PVE: The Hulk (September 10-18)

Options

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    They didnt change the amount needed they change the points given out for sure.. i have always made progress plus .. last event even i made 3x progress... this one im barely going to make it if i make it at all.. i just want D3 to man up and say they changed the point values
    SHOW us your event data from the last run of The Hulk. I passed normal progression (3* cover @38000) this morning on my second clear of sub 3, now sitting at 44k
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    I didnt keep the data as i didnt know it would be a issue.
  • Lordsynder
    Options
    And im currently at 25 555 and ive done 2 clears ( minus lady thor ) on this last sub I should hit 30k by the end of the sub event but its a struggle.. unlike EVERY other event i have ever done.
  • Lordsynder wrote:
    I didnt keep the data as i didnt know it would be a issue.

It's not an issue, because there's been no change. Im at the same point levels that I was at for the previous hulk run, and hitting the same thresholds.

Edit: Let me clarify. I suspect because old max progression was at 37000, you're suffering an observational bias because at the same point you were near max progression previously, you're now only near "half". Even though they're actually almost the same exact point total. (The 3 star cover this time is at 38k)

With increasing point rewards on later subs, you should still be able to his 70k, as I did that in the previous Jean Grey run without the 4 star essential.

Unless they've altered point values on the last 4 days nodes, which is a possibility, of course, but I havent heard anything yet from people in earlier slices.

Keep in mind that in previous hulk runs, top scorers have had 167000!!! points, so 70 is probably obtainable simply by hitting 3 clears a day, or maybe a little extra for those without the 4 star.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lordsynder wrote:
    They didnt change the amount needed they change the points given out for sure.. i have always made progress plus .. last event even i made 3x progress... this one im barely going to make it if i make it at all.. i just want D3 to man up and say they changed the point values

according to my group last time this played i hit 108K so i dont think they jacked up the numbers..

Stage 4 is very easy 4th node is a pain with juggie but 5th nod is all goons and 6 is 2 goons with dakken...

you might be having a harder time cause the different people who are pumped

if you have 3 star black widow just go into battle with a boosted 2 green 2 pinks and she clears everything very quickly.. get 11 pinks turn the board green and then her green move..

black widow makes this very much easier

just did 2 full runs in sunday and up to 45k just hittin 11k per day i think i easy hit 15k

Top my bracket
    stage 1-2 top was 15 k (mine was around 11k) top 50 both times
    stage 3 was around 20k mine was 11 k did not even take top 100
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am a teensy bit concerned. Joined a little 18ish hours ago and 2 full clears gave me almost 7k and there are about 4 hours left of West Sahara.

Don't care about Hulk covers (wish it was someone I needed more) but do care about getting to 70k.

I have time for 2 full clears per episode but maybe / maybe not a 3rd and only can grind minimally at the end.

Really hope the points ramp up a bit as we go on. Might have to try for almost 3 clears, even if the hours are slightly off.

Either way, UCH. The time needed for this is really the equivalent of a part time job.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I am a teensy bit concerned. Joined a little 18ish hours ago and 2 full clears gave me almost 7k and there are about 4 hours left of West Sahara.

I have time for 2 full clears per episode but maybe / maybe not a 3rd and only can grind minimally at the end.

Really hope the points ramp up a bit as we go on. Might have to try for almost 3 clears, even if the hours are slightly off.

3 clears with the hours off, or even just grinding the essentials/whatever down when you are finishing with the sub will be fine even if it's miles off the end time.
    At 2 clears i don't think you'll make it, depends what you mean by minimal grind.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    It just feels tedious at this point. 7 day event with 10k needed per day. I'm on track to make it, but it's been 2 full clears + grinds at the end of subs every day. It feels like I've barely been able to put down the phone all weekend to stay on track for this.

Between PVP, this, gauntlet, and DP daily it's just impossible to have the time and health packs to do all of them. I had to give up on gauntlet to keep up with the Hulk PVE. I'm into this now, but if future PVE legendary's take this much time, i'll just go with the PVP ones from now on, thanks.

Edit:

Here's an idea. Maybe 7 day events should give 2 legendaries. When they do a 3 or 4 day event it will probably give a legendary at the end too, right? That kind of makes 7 day events terrible in comparison.
  • yogi_
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:

3 clears with the hours off, or even just grinding the essentials/whatever down when you are finishing with the sub will be fine even if it's miles off the end time.
    At 2 clears i don't think you'll make it, depends what you mean by minimal grind.

Thanks SnagglePuss and OJSP (in the post reputation comment).

