PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• Lordsynder
    Options
    Im missing one essential and i cant kill last node just like last hulk event.. but this time i only made 1961 on the clear.. i know for a fact now they messed with the points and i want d3 to admit it .. after butting out that bull **** video saying they want to make 4 stars easier to get.. they go and mess with the progress.. well pvp is spoon fed the same points every single time. i would have to do 5 clears at full reset wich is IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO DO TO LACK OF ESSENTIAL and the extreamly hard node at the end of the board. I did this event last time.. i had no problems getting progression plus.. now im not even going to come close to progression this time.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Lordsynder wrote:
    Its just.. weird is all.. I havent failed to ever get daily progress.. if the event is 70k.. i should beable to get 10k in a day.. i did it last hulk event for sure.. missing one essential and unable to kill the 395 hulk.. yet this time.. im just over 5k.. and nodes are getting smaller and the day is getting close to the end so.. i dont know.. I still think they lower point vaule by alot.. because i do progress always.. and close to double it most event.
    5k? On sub one? You're doing something very wrong then. I finished sub 1 with 15k

ya well you would have been top two in my sice then superstar.... whats your roster like ? A bunch of 266 and 166s ? I have a roster of 94s.. i finished the fist day with almost 8.6k i just did a clear as much as i could.. everything but thor goddess node and the last and i made less then 2 k.. its **** they messed the points up bad.. so now you need every single essential and every single node have a tricked out roster and or waste money on heal pack and throw yourself at the noes till you win.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    [quote="slidecage"
    1st sub clear was worth 2460.
    2nd sub clear was worth 2805.

so about what a 15% jump
    even push that to a 20%

pts seem very very low

don't see what the problem is, it's a 14% increase per day so let's use that and round down

One total clear for the entire event is = 26394

let's go with a conservative 3 clears and no grind. 26394 x3 =79182
    Or to make it more precise, on the last day midway through your 2nd clear.

Even at a really low 10% increase per sub you would hit 70k if you follow three clears per sub. Factor in grinding and greater than 15% increases and there should be no problem. If you don't have a particular essential or are getting tanked in the hard nodes adjust your strategy. A grind is the equivalent of 5 clears (conservative) so that should net you about 26k just playing the last sub alone.

They don't want everyone to do this but it should be more than manageable, if you can't manage this then get your roster / time to a position where you can next time.

How do you do this without spending money on heal packs ? I never have bough heal pack ever and never failed to make progress.. I cant do 8 hour grinds as if i do that i would have heal packs to start on the next day at the 2 am time slice ? if i follow your do every 8 hours ill make LESS THEN 6k on this day.. wich will put me at about 16k for 2 days and thats 4 k off progress.. So how can they not have messed with the points. I am doing nothing dif in this event that i have done in any other event including the last time this event came up. in the last event i did almost TRIPPLE THE PROGRESSION
    this event i cant even get daily progress..
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    I will state once again for you elitiest jackwagons who say it shouldnt be a problem. I did this event last time. I was missing one essential and was unable to do 1 node ( The last ) ONE EVERY BOARD last hulk event . I made progression plus. THis time same event same missing one essential and one node. and im not even making the daily progress. Currently on the day 2 sub if i follow the clear every 8 hours and without grinding down other nodes ill get UNDER 8k and be left with very little to no heal packs to go into day 3 ? Explain how i can do better without buying heal packs ? after today im looking at being 4k behind the daily progress. with little to no hope of catching up. I would just like d3 to admit that they have changed the points .
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    I will state once again for you elitiest jackwagons who say it shouldnt be a problem. I did this event last time. I was missing one essential and was unable to do 1 node ( The last ) ONE EVERY BOARD last hulk event . I made progression plus. THis time same event same missing one essential and one node. and im not even making the daily progress. Currently on the day 2 sub if i follow the clear every 8 hours and without grinding down other nodes ill get UNDER 8k and be left with very little to no heal packs to go into day 3 ? Explain how i can do better without buying heal packs ? after today im looking at being 4k behind the daily progress. with little to no hope of catching up. I would just like d3 to admit that they have changed the points .
    You can complete all nodes with just a level 94 roster, excepting missing essentials.

I feel like you may be misunderstanding optimal grinding. You want to do the first clear upon sub opening, a second clear 8 hours later, and a third clear 8 hours after that. 2-3 hours before each sub ends you should attempt to clear the nodes down to 1 point. You regenerate a health pack every 36 minutes, so you get 10 every 6 hours. When I had a 94 roster, I almost never ran out of health packs to do a clear, and that was with community scaling and also limited to storing 5 health packs. The main difficulty with health packs I find is the end of the sub grind as you said, where you need to save enough health packs to clear the next sub upon opening. Just do the best you can on that front.

