**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) ****

Options

Comments

• binarypillbug
    Options
    I have just started playing with her and quite a decent character.im thinking 445 has any1 got stats for that build?

Her wiki page has that info.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have just started playing with her and quite a decent character.im thinking 445 has any1 got stats for that build?

Her wiki page has that info.
    Mate thx for that:)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Is sacrificing the significant damage from redflag.png worth the increased utility from yellowflag.png ?
    I don't think so. Damage and stun is always useful, and while Thor is a little slow in the start she can still bring the pain when she gets going. Dropping either blue or red significantly undermines her potential.
  • PurdyPrince
    PurdyPrince Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    What is a good team for 4Thor? PVP and PVE
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    Cyc is probably her best partner.iceman would be good too
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I really like Thor, Mohawk Storm and Loki together. After a while your turns just won't end between Lightning Strike and Illusions...
  • Dunamis101
    Dunamis101 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    I think this would do it. Make her blue drop 7 charged tiles, and make the cost 1ap less. I dont see that as too much, considering that iceman can perform a 4 turn stun for 6ap.

I still bought most of her covers recently, I dont really regret it either. Shes still pretty good, but she could use a tweak as stated above.

I also think her yellow could use a damage boost. At max level her yellow should do 3200 in damage at the minimum considering the cost.

Just some dreams, dont mind me... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dunamis101
    Options
    Cyc is probably her best partner.iceman would be good too

I thought Iceman might be good too, but because of his blue being so inexpensive (6ap) I doubt Thors blue will ever go off. If I were to team Thor with Iceman, I would probably go for a 5-3-5 bulid to make sure there was plenty of blue on the board.

Hopefully Thors blue will go off that way. She needs that for damage.

I personaly use her with Jean, and Loki.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Oh, my God(dess)... I adore her, but still waiting for her yellowflag.png to get (at Stormysusie Team). Everytime I can cash a LT with CP, I hope she comes over with a cover. icon_mrgreen.gif She's nice, I love her blue, and that she can be combined with Rags.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ok, this pve is the first event I've really played with her. she is at 5/3/3 level 180 now and boosted up to 227. I've used the witch/mnmags trick before with cap - quite a bit for goon nodes. I thought I'd give it a shot with 4thor - wow. just wow. that was so effective it makes me really want those last 2 blue so I can add more levels to her. I'm sure im40 (2 yellow) can work with her too, but just had to post this combo.
  • Dunamis101
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    ok, this pve is the first event I've really played with her. she is at 5/3/3 level 180 now and boosted up to 227. I've used the witch/mnmags trick before with cap - quite a bit for goon nodes. I thought I'd give it a shot with 4thor - wow. just wow. that was so effective it makes me really want those last 2 blue so I can add more levels to her. I'm sure im40 (2 yellow) can work with her too, but just had to post this combo.

I almost have her fully covered as well, 5/2/5 as of now. She is at 288 in level right now for the PvE.
    Her blue in 5 is really good as well. My Jean is 350 lol, so that means everything dies.

Some teams i use with her for PvE as well...

* Thor, 2* Mags, Switch
    * Thor, 2* Mags, Prof-X
    * Thor, Jean, Loki (PvP as well)
    *Bullseye, Thor, Prof-X

I have heard that Lady Thor is also good with 3* Storm and Loki. I havent been able to try it due to my storm needing more green covers, but they say that with Storms green she can help collect charged tiles. I would assume Loki would help make matches and net you ap with his passive.

I would also like to try Jean/4* Thor/3*Storm as well once i get 5 covers in green to test.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:

GT is my go-to team for overscaled pve nodes.

I usually pair her with Cage and Im40 (2 yellow). Cage protect tile will reduce the match dmg of the opponent. I will then chase yellow and just power surge and smite down the opponent.

Another team I like us Cage-SW-GT. Full rainbow and the amount of stun option in the team is amazing.

Power surge
    Reality crush (5 turns!)
    Jab jab cross (if you have 5 black)

I often reality crush the team, stun guy 1 with RC, power surge guy 2, and smite the 3rd guy to death. That leaves me with 3 full turns of collecting the charge tiles.

Another point about cage and GT is that GT yellow is lackadaisical, but a 5 yellow Cage is fantastic.

Really, I think GT may not be the god tier, but she is still really really good.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I really like Thor with Mohawk Storm and Loki. It takes a little while to get going, but once you have some charged tiles out you can get lots of AP with Illusions and Lightning Strike and you can almost have infinite turns.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also think she's fine. Her blue could stand to create 1 charged tile more (improving her red) and her yellow should either deal 1k more or cost 2 AP less (compare to the very similar Mind Over Matter) but she's completely serviceable as she is.
  • jimstarooney
    Options
    I think goddess is a vastly under rated character.her yellow is good for pve and she can potentially hit harder than a 30ap red hulkbuster.a 3 turn stun is not to be sniffed at either and now iron man has had his buff im expecting to see a lot more of her at higher level.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think goddess is a vastly under rated character.her yellow is good for pve and she can potentially hit harder than a 30ap red hulkbuster.a 3 turn stun is not to be sniffed at either and now iron man has had his buff im expecting to see a lot more of her at higher level.

You'd need 21 charged tiles on the board to hit harder than a 30 AP repulsor punch, so I think that may qualify as "win-more" icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Thorrina is currently 5/4/2 lv166, can go up to lv229. Should i leave her at 166, or level her up? If the latter, which level?

It costs 154k iso to bring her to 229. I currently have 200k iso, although I've already championed all my prioritised 3*; i don't see myself championing any more 3* until i get around 500-600k iso

I would hold off until you get more covers. She is great at 5,3,5 with IM40 now for PVE. You can easily get 2 stuns and nuke someone. If you had 13 covers it could be worth championing her to respec her. It is best to keep her at a level that you can win DPDQ and then once you have 13 covers you have to decide if you want PVP or PVE. With IM40 or Loki, storm combo she is great in PVE not so scary in PVP unless buffed. I would hold off a little bit if I were you
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fyi - iceman works really well with thoress. yes they both use blue and ice's is better, but thoress/im40/ice is crazy good. you can easily get enough to fire red twice, probably charging some red in the process. ice can then fire purple that turns all kinds of red, including charged into blue, making even more blue than im40 made, then you can play calvin snowman punch all day long with the enemy stunned.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

You'd need 21 charged tiles on the board to hit harder than a 30 AP repulsor punch, so I think that may qualify as "win-more" icon_e_smile.gif

That's comparing her 10AP with HB's 30AP, right?

Because if she has 30AP too, that's 3 x base damage + (3+6) x bonus tiles just from red, which is 18600 - just 300 short of that max punch. But it can also be distributed over 3 targets...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kolence wrote:

That's comparing her 10AP with HB's 30AP, right?

Because if she has 30AP too, that's 3 x base damage + (3+6) x bonus tiles just from red, which is 18600 - just 300 short of that max punch. But it can also be distributed over 3 targets...

Yeah fair enough. And that's assuming 0 charged tiles to start which is probably not even the average case.

Both still beat by 2x Dive Bombs if there are all of 2 friendly protect tiles around. Thanks Venom...