PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    sort of fun it funny people grinding for that last token YET these are the same people who refuse to grind in any of the 4 star events to get 1 token : )

But those events didn't have a guaranteed token for grinding a certain amount, you had to pursue in a chase for top 100.

I highly suspect, especially for this event, being hulk is the reward, that a lot of people will hit their 70k and stop.

For placement rewards, there's no guarantee, so the grinding can wind up feeling pointless if you can't keep pace and place outside your goal. These tokens are guaranteed regardless of what else anyone else scores.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    sort of fun it funny people grinding for that last token YET these are the same people who refuse to grind in any of the 4 star events to get 1 token : )

Were there previously 4* events with a 4*/5* legendary token as a progression reward?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

But those events didn't have a guaranteed token for grinding a certain amount, you had to pursue in a chase for top 100.

I highly suspect, especially for this event, being hulk is the reward, that a lot of people will hit their 70k and stop.

For placement rewards, there's no guarantee, so the grinding can wind up feeling pointless if you can't keep pace and place outside your goal. These tokens are guaranteed regardless of what else anyone else scores.

if you put up 2x progression pretty sure that would get you top 100
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

You're totally missing the point. Why would anyone go for 2x the old progression now? Answer - Legendary token, which is a certainty now. Why would they go for 2x the old progression before the legendary token? No guarantee of rewards. Before, you had to continue to play, to keep up with the competition, meaning the score required is a variable. Now, if you just want a Legendary token, you only have to hit a certain number. People can hit the number, and stop playing. That's not the case if they're going for top 100.
  • slidecage
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

You're totally missing the point. Why would anyone go for 2x the old progression now? Answer - Legendary token, which is a certainty now. Why would they go for 2x the old progression before the legendary token? No guarantee of rewards. Before, you had to continue to play, to keep up with the competition, meaning the score required is a variable. Now, if you just want a Legendary token, you only have to hit a certain number. People can hit the number, and stop playing. That's not the case if they're going for top 100.

i see people already with 70k now lets see if they quit or keep going icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage wrote:

Depending on your bracket, for 4 star releases, it would not. For Mr F, and Deadpool X PVE releases, 2X progression barely kept me 100-150 to get the 3 star reward.

Edit: I suspect the 70k crowd will "keep going" strictly based on if they need the hulk covers or not. People already at 70 K were likely just grinding to max progression and not trying for placement anyway, IMHO.
  • Once I hit 70k I am out. Doubtful I will go for iceman, but grinding out Hulk and then iceman isn't good for my sanity. I am hoping to end right at 70k. I will time my last hit accordingly.
  • Cskellz
    Cskellz Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just hit 50K. Only focused on the legendary token right now.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

Sub 1 - 7380
    Sub 2 - 15792
    Sub 3 - 25383
    Sub 4 - 36315
    Sub 5 - 48777
    Sub 6 - 62985
    Sub 7 - 79182

Curious, is this with all 3 essentials? Im missing 4 thor but I am pretty close to these totals already.

With essentials, the overall total looks big especially on the first two days but by the end, with the points ramp up it will be fine. If anything people should save their grinding for the last few days
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed 13K before I lost all interest. Fair play to everyone who sticks with it and makes the 70, but I just couldn't stomach this event again. I hate fighting the Dark Avengers with every fibre of my being. So so so so tedious.
  • slidecage
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I suspect the 70k crowd will "keep going" strictly based on if they need the hulk covers or not. People already at 70 K were likely just grinding to max progression and not trying for placement anyway, IMHO.

To update my ongoing ramble .... End of 4th sub, I am at 57K, leader is at 68K. I didn't miss any clear, did a near complete grind but left pts on the table, kept pace with the leader but didn't gain.

It should take 3 clears of the next sub to hit 70. If I hadn't missed two clears earlier, or been able to grind sub 1 and 3 more thoroughly, I might already be there.