As explained above, points will increase significantly over the course of the end, as it is a long one. It's both important that you do the first 3 clears per sub fresh for maximum points, but also that you do not let nodes sit at maximum points for any significant period of time. If you make sure to do 3 fresh clears per sub and spend at least an hour grinding at the end of each sub, I expect you will have no problem reaching the final progression reward.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    Sorry but i nottice anyime the players with a year plus post its to be elitest and to say other wise. Your post is helpfull.. My roster is way better then last hulk event. I am not doing anything differant from any other event i have ever done and im sturggling badly. Even with the last hulk event i was making daily progress with these same problems. I get very unlucky on the last nodes of this event. The hulk 395 i died to it 3 times and just gave up on trying anymore as i wasnt getting blue connects for my stuns or purples at all to build mags ability to put blue for storm. Last event i was missing hulkbuster essential.. i have him now but its Thor goddess i dont have thats the essential.. and the same nodes are giving me the same problems as last event and im struggling to get the 10k per day. We will see how all ends up but its looking like i wont get progress for the first event ever.. As for how long ive payed i have been playing for 86 days i have a fairly decent roster. 63 or so character with at least 10 characters at level 94 and some abit lower. My roster was way worse last hulk event. Yet i made progress by day 5.5 the way the points are going right now for me im not going to make progress by day 8.. this event doesnt have a day eight.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    meekersX wrote:
    Lordsynder wrote:
    You can complete all nodes with just a level 94 roster, excepting missing essentials.

I feel like you may be misunderstanding optimal grinding. You want to do the first clear upon sub opening, a second clear 8 hours later, and a third clear 8 hours after that. 2-3 hours before each sub ends you should attempt to clear the nodes down to 1 point. You regenerate a health pack every 36 minutes, so you get 10 every 6 hours. When I had a 94 roster, I almost never ran out of health packs to do a clear, and that was with community scaling and also limited to storing 5 health packs. The main difficulty with health packs I find is the end of the sub grind as you said, where you need to save enough health packs to clear the next sub upon opening. Just do the best you can on that front.

As explained above, points will increase significantly over the course of the end, as it is a long one. It's both important that you do the first 3 clears per sub fresh for maximum points, but also that you do not let nodes sit at maximum points for any significant period of time. If you make sure to do 3 fresh clears per sub and spend at least an hour grinding at the end of each sub, I expect you will have no problem reaching the final progression reward.

Ok thanks for the understanding post. Im trying to do that but sometimes i take huge damage and get unlcuky and im chewing through health packs. This event is just feeling way differant then any other event i have done. And i have dont this event before with a weaker roster and didnt have the problems im having now getting points. It just feels like im getting less points for the same work. In the last event ( The last event not the last hulk event ) I did almost triple production and now im struggling.. i get that im missing an essential and not being able to kill a node hurts me.. but its happened before and the point struggle has never been this bad
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    My event started at 2 am est so ill do my next clear at 10 and then again at 6pm and then grind down slowly after that making sure to keep health packs and ill let you know how it does tomorrow at 2am and let you know how many points ive gotten but if i go by the 1900 points i got for clearing everything i could today then its looking like another day at just under 9k points if im lucky.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:

don't see what the problem is, it's a 14% increase per day so let's use that and round down

They don't want everyone to do this but it should be more than manageable, if you can't manage this then get your roster / time to a position where you can next time.

How do you do this without spending money on heal packs ? I never have bough heal pack ever and never failed to make progress.. I cant do 8 hour grinds as if i do that i would have heal packs to start on the next day at the 2 am time slice ? if i follow your do every 8 hours ill make LESS THEN 6k on this day.. wich will put me at about 16k for 2 days and thats 4 k off progress.. So how can they not have messed with the points.

I can understand your frustration but if you're having problems it's either bad luck / roster problems. As above you are missing one of the essential and the hard nodes seem to be a tad difficult (I've never played Hulk PvE this early).

If you do three clears (or as close as you can) at node flip, 8hrs, 16hrs. This gives you 6 hrs to refresh and then be creative to make up the difference in points for whatever you missed, which probably means running two essentials and the 3 easy nodes to the ground. The easy node you should be using other people, which leaves the two essentials to grind, if you are using 3 health packs each fight you need to change your strategy/team or have real bad luck. Yes it happens, almost wiped on one earlier.

Don't stress, use the numbers and see what you need to do, the only time it was a little difficult for some was back when KK was the progression for the first time at 67k odd. Even then the guys in the top 10 still did 2x of that and i think that was in the days of 5 health packs.

I don't doubt they have reduced the points, i thought 70k was a tad easy and i honestly expected 3 or 4 x progression for low pts events.

