The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just want to know why my enemies are all 70 levels higher than they were the last time The Gauntlet ran. The front page of my roster hasn't really changed.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Was scratching my head on what to do against Simulation 34 (243 Carnage, 244 Kamala Khan, and 243 Ant-Man).

Turns out Steve Rogers (166, boosted to 240), Hood (166), and OBW (94) are still pretty effective. Stun Carnage before you launch any abilities. The AP Denial and Steal pretty much made Khan and Lang a non factor.

I wonder how much further I can go w/ this team.
    hood is great against kk and carnage both. used him extensively in the kk pvp event (event at level 136) and made 1K (running kk/bp/hood).
    I just beat this node on the first try with my big enchilada team - stormneto/hood. Stunning carnage really makes a difference.
  • erbalist wrote:
    I made it as far as 33 before i ran out of health packs using my rolling combination of Grey suit Black Widow and Daken and then swapping in Thor or Storm - don't really have many other options but so far i've handled everything ok - I got wiped on 30 and just went back in with a +2 pruple and blue to get a headstart and won it easily.

With GSBW and Storm in the team with buffed Daken tanking for them and healing it's basically just a case of getting 11 Purples and it's pretty much game over, I concentrate on making 4's rather than 5's when i'm using her purple skill to ensure i clear rows gaining AP in the colours i want rather than going for critical tiles - this also increases the number of strike tiles that daken leaves behind boosting the damage of Storms blue and BW's green but at a push i will also use Storm green if i can't win with BW's and just continue to boost AP - so generally speaking once i get my purple ready i can win the game without the oppenent having another turn through either continous board shaking and AP generation or masive damage and stunning.

When i can't use Daken i swap in Thor for masses of damage but obviously the sustainability isn;t there but hey if you get enough yellows and purples then it's game over.

I don't think i'll be able to make it all the way and i don;t have QS so i'm missing out on rewards but i'm playing for the challenge and i will be busting a gut to complete them all if possible.

I am of the opinion that GSBW purple is one of the best and possible underated skills in the game, people refer to it as a green boost but it is so much more than that - if you go for multiple crits then it can cause masses of damage, mine is level 110 currently and I can consitently cause 2000-3000 damage if I use it that way but really it comes to life as an ap generator, by carefully selecting which rows or coloumns you remove you can gain 15 - 20 ap in relevant colours with a nice board and of course making at least 12 - 16 green each time leaving a juicy few dakebn strike tiles behind for good measure!
    its not underrated, its undernerfed, look at 2*mag
    Anyone got through node 41? (obviously you did ya cheap biatches!! now spill yer guts!)

6 different teams... 10 health packs later.. I have been decimated on that one!

yep
    mgallop wrote:
    Just looking at Sim 41 is causing my sanity to break... lvl 395 IF/Cage/XFDP... I really need a 4th blue for my Ant-Man...
    whale time
  • Im curious. With a level 94 roster is it possible to even finish the gauntlet? The levels keep creeping higher each node, and while I do have 2 star Daken and Wolv boosted to 150, Hawkeye as well, and Deadpool and SW are above 94 after boosts, im curious if I should really even stress being able to finish. Im not really having any trouble yet, mind you, just finished the Sentry/KK/Capt Marvel2 node.
  • Haetron wrote:
    Im curious. With a level 94 roster is it possible to even finish the gauntlet? The levels keep creeping higher each node, and while I do have 2 star Daken and Wolv boosted to 150, Hawkeye as well, and Deadpool and SW are above 94 after boosts, im curious if I should really even stress being able to finish. Im not really having any trouble yet, mind you, just finished the Sentry/KK/Capt Marvel2 node.
    since its based off personal scaling, yes - that being said with the enemies you face I think you'd need to delve into 3*/4*/5* land to get better tools...talking to someone in my stream who said they did it with all 2* chars + loki + superwhales
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been in two alliances: one was a PvP-focused alliance (Chaos League), and the other was PvE-focused (TinCan Kickers). They both were and are awesome alliances, but being in an alliance requires a level of commitment that I'm not willing to put into a video game on a regular basis. If you aren't in a top end alliance, shields really aren't sustainable, so it pretty much rules out just playing in an alliance just socially. You pretty much have to play every event or you're screwing your alliance-mates, which isn't fair to them. It's how the game is designed, both for PvP and PvE.

If you've already got a decent roster, and don't need the 3* covers, look for a t250 PVP alliance. You can probably get away with scoring lower and with less consistency without being booted. And t250 alliance gets the same ISO and HP as t100, just no cover. You could slowly build more HP up, if that's something you need.
  • Nerevar83
    Options
    I have a 94 level roster and only have left the last 2 essentials nodes and enough deadpool points to superwhale them once i get some health packs. i used 2 superwhales before on simulation 35 which wasnt rly needed with a 5 cover loki black team-up and on the other essential in the last branch. Most of the fights were won with daken/Awolvie and a lvl 84 2/1/5 loki (i think he was the key, no ideea how other ap denial would work as hood or obw). Baiting the AI into 4-matches taking all their ap while tanking with wolvie and daken. Last node was hawkeye replacing wolvie and getting a match 5 at the start, for reference their levels were 258. If you got any question regarding any fight in particular let me know.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any tips for Simulation 41? You can't Whale through it because 4* Deadpool is on the enemy team.
  • Here to report I did the entire gauntlet since someone inevitably asks if its possible to complete it! 41 others before me in my bracket have done so, as well.

