The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Starsaber wrote:
    It looks like Scarlet Witch is the essential for at least the first branch in Corrupted Memory. Who is the essential for the third one? I kind of doubt I'll make it that far, but it may be useful for some decisions I'm going to need to make about roster spots in the near future.

Also, what is the pattern for figuring out the essentials for the next PVE from a Gauntlet? I'm guessing 3* Cap and 4* Thor based on the rewards from the second and third areas, but I'm not sure on the 2* one since the highest award for the first area is a token.

hulk pve is next with cstorm/blade/f thor being essentials.
  • Turbosmooth
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Node 26: SW + IF + Colossus. I can't even come close to beating this node. What the heck? I have DP, Steve, QS with 20-40 levels over these guys. Main problem for me is that I can't use my own SW or Fist. Everything was smooth sailing until that. I'm embarrassed. This is not even in the "hard" shard.
    I believe I went through that with a couple casts of whales on my stream.

Or maybe I used Scott + Matt + 2*Mag. Hm.

Also can be Hulkbombed due to IF's free Anger-induced.

Sidenote: someone really drinkin' the haterade in this thread, sad, really....

Thanks for the tip!! Hulk+Daken worked perfectly. 3rd character didn't even matter. Seems like a perfect strategy against any Fist. It seemed to early in the nodes to use a Superwhale, and you saved me from using one. Got a total mood lift now.
  • Tried the first node and hot damn is Quicksilver a steaming piece of ****. Had to spend the first ten rounds or so getting him killed so that he'd stop breaking the board. Glad I don't have him; I'd go crazy if I had to use this dope during Essential nodes.
  • PSA: Finished going over all System Failure nodes on my stream for anyone curious of the lowdown. Lots of tough nodes that will cost health packs/seconds tries but the majority aren't just "middle finger" nodes like the previous Gauntlets.

Good news: No Tetris Ultron(in System Failure at least icon_evil.gif)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been stuck on 34 (KK , Carnage & Antman), since last night. 10 more health packs on various teams this morning didn't help.
    Too many tiles and KK just heals their team back up.
  • Pongie wrote:
    Been stuck on 34 (KK , Carnage & Antman), since last night. 10 more health packs on various teams this morning didn't help.
    It's one of the worst nodes they have in the current Gauntlet.

But luckily, where D3 can play dirty, we can play downright degenerate:

On my STREAM I believe I beat it with Pietro + Magnus + Danny, but, really, that one might be worth whaling if you've been saving your whales like I have.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    It's one of the worst nodes they have in the current Gauntlet.

But luckily, where D3 can play dirty, we can play downright degenerate:

On my STREAM I believe I beat it with Pietro + Magnus + Danny, but, really, that one might be worth whaling if you've been saving your whales like I have.

Please stop the spam about your stream. You're just advertising the stream to get your ad revenue, which is expressly prohibited in the rules (rule 11). If you want to help, great! I (and others) appreciate it, but sending us to your stream every comment is both annoying and unhelpful. Please just leave it in your signature.

That said, I DO appreciate you also offering the written advice.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please stop the spam about your stream. You're just advertising the stream to get your ad revenue, which is expressly prohibited in the rules (rule 11). If you want to help, great! I (and others) appreciate it, but sending us to your stream every comment is both annoying and unhelpful. Please just leave it in your signature.

That said, I DO appreciate you also offering the written advice.
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't get an ad revenue from Twitch, just donations from appreciative people. It's also not like all he said was to check his stream. He gave the team he used to beat it, and suggested it could be viewed at his stream if so inclined.

Edit: Seems he's streaming at YouTube now, so maybe he gets a modicum of revenue. Still doesn't bother me.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    The change to tokens is interesting. 10-pack gives a guaranteed 3* or better, 42-pack gives a guaranteed 4*, both for the final token.

