The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• alexnmbc
    Options
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    Any tips for node 30? Shulk, sw, cyclops. Shulk just keeps destroying my ap. Trying not to give up and use superwhales

I'm stuck on that one too. I seriously came closest by using GSBW/Daredevil/HT. All three are lvl 117, opponents are lvl 160. Only Shulk was left standing with about 3k health. Use DD for stun and his Ambush, GSBW for purple and green. Thinking of switching HT with Cage (lvl 104), his yellow and black fill a gap, and Unbreakable will do wonders (though Shulk will probably steal it....)

I got lucky on that one with Hood (166), Mystique (141), RoGro (141). Hood kept their AP down enough for Mystique to proc both purple and black skills, that took out Switch, got R/G's blue off then Twin Pistols to take out Cyclops. Lost Hood and Mystique to Shulkie but R/G's yellow bought me enough time to fire their green off and take her out.. Have you got/tried Spidey? He's buffed and his stun/heal might buy you enough time to whittle them down. Good luck!

I'm stuck on 4Pool/Cage/Fist, didn't think ahead and have already done all the essentials up til that point so they're at an ungodly level 327 each. I've got no usable 4*s so any advice / recommendations would be much appreciated.

Out of health packs at the moment but thinking maybe use Spidey, Switch and Cyclops? Spidey's buffed and higher levelled than Switch so will tank (I think) which should keep her alive, Switch keeps making purples which should keep my protect tiles up to help negate IF's tile, and stun might let me get a couple of Cyc's red/black off. Thoughts?

Cheers
  • Mark 11995 wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    Any tips for node 30? Shulk, sw, cyclops. Shulk just keeps destroying my ap. Trying not to give up and use superwhales

I'm stuck on that one too. I seriously came closest by using GSBW/Daredevil/HT. All three are lvl 117, opponents are lvl 160. Only Shulk was left standing with about 3k health. Use DD for stun and his Ambush, GSBW for purple and green. Thinking of switching HT with Cage (lvl 104), his yellow and black fill a gap, and Unbreakable will do wonders (though Shulk will probably steal it....)
    I finally managed to beat it with hulk, 2thor, gsbw and a bit of luck. It might be a bit easier if i had more hulk black covers, not just a pityful one
  • rakesh14021983
    Options
    Anyone got through node 41? (obviously you did ya cheap biatches!! now spill yer guts!)

6 different teams... 10 health packs later.. I have been decimated on that one!
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    alexnmbc wrote:
    I'm stuck on 4Pool/Cage/Fist, didn't think ahead and have already done all the essentials up til that point so they're at an ungodly level 327 each. I've got no usable 4*s so any advice / recommendations would be much appreciated.
    Try Steve/KK/Hood, they were my go-to team for the tougher nodes. Stun IF and overwrite his attack tile. Ignore Cage's protect tile. I targeted 4Pool->IF->Cage. This one only took me one try, but I got Steve-engine going early. Good luck!
  • alexnmbc
    Options
    alexnmbc wrote:
    Try Steve/KK/Hood, they were my go-to team for the tougher nodes. Stun IF and overwrite his attack tile. Ignore Cage's protect tile. I targeted 4Pool->IF->Cage. This one only took me one try, but I got Steve-engine going early. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll give it a go soon as they're healed up!
  • rakesh14021983
    Options
    alexnmbc wrote:

Any other ideas mate? Failed with that too.. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    alexnmbc wrote:

Not to sound pessimistic or to dismiss your suggestion.. I'm not entirely sure it would work with 4/5/1 Steve and 2/3/3 KK alongside a maxed Hood.. I used a different team, but unfortunately not available here either or maybe not be possible.. (Hulk, She-Hulk and KK)

With your roster, I'd probably try Hulk Bombing it. It may work, considering the Anger won't cause AoE damage.. to deal with the purpleflag.png strike tiles, you have several options.. you could bring Spider-Man or Doom

How is your cyclops? Cyc yellow to help power steve red, cyc black for big booms when you can, steve red and blue.. toss in Loki to keep turning cage's shield tile.
  • OJSP wrote:
    shurak wrote:
    I tried with several teams, until their levels went down from 241 to 213. eventually managed to beat them with patch, daken and loki

Do lvl's go down? I think i lost 7 times now, enemies are still 160...
    alexnmbc wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    shurak wrote:

I got lucky on that one with Hood (166), Mystique (141), RoGro (141). Hood kept their AP down enough for Mystique to proc both purple and black skills, that took out Switch, got R/G's blue off then Twin Pistols to take out Cyclops. Lost Hood and Mystique to Shulkie but R/G's yellow bought me enough time to fire their green off and take her out.. Have you got/tried Spidey? He's buffed and his stun/heal might buy you enough time to whittle them down. Good luck!

