PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slice 3 here and can say at 515pm est on tuesday im done with the event WOOOOOO

2 days off before crapman.. I mean iceman
  • Not looking forward to that grind.. don't think he's going to be very **** at all.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    I had hopes that I would be in a slice with people that would give up at 70k, but considering I recognize names as people busy building duplicate 4*, I know I can just be happy where I am at and not bother grinding to a pulp because they've already opened a gap I can't compete with to gain on them. Guess I should be happy to have a bagman and yelena.

I don't think anyone would top 2 a bracket for a dupe cover.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just realized that I am past 63000 points after two clears of the penultimate sub that netted me 9000 points in total. That should mean that two clears of the final sub should be enough to get the Legendary token. I think I'll stop grinding this sub now and see if I happen to fall down into the 300s instead - top 50 is out of reach for me, and I'll have more use for a Heroic token than an Event token anyway.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    made my token this morning. I've done no grinding and missed one clear, doing 4 clears a day. if I have it right it took 20 clears to make the token. that is 3/day and that is a very reasonable pace. if they're all like that going forward (including the 3-4 day events) everyone should be very thankful.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hit 70k now while doing enough to stay in the T50 each day. It does look like a bunch have just stopped since they got the token as i am now deeper into T20 that before.
    T10 is reachable and that last black would be nice but it doesn't seem worth the effort.
    I'll maintain T50 for the day for today and see how things are for the last flip. May just take that day off or do things minimally to stay in the T50 for the event.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Made it to Legendary cover this morning. I have been in a bracket with a surprisingly moderate level of grinding, which has me in 1st by 8000 or so points. Since I don't have any Red Thing covers, I am going to try and keep up grinding to place Top 2.
  • Must be nice, top of my bracket is over 100k now at this point. So tired of being put in brackets with people with all 3 essentials and then they never even reuse the new 4 stars they've released so the few release events I did place in could help out.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got my 70K this morning, got my token, I'm out with a green Thing for my effort. Now I have 2 green Things.

I don't know how normal PVE'ers do this all the time.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    I had hopes that I would be in a slice with people that would give up at 70k, but considering I recognize names as people busy building duplicate 4*, I know I can just be happy where I am at and not bother grinding to a pulp because they've already opened a gap I can't compete with to gain on them. Guess I should be happy to have a bagman and yelena.

I don't think anyone would top 2 a bracket for a dupe cover.

Heh...third character on roster is a 5 red cover thing. Maybe they are holding the cover for when the blackmarket opens on trading covers. I can't wait. It'll be easier to get rid of all those sentry covers I've amassed.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    Options
    Got my Legendary token last night, cashed it in... blackflag.png Silver Surver! Couldn't be happier right now! Also currently ranked #1 in my node, so that's nice.

Also cashed in my 9 stockpiled DDQ tokens, got all 2* garbage, health packs, and one 250 HP. Ah well.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    Options
    Konman wrote:
    Got my 70K this morning, got my token, I'm out with a green Thing for my effort. Now I have 2 green Things.

I hear you. This is my first time pushing mostly because I wanted a token and some thing covers, but man, this is tedious.
  • MiTYH wrote:
    Konman wrote:

I hear you. This is my first time pushing mostly because I wanted a token and some thing covers, but man, this is tedious.

Normal PVE Players aren't chasing progression, they're chasing placement, and while it is tedious, if you want to place, you have to put in some scheduled clears and grinding to stay in placement range. This event has actually ruined that particular element for me, as scores that would normally get me top 100, instead have me at 200ish, because more players are going for the token, seeing good placement, and continuing onward for placement.

I really think this is the last time I do 7 day PVE like this. It may mean giving up my alliance spot, but this slog isn't worth it anymore since my placement scores are going to suffer plus Im having to grind for 7 days for 1 token. It really depends on score thresholds for shorter events.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    MiTYH wrote:
    Konman wrote:

Normal PVE Players aren't chasing progression, they're chasing placement, and while it is tedious, if you want to place, you have to put in some scheduled clears and grinding to stay in placement range. This event has actually ruined that particular element for me, as scores that would normally get me top 100, instead have me at 200ish, because more players are going for the token, seeing good placement, and continuing onward for placement.

I really think this is the last time I do 7 day PVE like this. It may mean giving up my alliance spot, but this slog isn't worth it anymore since my placement scores are going to suffer plus Im having to grind for 7 days for 1 token. It really depends on score thresholds for shorter events.

why do you have to slug for 7 days most got it by day 5. ALSO normal pve i think you got that wrong. I loved and i say LOVED PVE if this happen 2 to 3 months ago, but with having almost every 3 star cover wised max Whats is the point in playing PVE f or 1 4 star. Sorry but grinding like crazy for 5 days for a 4 star is going to get old and old quick,

Now you could say well that has been going on since the 4 stars came out TRUE but those people who are better at PVP then you are going to get up to 5 4 stars compair to you 1 or 2 4 star so they will max them out at twice the pace of you or better.

Im going to do progression until nov (3rd 5 star) and see if i really want to play this game anymore.. Hopefully more changes will take place by then but if not i will be moe then happy to find something else to do .

not worth the time just for 1 4 star for at least 20 hours of gameplay

now if i needed tons of 3 stars i be all over this .
  • It took me longer I suspect for 2 reasons.

1. Didn't have 4Thor, so Im out those points.

2. I've only been doing 3 clears a day, only bothering to grind down goon nodes. My blade is undercovered so his essential is a nuisance, and Storm is limited use when she has to tank, so running her essential more than 2 - 3 times in a grind results in too much health pack use, and I need those for my new clear following the grind.

Im still easily on pace for 70k, but the payout on the 7 day PVEs just doesn't merit the time investment, when it's the same as the 3-4 day pve events.
  • slidecage
    Options
    at least 88 people in my bracket got it
  • Dragunsk
    Options
    Juggs, **Daken and Moonstone node is a infinity Unstoppable Crash and infinity cascade node. icon_mad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One clear of Nevada and the main map nodes was just enough to push me over 70K. Got Invisible Woman from the token... Oh well.
    Probably won't bother to grind more. I'll try to stay top 400 in the sub.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Got Invisible Woman from the token.
    Same here.
  • Quebbster wrote:
    One clear of Nevada and the main map nodes was just enough to push me over 70K. Got Invisible Woman from the token... Oh well.
    Probably won't bother to grind more. I'll try to stay top 400 in the sub.

Cleared roughly the same, took 2 extra grinds on the repeatable 200 pt loaner node.

Got Hulk Buster Blue icon_e_biggrin.gif

Still out of habit played my morning clear afterwards, and skyrocketed from 209 to 150, so may just see if I can try and place 150 over all, hulk red could be useful.