They should of changed the wording to the 1x to show "Guaranteed 2*" icon_lol.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Node 26: SW + IF + Colossus. I can't even come close to beating this node. What the heck? I have DP, Steve, QS with 20-40 levels over these guys. Main problem for me is that I can't use my own SW or Fist. Everything was smooth sailing until that. I'm embarrassed. This is not even in the "hard" shard.

Got past it second try with Patch/Daredevil/Hood. Kill Witch first. She is **** fierce.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can someone who isn't YELLING confirm that fantastic is necessary to finish this gauntlet?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Can someone who isn't YELLING confirm that fantastic is necessary to finish this gauntlet?

Can't. Stuck before the first off branch in the third stage.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    DPX+ WFX + Fury til now(Stimulation 37), Th4r for substitution if any of the character is used by the AI.
  • Yeah, **** whoever made this Psylocke/Daken/goon node. The jacked up AI cascade rate means new strike tiles are constantly flooding the board, and Psylocke can fire off her red for free every turn. I literally take 1000+ match damage a turn by turn 5. Lame exploit of the game's already unfair advantage.

(Please don't post advice relating to this; I'll just be wasted because I don't actually read replies on this sub-forum.)
  • Flare808
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Yes, Mr. Fantastic is required to finish the Gauntlet completely. He is needed on the last branch of the 3rd Gauntlet.
  • Flare808 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Yes, Mr. Fantastic is required to finish the Gauntlet completely. He is needed on the last branch of the 3rd Gauntlet.

Thanks for that confirmation. This makes me sad. I started Gauntlet earlier last night (woke up w/insomnia so decided to check the forums), but the 4Thor cover was the only thing that appealed to me. At least I now know not to bother continuing.

Like so much of this game, the focus is on encouraging you not to play unless you've meticulously collected every single character. I have 73 unique characters collected, the majority with full covers except a few 3*'s and the 4*s. IMO it's laughable that this should be insufficient to be able to play the game for progression.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, tinykitty whoever made this Psylocke/Daken/goon node. The jacked up AI cascade rate means new strike tiles are constantly flooding the board, and Psylocke can fire off her red for free every turn. I literally take 1000+ match damage a turn by turn 5. Lame exploit of the game's already unfair advantage.

(Please don't post advice relating to this; I'll just be wasted because I don't actually read replies on this sub-forum.)
    What's the point of this post if you're not going to read replies then? Just spreading negativity? The world has enough of that.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally got pass node 34 with hulk sw and lcap. Only to run into imhb captain marvel and iw at node 36. Their health are 10k, 14k and 18k. Too high for my 3* roster. I can down maybe 1 or 2 of them but a punch downs any one of my characters instantly. Cannot deny red too, since hitting marvel with aoe generates it. Also surprised at how good, strong and annoying iw is.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

Thanks for that confirmation. This makes me sad. I started Gauntlet earlier last night (woke up w/insomnia so decided to check the forums), but the 4Thor cover was the only thing that appealed to me. At least I now know not to bother continuing.

Like so much of this game, the focus is on encouraging you not to play unless you've meticulously collected every single character. I have 73 unique characters collected, the majority with full covers except a few 3*'s and the 4*s. IMO it's laughable that this should be insufficient to be able to play the game for progression.
    We're supposed to get a Mr Fantastic PvP this weekend, so if you really want Thor and don't have Reed you could clear out as much as you can of the Gauntlet now, hit the 1000 point progression in PvP and then clear out the essential nodes before the Gauntlet ends.
    ...It's not easy, but it's definitely possible.
  • Or I could just play a game that respects the gamer instead. *shrugs*

If I'm going to come back to playing MPQ events, it'll be on my terms, not theirs - which means having a realistic guarantee of progression is I play through the event.

i.e. not play the entire event and then miss T10 or T20 or T100 based on what kind of bracket you're placed in - or in this case, based on whether or not I'm able to get the progression reward in PvP. Just not worth the effort. I like playing the game casually, but if they want increased engagement, they have to show that they actually respect that increased engagement.

Thanks for the suggestion regardless though.