Out of health packs at the moment but thinking maybe use Spidey, Switch and Cyclops? Spidey's buffed and higher levelled than Switch so will tank (I think) which should keep her alive, Switch keeps making purples which should keep my protect tiles up to help negate IF's tile, and stun might let me get a couple of Cyc's red/black off. Thoughts?

Cheers

Using Spidey might not be a bad idea. He's lvl 124 buffed (3/2/2). Problem is Shulk will steal and improve his protect tiles, practically negating all match damage
  • Unknown
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I made it as far as 33 before i ran out of health packs using my rolling combination of Grey suit Black Widow and Daken and then swapping in Thor or Storm - don't really have many other options but so far i've handled everything ok - I got wiped on 30 and just went back in with a +2 pruple and blue to get a headstart and won it easily.

With GSBW and Storm in the team with buffed Daken tanking for them and healing it's basically just a case of getting 11 Purples and it's pretty much game over, I concentrate on making 4's rather than 5's when i'm using her purple skill to ensure i clear rows gaining AP in the colours i want rather than going for critical tiles - this also increases the number of strike tiles that daken leaves behind boosting the damage of Storms blue and BW's green but at a push i will also use Storm green if i can't win with BW's and just continue to boost AP - so generally speaking once i get my purple ready i can win the game without the oppenent having another turn through either continous board shaking and AP generation or masive damage and stunning.

When i can't use Daken i swap in Thor for masses of damage but obviously the sustainability isn;t there but hey if you get enough yellows and purples then it's game over.

I don't think i'll be able to make it all the way and i don;t have QS so i'm missing out on rewards but i'm playing for the challenge and i will be busting a gut to complete them all if possible.

I am of the opinion that GSBW purple is one of the best and possible underated skills in the game, people refer to it as a green boost but it is so much more than that - if you go for multiple crits then it can cause masses of damage, mine is level 110 currently and I can consitently cause 2000-3000 damage if I use it that way but really it comes to life as an ap generator, by carefully selecting which rows or coloumns you remove you can gain 15 - 20 ap in relevant colours with a nice board and of course making at least 12 - 16 green each time leaving a juicy few dakebn strike tiles behind for good measure!
  • furygunner
    furygunner Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    shurak wrote:

For me I use patch/Ldaken/Loki.

Try as much as possible to match black(for loki), red(patch), green(strike tiles plus for patch green skill)(esp green so Shulk cant use her furious charge green)

Loki to reverse the tiles patch generate from Patch green/red skill.(only use Patch's green/red skill when u got black filled for Loki)

Loki will stay in background mostly(at least mine is coz lvl lower)
    And also pray they go for a 4 match which turns to leeching back to your ap.(and that makes alot easier if they get it off earlier in the match)

I took down Shulk first(coz she could steal tiles over) then SW and Cyclops but its up to U.

Priority is to not let anyone generate team damage which may hurt loki.

I also load with +2 purple and +2 black so I get the black skill up for loki easier.
    If u got a heal teamup that helps I guess.(or otherwise the red L cap america should take like 5k damage off if needed?)
    I dono about u but I think i got through it in first try..or maybe 2nd..
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tips for Simulation 35? Ultron Prime/cage/blade. Ultron creates way too many tiles before I can kill him. Got closest with cyclops/cmags/if. Thought loki but he doesn't survive long. Maybe loki/kk/hulk or aub kk for Thor.
  • OJSP wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:

Do lvl's go down? I think i lost 7 times now, enemies are still 160...

Yeah, apparently so.. I was a bit surprised too.. but it immediately jumped back up again after I beat the node.

Well, you guys must be extremely lucky then.... just lost 4 times in ar row (even some on purpose) - still Shulk lvl 161, Cyke lvl 161 and SW lvl 162
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    furygunner wrote:
    shurak wrote:

For me I use patch/Ldaken/Loki.