Yeah... at this point it's basically... 16k or so needed, for 4 x 24 hour periods. If 2 full passes only gives me 7k, 3 is only 10k-ish - just not enough and grinding would only make the agony of not reaching 70k on the last day worse. Even 4 theoretical full pass throughs might not be enough.

Unless points massively kick up in the next sub-event (or maybe 2), I am going to save myself a lot of torment just by realising I can't get to 70k; super frustrating.

I think it's still going to be the best part of 3 passes to even get to the 56K 2* (I mean event token).

Is one not supposed to be able to reach 70k unless one joins within a day or so of opening? Nice design decision there.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Is one not supposed to be able to reach 70k unless one joins within a day or so of opening? Nice design decision there.
    That seems expected to me.
  • yogi_
    edited September 2015
    Options
    As it is, you can hit 70K by the end of the 4th sub. If you don't make it, you'll have three more days to get there.

Under most circumstances I agree with your post but 3 (almost completed the 3rd) clears of 1 sub and another clear of a 2nd sub have me on about 11k, so I'm unsure how I can reach 70K after 4 further lots of around 9-10k (and that playing close to optimally excluding much end of sub grinding).

I've been around long enough, I know the deal. I should be able to enter an event in the latter part of 2nd of 7 days and still have a pretty reasonable chance of getting to the end of progressions.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Thanks for all of your comments, OJSP.

Sadly, I don't think I have enough time for another full time commitment right now, so will just play with the time I have available - I'll get to wherever I get to - it's all good.

I enjoy the game and like the community here, just would be nice to not have to give so much focus and dedication to it sometimes.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I so do not miss PvE but, if placement isn't the issue and there is no grind it's ... a little better. It has become a bit of a full time job to play this game, but then again you are not forced to get all rewards (well you are if you want to survive but i digress).

I think for those who can grind heavily, instead of playing 1.5 days at the end to get placement and progression, you could probably hit a 7 day event 3/4 days from the end for the new reward structure. But this involves heavy grinding so taking it easier seems to be better approach.
    For shorter events, you can probably miss 1 day but it depends on the points targets and how demi tweak things with their numbers.

Question really arises when a new character is released where you have to grind no matter where you join. Do you go from the start. Do you forgo the legendary token and just jump in at the end? Do you do both and join at one of the midway brackets that usuall open up?

For those looking at number (who played from the start) I've got this, it's not entirely accurate due to non repeatable nodes and extra nodes from the start but at 14% a sub as a guide.

Sub 1 - 7380
    Sub 2 - 15792
    Sub 3 - 25383
    Sub 4 - 36315
    Sub 5 - 48777
    Sub 6 - 62985
    Sub 7 - 79182

This is using a 3 full clear strategy, so if you are around these numbers then you are on target. Adjust accordingly.
    I have a lazy slice s5 bracket. Doing 3ish really bad clears and minimally hitting the essentials/easy nodes to keep a daily T50. After the 1st clear of Sub 4 on 36.7k, somewhere around T20-30.

T10 might be possible but not worth the time.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Whew finally reached 70k! Earlier than I expected, grinding sub 4 gave me a lot of points, so I imagine subs 5-7 will be definitely worth a lot more. Still, sub 4 was easy to grind, sub 5 is full of nodes with juggernaut, that won't be fun icon_e_sad.gif

Time to take a break from mpq, the iceman event is going to be a slog.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:
    Whew finally reached 70k! Earlier than I expected, grinding sub 4 gave me a lot of points, so I imagine subs 5-7 will be definitely worth a lot more. Still, sub 4 was easy to grind, sub 5 is full of nodes with juggernaut, that won't be fun icon_e_sad.gif

Soooo what did you pull from your Legendary Tokens or are you hording them?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    being very lazy in this event, and hit my 43k progression already, 70k is simple by barely trying.

But, this is going to make merc'ing for some extra HP very hard with the entire world going for that token.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:

Hoarding them till IceMan is available in the legendary token, also I'd like to see what the next 5* is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ram51 wrote:
    Ram51 wrote:

Hoarding them till IceMan is available in the legendary token, also I'd like to see what the next 5* is.
    I admire your patience. I can maybe sit on tokens for a week when the season changes are coming up, but a whole month until the next season starts is just too much for my limited patience.

• Sub 1 - 7380
    Sub 2 - 15792
    Sub 3 - 25383
    Sub 4 - 36315
    Sub 5 - 48777
    Sub 6 - 62985
    Sub 7 - 79182

Curious, is this with all 3 essentials? Im missing 4 thor but I am pretty close to these totals already.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sort of fun it funny people grinding for that last token YET these are the same people who refuse to grind in any of the 4 star events to get 1 token : )