FYI i'm on day 230 something, my roster is lvl94, i never ever buy health packs.... i can also make almost any of the old progression numbers playing for 1.5 days at the end of the event and usually never grind the hard nodes icon_twisted.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,019 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    [quote="slidecage"
    1st sub clear was worth 2460.
    2nd sub clear was worth 2805.

so about what a 15% jump
    even push that to a 20%

pts seem very very low

One total clear for the entire event is = 26394

let's go with a conservative 3 clears and no grind. 26394 x3 =79182
    Or to make it more precise, on the last day midway through your 2nd clear.

Even at a really low 10% increase per sub you would hit 70k if you follow three clears per sub. Factor in grinding and greater than 15% increases and there should be no problem. If you don't have a particular essential or are getting tanked in the hard nodes adjust your strategy. A grind is the equivalent of 5 clears (conservative) so that should net you about 26k just playing the last sub alone.

guess you could do 3

Say you start at midnight
    midnight
    8am
    4pm

its just the pts start so low it looks like your never going to make it..

AIM at 10k per day and you should be okay (even though you should be hitting 20K + in the last 3 days

those who say they got 15k first day. That is with MAJOR GRINDING to 1s. i grined a lot and got 11.5 and i though that was tons of grinding.

remember just aim for 10k per day and rememeber this is one of the harder PVE
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TBH, I'm getting a tad concerned too, as it's day 2 of the event & I have barely 2,000pts, so I have <5 days to accumulate 5,000+pts...
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    TBH, I'm getting a tad concerned too, as it's day 2 of the event & I have barely 2,000pts, so I have <5 days to accumulate 5,000+pts...
    This makes no sense to me. Did you not even do one full clear on the first day? Or is it creative comma use?
  • Marty17
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    This makes no sense to me. Did you not even do one full clear on the first day? Or is it creative comma use?

Nah, I think I misjudged it, cuz I selected the end time, when I finished work (2am) I completed the nodes once & hit the hay. Woke up the next day ranked 200+ on the sub node.
  • Marty17
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:

Nah, I think I misjudged it, cuz I selected the end time, when I finished work (2am) I completed the nodes once & hit the hay. Woke up the next day ranked 200+ on the sub node.

Also I meant 20,000pts not 2,000pts icon_redface.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is anybody else concerned that almost no one will reach 70k for the FPR (Final Progression Reward) token_legendary.png

I think they overestimated this one and nerfed points on top of that. Some of these essentials should be handing out close to 1k. Reminds me of Ultron where only 1 or 2 alliances got to Rd 8. A token_legendary.png to everyone who participated might be in order
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    Is anybody else concerned that almost no one will reach 70k for the FPR (Final Progression Reward) token_legendary.png

I think they overestimated this one and nerfed points on top of that. Some of these essentials should be handing out close to 1k. Reminds me of Ultron where only 1 or 2 alliances got to Rd 8. A token_legendary.png to everyone who participated might be in order
    I'm not that concerned. After the first clear of Amazon, I have passed 30,000 points. Next clear should put me close to 35000 points halfway through the event. With the point inflation in later subs, I should be able to hit 70K on the last day. Three clears a day and some extra grinding seems to do the trick.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    Three clears a day and some extra grinding seems to do the trick.
    I hope you're right and points start inflating with the quickness because this is the most amount of clears I can commit to
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,019 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mjh wrote:

i say at least 50% of the people playing will make it or more.. This is the downside to this though and those who will never see the tokens for a long time...

2-3 star people who cant make the 1300 pt PVP and who dont have all 3 required people nodes for the PVE... if you have all 3 needed people you will make the reward

hell im doing 2 clears at the start and then just the grind at the end and will make it.

figure it this way you need 10k per day to make it to really push it i say

8k day 1 2 3 you should be safe
    10 k Day 4
    12 K day 5 6 7 what is doable since pts are higher

you will make it

im at 33k now and not even doing the final grind on day 3
  • thanos8587
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mjh wrote:
    Three clears a day and some extra grinding seems to do the trick.
    I hope you're right and points start inflating with the quickness because this is the most amount of clears I can commit to

seems about right. im finishing third sub with 32k and im running 100-150 in my bracket for each sub so nothing super grindy.

figure ill hit 70k on day 6 and maybe i can take off last sub to get ready to farm for iceman.

i think they set the top progression at a very achievable mark and with the added progression awards you dont feel like youre grinding double progression or so for nothing but alliance points.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    They didnt change the amount needed they change the points given out for sure.. i have always made progress plus .. last event even i made 3x progress... this one im barely going to make it if i make it at all.. i just want D3 to man up and say they changed the point values