PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• Malcrof wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Cskellz wrote:
    Last node on Nevada is a 395 Hulk....

(Thought I was gonna have trouble, but luckily had him perma-stunned and just wore him down.)
    Yeah, it's always a high-level Hulk there. High level can actually work in your favor though as he's slow to Anger.

If can nick away at him without angering him.. works great.

I only managed to trigger his Anger with Dooms Diabolical Plot. Then again, that hurt him for about 15k health icon_e_biggrin.gif

Dunno though, seems like im in a bracket were loads of guys do optimal clears, only for the legendary token. Top 10 in my bracket are between 5 and 8k already
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ah anger or not just windstorm the prick to death icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against Level 395 Hulk, I used Steve Rogers, GSBW and Ares. Rogers for stunning, GSBW to create Green to fuel Ares. 30 Green AP with Ares is over 10K damage. While not the best strategy, all my other characters were too hurt.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    I'm annoyed that the Hulk rewards have black as top 10, since I only need that one cover to respec mine. At least it means that it should be in the progression of the next PvE I guess, though I'm hoping for a bit of a break before Iceman PvE. I'm not sure how much I want to be grinding through against Hood/Juggs/Mystique etc...

iceman should be the next PVE so wont get a break

Still uncertain. Preview thread does not indicate Iceman rewards for Meet Rocket & Groot. Mr. Fantastic rewards was indicated for The Hunt in the preview thread.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    no matter your top levels final stage hulk at 395 now tell me D3 how is that even fair

someone could have max 94s and be forced to fight hulk 395 someone with max 166 get the same line up
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    no matter your top levels final stage hulk at 395 now tell me D3 how is that even fair

someone could have max 94s and be forced to fight hulk 395 someone with max 166 get the same line up

Because it is 3 against 1. If you were to have 3 enemies, split that 395 by 3. 395 Hulk can easily be beaten by 2* Storm and 2* Magneto.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So is the first sub 24 hours?
  • slidecage
    Options
    So is the first sub 24 hours?

pretty sure all subs are 24
  • slidecage
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Because it is 3 against 1. If you were to have 3 enemies, split that 395 by 3. 395 Hulk can easily be beaten by 2* Storm and 2* Magneto.

um yea right a 395 will be taken down if you have level 50 storm and mag. saying you could have even level 50 and your final match is against 395

im going in with ares . cage and punisher... get enough green and yellow hit them all at once get hulk down to around 9500 or so and then Red punisher for the win
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

um yea right a 395 will be taken down if you have level 50 storm and mag. saying you could have even level 50 and your final match is against 395

im going in with ares . cage and punisher... get enough green and yellow hit them all at once get hulk down to around 9500 or so and then Red punisher for the win
    Your plan is destined to fail. You need a stun, all that team is going to do is feed him green
  • slidecage
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Your plan is destined to fail. You need a stun, all that team is going to do is feed him green

beat him 5 times so far doing this.. How would it feed him if im holding off using the items until i know they are good enough... Ares green hits around 400 per green. 10 yellow hits like 4500 or so i think.. I think cage 12 black hit around 3000 or so

got to get him down to under 10400 then punisher one shot kills him.

so around 15 green. 10 yellow and 12 blacks will win the match. just dont use any attacks until you have that built.

about storm stun. Some reason my boards never have enough blue to get storm power to work. could put storm in place of cage but cage blocking so much damage (think 250) the only real damage hulk can do is his red move (i think his green can only hit for few hundred) red though can one hit kill.

im not saying i cant beat him what im saying it sort of unfair to make someone with level 50s or even lower Fight the same level as someone as level 166 or higher max out people.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tank / Venom / Spidey
    At 4 Purple and 5 Blue you can spam and stun quickly and there should be enough webtiles out. Get some black and it's game over
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    xequalsy wrote:
    I'm annoyed that the Hulk rewards have black as top 10, since I only need that one cover to respec mine. At least it means that it should be in the progression of the next PvE I guess, though I'm hoping for a bit of a break before Iceman PvE. I'm not sure how much I want to be grinding through against Hood/Juggs/Mystique etc...

iceman should be the next PVE so wont get a break

Still uncertain. Preview thread does not indicate Iceman rewards for Meet Rocket & Groot. Mr. Fantastic rewards was indicated for The Hunt in the preview thread.

He's going to be appearing quite soon, I think. We've even got an icon for him: icon_iceman.png
  • Worthwhile progression awards that don't involve fights that make me rip my hair out? Hey, I'll actually post something positive here for once!
  • Cskellz
    Cskellz Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've beaten him 5 times already also, using the same perma-stun strategy, with Daredevil.

People in my bracket are definitely going for the legendary token. I'm in 4th place with over 9K. Top guy already has over 10K.

Also, got my 3rd Hulk black from Deadpool Daily today, so would love to place in the top 10 and get a 4th, but I won't be too mad if I don't, since I'm mainly going for the legendary token also, which does help my chances of a possible top 10 finish, as long as I keep grinding away.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PVE with Blade and Fist buffed? Sweet! The nodes practically clear themselves icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'm using Iron Fist, Gamora and 4* Thor as my default team. Works well and has full rainbow coverage. It's kind of fun that Iron Fist's attack tile isn't enough to trigger lvl 395 Hulk's Anger, I get a mental image of Iron Fist kung fu-ing all over Hulk who doesn't even notice he's there...
    I think I joined too soon though, there are more grinders than I'm used to in my bracket. Oh well, that may mean I can just take it easy instead. If I can't hit top 50 I may just go for top 300.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If people were only going for the token, I hope they realize that grinding out the first few subs isn't the way to go on a 7 day event. Save yourself some time and wait for higher point nodes.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    im missing two of the essentials (i have storm, duh!)
    is it still possible to get the legendary token?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:
    Has anyone considered that the availability of the Legendary token progression award, may make it hard to get placement awards as more people approach something close to an optimal strategy?

A large chunk, even if they're playing optimally for now, are going to hit 70k and stop on a dime.

But the veterans not playing for placement [should] know that you don't have to be anywhere near optimal to hit 70k, if you start on day 1 at least. The only reason to play optimal would be to get some of the sub placement rewards as you go.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    did they make everything cheeper points wise.. beacuse i cleared everything but thor essential and the last node and i only made 1720 points...
    this is going to be a loooong grind.