The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Currently getting flattened by the Cyclops/SW/She Hulk node.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Currently getting flattened by the Cyclops/SW/She Hulk node.
    I think I used Cage, Iron Fist and Vision for that one. Boosted attack tile damage chews through them quickly.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:
    Need tips for node 32. Thanks.
    You might want to mention who is on the node. It makes it easier to help.
    (Yes, I realize I can check it in the game itself, but it's better for everyone if the person asking the question also provides that info. Saves time in the long run).

Yeah, that would definitely help people help me.

Need tips for node 32, Jean Grey/Sentry Gunner/Professor X
  • Mark 11995 wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    Any tips for sim 38? Thing/KK/Cyclops look kinda scary, all lvl200

Need some help here, being decimated by cyclops icon_e_confused.gif

I used Steve Rodgers/Luke Cage/Hood.
    Stunned Thing so I could knock down Kamala, repeating with Cyclops,
    by then Thing was in stun lock so wiping away all those hp was trivial.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rojas66 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:
    (Yes, I realize I can check it in the game itself, but it's better for everyone if the person asking the question also provides that info. Saves time in the long run).

Oh, that one. I think I used Elektra, Doc Ock and Ant-Man for that, but that may not be helpful. In general though, someone who triggers off special tiles is very useful here. I think I went after Jean first - I'd rather have Prof go Invisible than have Jean hit the whole team for lots of damage.
  • gooberman wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    Any tips for node 30? Shulk, sw, cyclops. Shulk just keeps destroying my ap. Trying not to give up and use superwhales

I'm stuck on that one too. I seriously came closest by using GSBW/Daredevil/HT. All three are lvl 117, opponents are lvl 160. Only Shulk was left standing with about 3k health. Use DD for stun and his Ambush, GSBW for purple and green. Thinking of switching HT with Cage (lvl 104), his yellow and black fill a gap, and Unbreakable will do wonders (though Shulk will probably steal it....)

This one is my first real headache, I'm not sure if I'm going to get that Switch cover I need icon_cry.gif

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/goober-man/
    When you out of options for ridiculously oversized nodes try the old good Stormneto. Boost blue/purple, bring some good TUs. Third character I'd advise you to take MsMarvel - that would give you rainbow. But if you have your own preferred third for this duo it's up to you.
    Target SW first - her countdown is most dangerous. Then cyclops - he will one shot any of your characters with red or black.

It might not happen on the first try but at some point you'll get your stun train going. It also helps if have mBW blue stun TU or two.
    Don't give up with your 94 roster your scaling should be manageable for Stormneto.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    Mark 11995 wrote:

I used Loki/Grocket/CMags on this node, my team was level 130/120/166, and did it relatively easy. Just leave the CPU match 4s to get AP, use a CMags nuke on one of the squishy characters, then trickery Thing's protect tiles. At that point, CMags red and Loki's purple cause cascades that quickly eliminate all your foes.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Simulation 26? I can't manage it. Perhaps I should go and look for some whales, someone mentioned that. If I can do it, what comes in 27? ^^

I'll try...
  • Mark 11995 wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:

Need some help here, being decimated by cyclops icon_e_confused.gif
    Mine were at lvl 228. I used stormneto/hood. Kept stunning Thing while taking down Kamala, then Cyke. I believe I boosted blue/purple and used mBW 5-turn stun TU.
  • Simulation 26? I can't manage it. Perhaps I should go and look for some whales, someone mentioned that. If I can do it, what comes in 27? ^^

I'll try...
    it's hard to give a good advice without knowing your roster. I think I used my go-to team for this event that is boosted 2* daken/wolvie and Loki. If you have maxed Ldaken and Patch that might work even better
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rojas66 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:

That is such a wickedly designed node. Gunner and jg and x all make special tiles. And if they get more than 7, then the gunner starts spamming crits, which make match ts, which feeds prof. X. And you can accelerate because of jg.

I basically beat that node twice. The first time I tried ap denial with cage/lazy thor/hood. It basically worked as I was able to drop the gunner quickly via righteous uppercut.

But prof X got invisible in that time. So it came down to a race. Me needing ap before those special tiles destroyed me. I dropped jg by stunning her and using thor's yellow into green combo (the air was for prof. X). Sadly, I lost both cage and thor while trying to match away the special tiles. I finally got to the invis tile and made the last yellow match I needed to fire pistols at x and win. I had 2I health, x had 250. Then they matched into a cascade match-5, killing me instantly.

I still consider that a victory, though it's a bloody matchup and not one on would recommend.

My next attempt was with switch/deadpool. I just babies switched countdown to avoid risking a match-5. Got it first try without much trouble.

Imo, the key is to deny purple to the enemy as much as possible. So bring someone who can use purple. Aoe is also good, in case x gets invis. And someone to deal with special tiles is also helpful. I wouldvtarget gunner first. Then X (if you have a good stun) or jg (if you don't have a reliable stun).
  • DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've read through most of the comments here...

Just like with other events, have to use the level buffs to your advantage.

I just finished 42, been using Steve Rodgers(3*) and Scarlett Witch in combination with a third depending on matchup. Blade works well, and SW's blue can accelerate his purple getting going. The two stun abilities really really help.

And FWIW, whenver I see Ultron Prime I just take him out last, he doesn't seem to hurt me too badly.

I did whale that Thing node mid round 3.

Beat the Mr. Fanastic node with LCap/SW too, even though I was basically handicapped as he only has one cover(as that is all I care to try in PVE these days).
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I had a hard time on Sim 27. it really sucks since all three have strong AOE abilities.

I refused to use any boosts since it is such a low level node (in Gauntlet 1). I tried all the highest level teams I could think of e.g. any combination of wolverine, daken, deadpool, quicksilver, cok, lcap. I still couldn't get it after 4 or 5 tries.

then I was like, screw it, i'm going off the wall this time.