Finished the entire Gauntlet on stream for those looking for team composition, enemy composition, essentials, etc.

Definitely recommend using whales.

I know I already said it, but strangely enough no Tetris Ultron(maybe I'm jinxing it). Also some of the character combos were really...strange and gimmicky. Not dangerous-gimmicky(MUSCLE MUSCLE ULTRON GOON!), but just...gimmicky(Ultron Prime + 2 characters that don't really belong on a team with Ultron Prime(*Cough* Sim 42 *cough*)

I went straight thru the nodes, then went back for the essentials in order to prevent nuts scaling.

It's split into 4 parts, ordered below(with various MPQ play thrown in)in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHvYKvxeGbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mijfw-CBaGo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu0Am4KtNc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2uUlKIx6I
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any tips for Simulation 41? You can't Whale through it because 4* Deadpool is on the enemy team.

Someone suggested lcap/kk/hood above, which is awful since using kks best skill results in two x-enforcers being put out. I am struggling mightily with this node. Going to try switch/spidey/lcap after i get some health packs back and my characters aren't all dead. Something to deal with if's attack tile while you deal with dpxf is a necessity.
  • stowaway
    Options

Someone suggested lcap/kk/hood above, which is awful since using kks best skill results in two x-enforcers being put out. I am struggling mightily with this node. Going to try switch/spidey/lcap after i get some health packs back and my characters aren't all dead. Something to deal with if's attack tile while you deal with dpxf is a necessity.

I used Steve Rogers, Scarlet Witch, and Hood and came within an inch of success five times. At that point I was out of health packs, so I switched to 3* Thor, Spider-Man and Loki, and came through with enough health to take Thor straight through to the final node. (For the record, I actually think the first team I was using is the better one. . . I just couldn't get the board to work for me. Just don't use SW's purple until you have enough Blue to to deal with Deadpool's countdowns if he isn't the one who gets the stun.)
  • stowaway
    Options
    Hmmm. No, "I beat the Gauntlet thread yet"?

I might start an "I beat the Gauntlet before raisinbman" thread. Sadly, I have no stream!
  • Hmmm. No, "I beat the Gauntlet thread yet"?

I just started the 3rd section. Only one wipe so far, using all my trusty troll teams, no mega-whales yet. Looking for to the Deadpool twins.

Twin deadpool node didn't even get off the ground. I was fortunate to race out to some stuns and wipe them quick.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    2 solutions:
    Boring one. Have a 5 blue PX, GSBW/SW. May work with a 4 blue PX, but my two attempts wiped.
    Fun one. AntMans blue helps. Lots. It grabs cafe protect tiles to give you time and IF Attack tiles to do damage. Then I used HB to put down strikes, and do a bunch of damage to XFDP. Once she's low enough, unleash with KKs green to kill him and mess up the other two. Then nuke Cage ASAP. It took me 5 tries, and the final fight took 2 MBW TUs and I ended with just KK alive and under 1k, but they were dead. Then sim 42 is SUPER EASY. Now I need to clear the essentials.

I don't have a solution if you don't have well covered 4s, maybe Ock/Patch/Hulk?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I went straight thru the nodes, then went back for the essentials in order to prevent nuts scaling.

It's split into 4 parts, ordered below(with various MPQ play thrown in)in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mijfw-CBaGo

Nice team for sim 41 (Hulk, Patch, Loki). Thanks.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How many nodes do you have to complete in sub 3 to get the Scarlet Witch cover?
  • stochasticism
    Options
    biryon wrote:
    How many nodes do you have to complete in sub 3 to get the Scarlet Witch cover?

If you do no essentials in any of the subs you need to beat node 40 to get the switch purple.
  • stochasticism
    Options
    Just beat 41 with Patch/Daken/Loki. Needed an ares onslught tu + punisher retribution tu to win after patch got righteous uppercutted but finally did it.
  • stochasticism
    Options
    mgallop wrote:
    2 solutions:
    Boring one. Have a 5 blue PX, GSBW/SW. May work with a 4 blue PX, but my two attempts wiped.
    Fun one. AntMans blue helps. Lots. It grabs cafe protect tiles to give you time and IF Attack tiles to do damage. Then I used HB to put down strikes, and do a bunch of damage to XFDP. Once she's low enough, unleash with KKs green to kill him and mess up the other two. Then nuke Cage ASAP. It took me 5 tries, and the final fight took 2 MBW TUs and I ended with just KK alive and under 1k, but they were dead. Then sim 42 is SUPER EASY. Now I need to clear the essentials.

I don't have a solution if you don't have well covered 4s, maybe Ock/Patch/Hulk?

Mind sharing your strategy for 42? I just got slaughtered with my two goto teams.
  • stochasticism
    Options
    Took me so long to beat 41 that I forgot i could use cage and if for 42. Cage/IF/falcon ftw!