After I claim the Leg token, I'll keep playing, but not as hard. Top 2 is out of reach, but there's still iso8.png and imcoin.png to be had!

i would keep going but 50 Hp isnt much when your banking 17k also got to rest for iceman
  • Cskellz
    Cskellz Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't have 4thor either. I'm at a little over 53K right now, less than 17K to go.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sub 5, slight drop in the pts for a full clear
    3862, discounting the two 1 time nodes in the initial area. The previous 4 subs were more or less on track, although sub 4 had two one time nodes (did anyone get note the pts for a clear - one time nodes as i forgot)

It's not that big of a drop before people panic and still on track with 3 clears.
    On 50k personally in s5. Mainly playing for HP and tokens now.

Interesting no-one is really talking about the nodes themselves
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting no-one is really talking about the nodes themselves
    It's mostly same old, same old. Hulk has been running for almost two years, so we know what the nodes do...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed 13K before I lost all interest. Fair play to everyone who sticks with it and makes the 70, but I just couldn't stomach this event again. I hate fighting the Dark Avengers with every fibre of my being. So so so so tedious.
    Yeah I just wiped against Juggs, Daken, Venom in the Blade essential. It's just ... aggravating, infuriating, tedious, whatever, to watch cheap spammable skills used against you over & over & over again, while the board won't give you a damn thing. I managed to fire just two skills, while the AI got at least three crashes, a headbutt, two chemical reactions, and a pair of devours. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Clearing all nodes with 153 luke cage + 200 iron fist + 166 MAgneto. Have only two essentials (blade + storm). So far 61k and 2 days to go.
    My tactic (or whatever): Play at the start of the sub and soak the hardest node to 0 (or until health packs are depleted), all other nodes complete two time. Repeat after 16 hours. Easy.
    For me the timing is 00:00 before going to bad -> 8:00 before going to work -> 21:00 farming time(2-3 times or untill health packs are depleted). Take somewhat 2-3 hours per day.

With 3 essentails it would be much easier.
  • MiTYH
    MiTYH Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah I just wiped against Juggs, Daken, Venom in the Blade essential. It's just ... aggravating, infuriating, tedious, whatever, to watch cheap spammable skills used against you over & over & over again, while the board won't give you a damn thing. I managed to fire just two skills, while the AI got at least three crashes, a headbutt, two chemical reactions, and a pair of devours. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh good, it's not just me that these are happening to... I'm just happy there's little/no Bullseye. Those protect tiles... yuck

That being said, I'm somehow at Rank #1 (first time ever/first time really trying) sitting at 61k. 2nd place has 58k, and 10th is 40k. But I need Thing so so I'll be playing long after I get the 70k token. Hoping to come close to it tonight but I don't think I'll get the token till tomorrow. My general team for any Juggs is to use Doom/Storm (Doom tanks the Blues to stun, gets pinks going), and a filler like Hulk to take the hits until I can get Juggs down as soon as possible. It's been going *okay*
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:

Hear hear.. I think, I probably lost my overall position partly due to having to retreat from this node a couple of times..
    at least on the blade essential my guys are at 200+. I hate the storm essential where she's 150 and her best teammates are 94mags and my 136hood. that one has jugs and rags with a green feeder. one godlike power and everyone is hanging on by a thread. I hate brute forcing nodes, but that one is getting close to getting my brute force. oh and same team nearly double leveled on the top node - hate that.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    OJSP wrote:

Hear hear.. I think, I probably lost my overall position partly due to having to retreat from this node a couple of times..
    at least on the blade essential my guys are at 200+. I hate the storm essential where she's 150 and her best teammates are 94mags and my 136hood. that one has jugs and rags with a green feeder. one godlike power and everyone is hanging on by a thread. I hate brute forcing nodes, but that one is getting close to getting my brute force. oh and same team nearly double leveled on the top node - hate that.

The one with Jugs , Rags, and the green feeder makes me laugh. Storm's yellow when Godlike goes off.. they hit me, almost killing everyone.. storm had 65 health left, her yellow then decides to kill the entire enemy team in 3 big swirls of death.
  • I had hopes that I would be in a slice with people that would give up at 70k, but considering I recognize names as people busy building duplicate 4*, I know I can just be happy where I am at and not bother grinding to a pulp because they've already opened a gap I can't compete with to gain on them. Guess I should be happy to have a bagman and yelena.