Try as much as possible to match black(for loki), red(patch), green(strike tiles plus for patch green skill)(esp green so Shulk cant use her furious charge green)

Loki to reverse the tiles patch generate from Patch green/red skill.(only use Patch's green/red skill when u got black filled for Loki)

Loki will stay in background mostly(at least mine is coz lvl lower)
    And also pray they go for a 4 match which turns to leeching back to your ap.(and that makes alot easier if they get it off earlier in the match)

I took down Shulk first(coz she could steal tiles over) then SW and Cyclops but its up to U.

Priority is to not let anyone generate team damage which may hurt loki.

I also load with +2 purple and +2 black so I get the black skill up for loki easier.
    If u got a heal teamup that helps I guess.(or otherwise the red L cap america should take like 5k damage off if needed?)
    I dono about u but I think i got through it in first try..or maybe 2nd..

Thanks, worked for me on the first try!
  • furygunner
    furygunner Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Tips for Simulation 35? Ultron Prime/cage/blade. Ultron creates way too many tiles before I can kill him. Got closest with cyclops/cmags/if. Thought loki but he doesn't survive long. Maybe loki/kk/hulk or aub kk for Thor.

I took them down with same combo for e earlier tip for Shulk/cyclops/SW

Patch/Ldaken/Loki

Took down Blade first then Cage then ultron.
    Key is to have the Loki black up asap together with Green(a must for Patch) ,Purple(Loki) then Red(Patch),
    Sooner or later they will match 4 of a kind and leechin party starts.

Once You got enough for Loki's Black, you can kinda take a breather. coz it gives time for u to heal back daken and Patch.

I would use Patch Green,Red(if you have enough) and Loki's Black to turn all to own tiles, and purple(for shuffle) or see if you can double match any existing tile.

Basically ending part, I just use Loki's purple again,, and again ..n again..

And that creates green/red for patch.. and ...repeat the black Loki story again... or Purple if you only got tat..

Took down in 1 try

PS: i also added +2 purple.+2 black for Loki in beginning.
  • Cava6
    Options
    I got past it with SW /hood/Squirrel
    SG purple is underrated, with all the special tiles ultron generates it does almost 6k damage (mine is 3/5/5 lvl 130) and SW keep fueling it
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Was scratching my head on what to do against Simulation 34 (243 Carnage, 244 Kamala Khan, and 243 Ant-Man).

Turns out Steve Rogers (166, boosted to 240), Hood (166), and OBW (94) are still pretty effective. Stun Carnage before you launch any abilities. The AP Denial and Steal pretty much made Khan and Lang a non factor.

I wonder how much further I can go w/ this team.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was scratching my head on what to do against Simulation 34 (243 Carnage, 244 Kamala Khan, and 243 Ant-Man).

Turns out Steve Rogers (166, boosted to 240), Hood (166), and OBW (94) are still pretty effective. Stun Carnage before you launch any abilities. The AP Denial and Steal pretty much made Khan and Lang a non factor.

I wonder how much further I can go w/ this team.
    hood is great against kk and carnage both. used him extensively in the kk pvp event (event at level 136) and made 1K (running kk/bp/hood).
  • razput1n
    razput1n Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

I did patches, loki and hood, got it first try, they were lvl 264, gather black and green while hitting blade, once theres a ton of enemy tiles, but before they use abilities, do berserker, then loki's black to get all tiles for yourself, and its an easy ride from there, barely took any damage
  • OJSP wrote:
    Mark 11995 wrote:
    Well, you guys must be extremely lucky then.... just lost 4 times in ar row (even some on purpose) - still Shulk lvl 161, Cyke lvl 161 and SW lvl 162

Hmm.. I just realised, that my suggestion was for someone else and I think I just put that comment, without knowing their roster..

Looking at your roster, I can understand how this node can be challenging.. I haven't managed to find a team that could tackle this node reliably.. I would try 3* Thor, OBW and Storm, to try getting a loop going, Just make sure OBW is on the 2nd position and Storm last, so she can tank bluetile.png and Windstorm your way through to victory.. Perhaps bring a strike tile team up like Feral Claws or Battleplan to allow OBW to double dip the damage at some point.. good luck.

Actually got past it with a little variation on your suggestion. Beside 2* Storm and 3* Thor i decided to bring Doom along for the ride. His purple saved me in the end, but Storm packed a good punch
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks all. Patch/daken/loki won with all near full health.