I went OBW (level 94, 3/5/5), Juggernaut (only level 40!), KK (level 104 with only 2 in yellowflag.png ), all up against level 159 opponents (Sentry, storm, panther). kept spamming jug's red and green, which triggered KK's heal. spammed OBW's blue to heal jug and her purple to keep the AI from using any AOE attacks (even one of which would have almost been a kill shot for the whole team)

and I got it first try. just barely.

i'm not sure whether to be angry that I couldn't get it done with high level, highly invested characters.... or incredibly impressed that the "puzzle" aspect really shone through with the underleveled characters I used.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    My only use of Superwhales this gauntlet was the Mr. Fantastic essential. I tried Hulkbombing it, but my Patch/Hulk are too low leveled to get through the 60,000+ HP. I tried using PX/GSBW to infinite combo it but the attack tiles down them too fast. I even tried getting PX invisible and using the attack tiles to kill them, but antman's blue makes that tough, and Carnage can kill invis X w/ Red or the tile w/ Green. So I brought the team w/ a whales teamup, hid PX and collected the 14 TU AP to end it.
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:

That is such a wickedly designed node. Gunner and jg and x all make special tiles. And if they get more than 7, then the gunner starts spamming crits, which make match ts, which feeds prof. X. And you can accelerate because of jg.

I basically beat that node twice. The first time I tried ap denial with cage/lazy thor/hood. It basically worked as I was able to drop the gunner quickly via righteous uppercut.

But prof X got invisible in that time. So it came down to a race. Me needing ap before those special tiles destroyed me. I dropped jg by stunning her and using thor's yellow into green combo (the air was for prof. X). Sadly, I lost both cage and thor while trying to match away the special tiles. I finally got to the invis tile and made the last yellow match I needed to fire pistols at x and win. I had 2I health, x had 250. Then they matched into a cascade match-5, killing me instantly.

I still consider that a victory, though it's a bloody matchup and not one on would recommend.

My next attempt was with switch/deadpool. I just babies switched countdown to avoid risking a match-5. Got it first try without much trouble.

Imo, the key is to deny purple to the enemy as much as possible. So bring someone who can use purple. Aoe is also good, in case x gets invis. And someone to deal with special tiles is also helpful. I wouldvtarget gunner first. Then X (if you have a good stun) or jg (if you don't have a reliable stun).

Thanks! I was able to complete it with switch/deadpool/spidey. The key was purple, Spidey threw out protects and his yellow was there to help heal. Was doing good and then got enough to whale them so I went with it. I have a large stockpile of deadpool points that I had been saving so I used them instead of risking their team making a comeback and beating me.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    seems fair. I wish I had those characters at my disposal. not sure if i'll even get that far....

but I am happy that I've gone farther than ever before. I don't think I've finished the first leg in the only two Gauntlets I've played. this time around I've completed the first leg, and will be completing the second leg (today more than likely, just a couple essential nodes left).

however, the third leg looks insurmountable even on the second node (lvl 161/162 shulk, switch, cyc).

is the third leg longer than the first two (i.e. more nodes), or is it just my imagination
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rojas66 wrote:

I came insanely close with 3* Bullseye, Cage, and LCap.. after a couple fails, i took my last health pack, revived LCap, and went in with some of my surviving toons..

Finished the node taking very little damage (they got off 0 skills outside of sentry's passive) with Lcap, Doc Oc, Hood. Cap tanked blue and yellow for Hood, and Doc tanked Black, so hood never took a single peice of damage, by the time it was over (which was rather quick), i was in amazement at how many attack tiles i had out from Oc, and how awesome he is against the sentries and anyone paired with him.. new found respect for Oc.. situationally very useful.
  • Jam_Adams wrote:
    seems fair. I wish I had those characters at my disposal. not sure if i'll even get that far....

but I am happy that I've gone farther than ever before. I don't think I've finished the first leg in the only two Gauntlets I've played. this time around I've completed the first leg, and will be completing the second leg (today more than likely, just a couple essential nodes left).

however, the third leg looks insurmountable even on the second node (lvl 161/162 shulk, switch, cyc).

is the third leg longer than the first two (i.e. more nodes), or is it just my imagination
    I have a roster similar to yours and in this third leg I found myself to often dust off the old Stormneto. Of course it helps me to have optimally covered Hood along with them. But even without - try it. It's very squishy but it has a chance to go winfinit and then the size and power of opponents don't matter anymore.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Rojas66 wrote:

I came insanely close with 3* Bullseye, Cage, and LCap.. after a couple fails, i took my last health pack, revived LCap, and went in with some of my surviving toons..

Finished the node taking very little damage (they got off 0 skills outside of sentry's passive) with Lcap, Doc Oc, Hood. Cap tanked blue and yellow for Hood, and Doc tanked Black, so hood never took a single peice of damage, by the time it was over (which was rather quick), i was in amazement at how many attack tiles i had out from Oc, and how awesome he is against the sentries and anyone paired with him.. new found respect for Oc.. situationally very useful.

Yep, those sentries are tailor-made for doc oc. Should have thought of that myself! Still think it's worth taking someone to use purple, since denying purple is borderline essential against both jg and prof. X.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it just me, or do they crank the enemy's luck up to 11 on these events? Its not just the seemingly increase in cascades, but they are cascades of the appropriate color as well. On sim 30, Switch, Cyclops, and Shulk...first turn, super yellow cascade. 2nd turn casts Mutant Revolutionaries, leading to red and black cascades, which lead to Optic and Full Blasts, which kills two of my team off, leaving only Modern Hawkeye...and an inevitable retreat.