HUGE in getting my roster into fighting shape. Now this entire sub is fubar, I'm likely going to miss out on the LT as a result. And d3 is still sitting there twiddling their thumbs on things like holiday graphics and new backgrounds.
    OML isn't available for the heroic and not calculated in your baseline scaling.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Neither does Surfer. Scaling is just broken, **** and designed to punish you for succeeding even post community scaling. Can't wait for the fix. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    welp, if that's the case discount my salt for what it is. Its unfortunate that I can't complete a simple oscorp sub though even after beating the 260+ jeanbuster node in gauntlet.
  • slidecage
    fmftint wrote:
    Zappa wrote:

OML still counts my levels are the same with or with out being able to use him.

had no problem with 168 jugg nod Use patch and Fist once Patch gets out the attack tiles fist damage will kill them fast
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Zappa wrote:

OML still counts my levels are the same with or with out being able to use him.

had no problem with 168 jugg nod Use patch and Fist once Patch gets out the attack tiles fist damage will kill them fast

Yeah I am not 100% sure but I think ALL your roster counts for scaling in Heroics PvE. I know it doesnt make sense, but I think it is like that (when I rostered my 5s, and upgraded my IMHB and JG to 255 all Heroics became harder even though most of the time I can't use those).
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Do you have a max patch? he's boosted to 260 for this heroic event. He's probably the reason your scaling is on steroids.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    They got so close to a good idea, but then they ruined it by monetizing it and linking it too heavily to RNG.

By making 5*s buyable, they've ensured that at least some people will have access to these game breaking characters far ahead of anyone else, making them essentially unstoppable in PVP.

The rest of the population is left with a luck based system that leaves no one happy. Those with bad luck are unable to progress in the "end game" simply because of their luck. The terrible twist though is that even those with good luck don't get to be happy either, since they get to compare themselves to a new class of super-whales.

5*s should not have been buyable at all. Perhaps they could have been bought directly with CP and CP could have been unbuyable. Perhaps they could have been worked towards on some other progression system.

The issue here is the distribution. They've managed to take what was an alright idea and ruin it through terrible implementation.
  • I recently also came back, I don't have any 5*s rostered yet, but do have 3 4*s between 240-250. My scaling for that node is the same though. If you have a max patch im pretty sure that's what's actually doing it for this event. I don't have many covers for any of the chars released in the last year but max patch/max 2* thor/120 max covered dd took on every node with pretty much no trouble.. I think I used 2 hp over 2 full clears, both on dd. patch tanks everything for thor, dd is there for purple (which I only have 3 covers in) but his blue can be amazing and def save the day when you need it, and red can be great depending on the board. Thor is for yellow, which can lead to beserker rage/cots or just multiple br. If you have the patch, try it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    This hc run is more enjoyable than last few we had before. I have rather high scaling (don't remember nubmer numbers) as I have several chars over 200 due to event/weekly buffs, yet I was able to do clears in round 1 and 2 with max 1-2 packs used on each full clear. For first one I was using beast, IF and cap marvel, for 2nd beast, cap marvel and kamala - both compositions are fast, hiting hard and have nice amount of healing.
  • Nick441234
    My scaling isn't horrendous on this event. My Jugs/Venom/Daken fight is at 194. I used Patch 234/Fist 234/Thor 150 and have cleared it fairly comfortably so far. The Ares fight, I just bring Daredevil at 200 to stun him and then its all pretty comfortable.

Its obviously paramount you keep all your 3* around the same level, ranking them up gradually rather than just a handful. All my 3* are between 120-140 currently.
  • heckbringer
    heckbringer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    My friend's experience has pretty much been ruined by this issue... He's been keeping his guys all at level 70 because it's better to not level your guys until you can level all of them (which would be nice if it were fixed) but he didn't want to not add his OML. But now everything is waaaay harder for him and he's trying to figure out if he should sell of his OML.

It would be nice if we had some idea of a time frame for this fix.

It would also be nice if I wasn't under the impression that Reddit posts have more pull than the ones here (I hope that was just an unfortunate choice of words and not reflective of reality), making me feel like I'm posting this in the wrong place at this moment.
  • slidecage
    My friend's experience has pretty much been ruined by this issue... He's been keeping his guys all at level 70 because it's better to not level your guys until you can level all of them (which would be nice if it were fixed) but he didn't want to not add his OML. But now everything is waaaay harder for him and he's trying to figure out if he should sell of his OML.

It would be nice if we had some idea of a time frame for this fix.

It would also be nice if I wasn't under the impression that Reddit posts have more pull than the ones here (I hope that was just an unfortunate choice of words and not reflective of reality), making me feel like I'm posting this in the wrong place at this moment.

i say we will be lucky to see a fix before feb 2016. maybe in jan
  • Nick441234
    People who leave their roster at level 70 are just doing so so that they can get easy fights. They deserve to get their **** kicked for trying to avoid fights they might actually lose.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 18 max level 3*s, my highest 4* is 4/3/5 IW at level 131. I recently pulled a green Phoenix and I *really* want to roster her as I love the character and green is a kick-**** power. Thoughts?

After reading through the 5* effects on The Gauntlet thread, it would seem that it won't have much of an effect on me, as I'm already playing PVEs with 3*s boosted up to 290. Is that 100% verified?

Still got 9 days until she expires, so I think I might just hold on until after Heart of Darkness.