PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well i enjoy pve when i don't care about placement. used 25 characters so far for my first 2 clears. now that my hulk is up to 4 black (thx ddq) i can finally start hulkbombing with patch and loki. used clint's angels (poor mans Charlie's angels) once. also used stormneto-eye. used thor/doom/hood. the 395 hulk, 140cap/94mnmags/136hood every time. sub in daredevil if i lose cap and are tight on health packs.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    did they make everything cheeper points wise.. beacuse i cleared everything but thor essential and the last node and i only made 1720 points...
    this is going to be a loooong grind.

Points generally go up with each sub, so it's better than you think. After three clears (and not having 4* Thor), I'm at 7k points. I'm nowhere near "optimal" and haven't done any grinding. 70k should be achievable unless the event is different for the next 6 days than it was the last time...

Good luck all.
  • Azoic wrote:
    If people were only going for the token, I hope they realize that grinding out the first few subs isn't the way to go on a 7 day event. Save yourself some time and wait for higher point nodes.

I've been wondering about this, I thought i should aim for 10,000 per day but im just over 7000 and the points are pretty dry and i only have 2 hours to go so what is the best strategy here? Will the nodes for the next days be much higher to make up the difference?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    erbalist wrote:
    Azoic wrote:
    If people were only going for the token, I hope they realize that grinding out the first few subs isn't the way to go on a 7 day event. Save yourself some time and wait for higher point nodes.

I've been wondering about this, I thought i should aim for 10,000 per day but im just over 7000 and the points are pretty dry and i only have 2 hours to go so what is the best strategy here? Will the nodes for the next days be much higher to make up the difference?
    knowing the last days of the event are LR days I'd prefer to get as much of a head start now, not grinding but just doing the 3-4 clears/day. that gives me less to worry about later in the event and the following, which looks like the **** release. don't think i could stomach a late grind for a legendary and then have to grind for the **** and another token.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    Ya 10k a day is what you should be able to get.. but i dont see myself getting it.. i know i did it last time they had this even and my roster was weaker.. and i was missing the same one essential and not able to kill the 395 hulk.. i think they pretty much messed with the points.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    Ya 10k a day is what you should be able to get.. but i dont see myself getting it.. i know i did it last time they had this even and my roster was weaker.. and i was missing the same one essential and not able to kill the 395 hulk.. i think they pretty much messed with the points.
    remember the points/node scale higher later in the event. don't freak out yet. just do what you can. the points will ease up later i think.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    i have never missed progress ever.. i started the event late like normal so im not doing 8 hours clears.. i never have.. but this event is making me question if im going to get progress.. unless the points do pick up dramaticly.. i could be worried for nothing but the target every even as been to get a certain amount a day.. like for this one its 10k a day..
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    Ya i hope so.. i guess im just worried for nothing cuz i have never missed my daily goal before.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Joined, got to Hulk

Ran Venom lvl 1 / Reed (anyone lvl 40 up can tank every colour) / 1*Spidey lvl1

Decimated him, okay lucky cascade to start so i stunned instantly. After that blue or purple stun, get some black and game over. There is no AOE, they regenerate in a few minutes and you can use anyone to tank at a decent lvl as they will tank every single colour. Hardest part is to keep 6 web tiles on the board.

Even a 1 star team with Jugs or IM tanking should be able to get through
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those in slices 1 or 2, are the points increasing by the normal 25-33% range?
  • ammenell wrote:
    im missing two of the essentials (i have storm, duh!)
    is it still possible to get the legendary token?

You can get blade from the Gaunlet - I had a weird run actually. I got Qs from the PVP to be able to complete the Gauntlet to use Blade for the Hulk lol
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    For those in slices 1 or 2, are the points increasing by the normal 25-33% range?

if they go up 25%

day 1 10000
    day 2 12500
    day 3 15625
    day 4 19531
    dat 5 24000

so if you put up your playing that gets you those numbers should have it by day 5 so tuesday or sooner then give yourself a 2 day break for iceman icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    Options
    I think they only went up 10%

100 is now 114

11500 was good enough for 49th people are massive grinding in mine

12 k in the last 4 star got me 30th
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    See thats not alot of an upgrade.. they messed with the points i know it. Untill someone confirms that works from d3 i will not belive it other wise. this will be the first event i have played in that i will not get my daily exspected points. Same event last time i got 70k by day 5 not being able to kill the last node of each board and missing one essential.
  • slidecage
    edited September 2015
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    I think they only went up 10%

100 is now 114

11500 was good enough for 49th people are massive grinding in mine

12 k in the last 4 star got me 30th

1st sub clear was worth 2460.
    2nd sub clear was worth 2805.

so about what a 15% jump

even push that to a 20%

3rd 3366 '
    4th *sun 4039
    5th monday 4848
    6th tue 5817
    7th 6980
    bad thing they picked hulk to start this out on .i think of of the hardest PVES

pts seem very very low
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    Its just.. weird is all.. I havent failed to ever get daily progress.. if the event is 70k.. i should beable to get 10k in a day.. i did it last hulk event for sure.. missing one essential and unable to kill the 395 hulk.. yet this time.. im just over 5k.. and nodes are getting smaller and the day is getting close to the end so.. i dont know.. I still think they lower point vaule by alot.. because i do progress always.. and close to double it most event.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    Its just.. weird is all.. I havent failed to ever get daily progress.. if the event is 70k.. i should beable to get 10k in a day.. i did it last hulk event for sure.. missing one essential and unable to kill the 395 hulk.. yet this time.. im just over 5k.. and nodes are getting smaller and the day is getting close to the end so.. i dont know.. I still think they lower point vaule by alot.. because i do progress always.. and close to double it most event.

i think better people were pumped last time i think that is why it seems we are getting nowhere

also i think a lot want hulk covers or something 11.5 was good for 48th

thats nuts
  • Ares and Daken? Of course the starting board is 60% green! And more green keeps dropping. *sigh*

Edit: And then I rage retreated as I was about to lose, and then remembered that doesn't impact your scaling. I hate having to remember to play the metagame in order to succeed.

Edit2: Try 2 and I got wiped out because Ares is using Sunder every turn. Rigged board and infinite AP... apparently D3 turned on all the cheats for this one.

Edit3: Yeah, getting mauled by these nodes. I'm done; event's too tough for me. Rewards looked pretty good but it's not worth this much trouble. Also it's not really infinite AP, I'm just incapable of denying them AP. I can't keep track of what colors they use and remember to match those every turn. It's too much for me to think about. Which makes it more frustrating because everyone here talks about how easy it is to beat the AI and I'm so incredibly **** dumb so I can't do it.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    [quote="slidecage"
    1st sub clear was worth 2460.
    2nd sub clear was worth 2805.

so about what a 15% jump
    even push that to a 20%

pts seem very very low

don't see what the problem is, it's a 14% increase per day so let's use that and round down

One total clear for the entire event is = 26394

let's go with a conservative 3 clears and no grind. 26394 x3 =79182
    Or to make it more precise, on the last day midway through your 2nd clear.

Even at a really low 10% increase per sub you would hit 70k if you follow three clears per sub. Factor in grinding and greater than 15% increases and there should be no problem. If you don't have a particular essential or are getting tanked in the hard nodes adjust your strategy. A grind is the equivalent of 5 clears (conservative) so that should net you about 26k just playing the last sub alone.

They don't want everyone to do this but it should be more than manageable, if you can't manage this then get your roster / time to a position where you can next time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    5k? On sub one? You're doing something very wrong then. I finished sub 1 with 15k