The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just cleared it. The team I used in the last several nodes where lcap, sw & hood (I think someone already suggested this team). Worked out surprisingly fairly well, even when I had to drop hood for the last 3 essentials. I only had to whale the first essential because IF, IMHB and hood is ridiculous.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    why is the second progression reward in the third gauntlet a 2* storm cover?

i'm pretty sure that if a 2* storm cover is a cover you need, you're not making it to the third gauntlet...

maybe the devs could solve a bit of the iso shortage by giving us a decent iso reward in the third gauntlet, rather than a cover we've thrown out 100 times over.
  • rakesh14021983
    Options
    How do you beat that IM Hulkbuster + Hood + IF level?!! I have been decimated by that team!

Please help... That's the only one I need to clear...
  • furygunner
    furygunner Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Took me so long to beat 41 that I forgot i could use cage and if for 42. Cage/IF/falcon ftw!

Followed wat u used, add a +2 to all ap and +2 to purple and it was more or less done deal..IF still got one shot but falcon and cage hung on.

Now to finish the essentials...
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    How do you beat that IM Hulkbuster + Hood + IF level?!! I have been decimated by that team!

Please help... That's the only one I need to clear...

I dropped the whales, used a whale team-up and +2 TU AP boost
  • Just beat node 35 and unlocked the first essential branch... which is going to be hell. My lcap is useless icon_neutral.gificon_neutral.gif
  • snooka
    snooka Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Good team i used to get trough all non-essential nodes (had lvl 395 since 7th or 8th node in the last sub)

ProfX - Electra - IronFist
    => Electra tanks all her colors and most of IF & Prof,
    => collect purple and fire Fist black generation
    => use Electra black and don't get any single target damage for the rest of the match
    => on a match 5 you get additional purple from PX blue
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice regards getting through 41, beat it in the end with GSBW (141), Spidey (141+buff), Switch(114). Lucked out getting a couple purple matches and then Switch's blue proc'd so had enough for deceptive tactics, Waited to get 5 blue, stunned 4Pool then dropped Sniper on him which shredded both IF and Cage's tiles, and set up a few real nice cascades so ended up flooring 4Pool and IF then just stunned Cage and used Widow's Pistol to keep take out his tile when he wasn't stunned.

Following that, didn't have any issues all the way through the rest of it so for the first time in the year-and-a-bit I've been playing, I've completed a gauntlet! Cheers again everyone who offered advice and good luck people still trying!
  • Mark 11995 wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    Any tips for node 30? Shulk, sw, cyclops. Shulk just keeps destroying my ap. Trying not to give up and use superwhales

I'm stuck on that one too. I seriously came closest by using GSBW/Daredevil/HT. All three are lvl 117, opponents are lvl 160. Only Shulk was left standing with about 3k health. Use DD for stun and his Ambush, GSBW for purple and green. Thinking of switching HT with Cage (lvl 104), his yellow and black fill a gap, and Unbreakable will do wonders (though Shulk will probably steal it....)

This one is my first real headache, I'm not sure if I'm going to get that Switch cover I need icon_cry.gif

http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/goober-man/
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Options
    mgallop wrote:
    Any tips for Simulation 41? You can't Whale through it because 4* Deadpool is on the enemy team.
    2 solutions:
    Boring one. Have a 5 blue PX, GSBW/SW. May work with a 4 blue PX, but my two attempts wiped.
    Fun one. AntMans blue helps. Lots. It grabs cafe protect tiles to give you time and IF Attack tiles to do damage. Then I used HB to put down strikes, and do a bunch of damage to XFDP. Once she's low enough, unleash with KKs green to kill him and mess up the other two. Then nuke Cage ASAP. It took me 5 tries, and the final fight took 2 MBW TUs and I ended with just KK alive and under 1k, but they were dead. Then sim 42 is SUPER EASY. Now I need to clear the essentials.

I don't have a solution if you don't have well covered 4s, maybe Ock/Patch/Hulk?

Mind sharing your strategy for 42? I just got slaughtered with my two goto teams.
    FistBuster + Hood. Overdrive a bunch,,kill hood, then XFW.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any tips for Simulation 41? You can't Whale through it because 4* Deadpool is on the enemy team.

Hulk, Patch, Loki. Boosts on all colors

Hulk bomb is well.. da bomb. Take out DP first then IF.
  • TOFU3
    TOFU3 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    For stim41, my team: WXF+ Th4r+Fury.
    No doubt that DPX has to be downed first.
    In my case, i activated 1~2 Demolition in quite a short time( lucky to have a bluetile.png match-5 at the begining). Blue is the main color I need all over the battle( either for demolition or stun). Try to stop DPX from getting red/purple AP is another thing I focus to do.
    IF may helps you to generate some Black AP( though its dangerous to let him do so) which accelerate WXF'S SS. Surgical Strike filters the board by removing red,green or yellow tiles. Once DPX is downed, the next one is Cage. Th4r's stun and smite are very good in this stage. Charged tiles are nearly useless for opponents(No active Red and Blue but Yellow for Cage's Uppercut)so it doesnt matter if the opponents match that. At last i got plenty of charged tile on board. Smite! END!
    Uhhhhh....Everything begin with luck icon_e_wink.gif That's my "Tactic"
  • stowaway wrote:
    Hmmm. No, "I beat the Gauntlet thread yet"?

I might start an "I beat the Gauntlet before raisinbman" thread. Sadly, I have no stream!

Not sure which is worse, bragging about beating the gauntlet on stream when you use 10 super whales, or trying to beat that person.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tried Patch/Loki/Hulk, but Hulk was 150ish and didnt helped much.
    Swapped it for Kamal and it worked out great (using +all,+G/B boosts). If you manage to launch Berserker+trickery it's almost done.
  • Any tips for sim 38? Thing/KK/Cyclops look kinda scary, all lvl200
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Need tips for node 32. Thanks.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rojas66 wrote:
    Need tips for node 32. Thanks.
    You might want to mention who is on the node. It makes it easier to help.
    (Yes, I realize I can check it in the game itself, but it's better for everyone if the person asking the question also provides that info. Saves time in the long run).
  • Mark 11995 wrote:
    Any tips for sim 38? Thing/KK/Cyclops look kinda scary, all lvl200

Need some help here, being decimated by cyclops icon_e_confused.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    Any tips for sim 38? Thing/KK/Cyclops look kinda scary, all lvl200
    Loki and/or Hood could probably help a lot here. Kamala can't heal if the others can't use powers. Trickery could also help against Thing. I like running She-Hulk with them for even more AP drain and tile stealing.
  • Willis
    Options
    I finally get past sim 40 after wiping at least 11 times and I'm rewarded with the levels of the enemies jumping up by 20 across the whole simulator. They were 353 and now they're 373. Well I can always pull more infinite turn **** with cyclops, mohawk storm, and gs widow if needed I guess.