**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) ****

Options

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    In the sea of Xforce threads, let us not forget the harbinger of the age of nerf-pocalypse.

Make the Thor changes more reasonable, devs. Stop taking out a jackhammer to balance when a foam bat will do.
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    Options
    All they need to do to make 4hor usable again is put yellow back to what it was prenerf and/or blue creates 8 charged tiles.

Xforce is a liability now if the opponents strongest color is one you need.
    They should let us choose the color it eliminates.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So simple, they could fix this whole huge steaming mess tomorrow in an instant.

Exactly as Dter said and what we've been saying all along. Reinstate her original yellow and drop surge to 8 charged tiles from 12.

XF surgical strike doesn't drain opponents AP. that's all he needed if anything.

It's exhausting to imagine what they were thinking when they decided these disgusting and unnecessary nerfs would be a good idea.

It's also depressing to see how dull the game is now, how many vets and high paying customers have left without saying a word and more will leave as soon as seasons is complete. : (
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's also depressing to see how dull the game is now, how many vets and high paying customers have left without saying a word and more will leave as soon as seasons is complete. : (
    I have to finish the season! I'm on the way to getting two 10-packs! And you know what those two 10-packs will get me? Three 3*'s I already have and maybe a 4*.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have you guys completely missed out on the nice added variety of the most recent pvp?

I'm still seeing XF...
    I'm still seeing Thor...

But I'm also seeing a boatload of other characters. It's pretty great!

If they were to buff XF it would have to be super subtle. Nothing changed to SS as it's his best skill and really powerful as is...maybe just a 500-750 damage boost to green and that's it.

Thor could use a slight boost to yellow...maybe capping at 4-5 specialty tiles like before OR lowering the AP cost to 10. Perhaps adding just 1 Charge tile to blue. You don't want to throw these characters back into the spotlight by default. This sense of character variety is super refreshing. Even the recommendations I'm providing might go too far.
    Dull? Really?
    As a vet myself I consider the last couple of days to be among the most exciting I've had in this game since the anniversary week. So many changes to test out and experiment. So many more characters are potentially viable for play (even if they aren't viable for top end PvP shield hopping). Don't get me wrong...I think there are major problems with the reward vs time investment/resource cost ratio now. This isn't perfect...but it's far from dull IMO.
  • Raffoon
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    Have you guys completely missed out on the nice added variety of the most recent pvp?

I'm still seeing XF...
    I'm still seeing Thor...

But I'm also seeing a boatload of other characters. It's pretty great!

If they were to buff XF it would have to be super subtle. Nothing changed to SS as it's his best skill and really powerful as is...maybe just a 500-750 damage boost to green and that's it.

Thor could use a slight boost to yellow...maybe capping at 4-5 specialty tiles like before OR lowering the AP cost to 10. Perhaps adding just 1 Charge tile to blue. You don't want to throw these characters back into the spotlight by default. This sense of character variety is super refreshing. Even the recommendations I'm providing might go too far.
    Dull? Really?
    As a vet myself I consider the last couple of days to be among the most exciting I've had in this game since the anniversary week. So many changes to test out and experiment. So many more characters are potentially viable for play (even if they aren't viable for top end PvP shield hopping). Don't get me wrong...I think there are major problems with the reward vs time investment/resource cost ratio now. This isn't perfect...but it's far from dull IMO.

Still seeing Xforce? I love when I do, I take it as free points. The only thing remotely threatening about him is his black now.

You still see Thor some at the top, if only for the giant wall of HP she has. The problem is that charged tiles were the most fun part about the character. I don't care what they have to do to make it "balanced" in their eyes, but drastically reducing the amount of charged tiles she makes has made her exponentially less fun to play. Personally, I only use her for DDQ now.

Is Thor red good? Yeah, sure. Is Xforce black good? It still does a lot of damage, although it's taken a big hit in overall usefulness.

The problem is that these 4* characters have essentially been reduced to one useful power. Deny Red and who cares about Thor. Deny Black, and who cares about Xforce? Good characters bring threats on multiple colors and are fun to play.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raffoon wrote:
    Still seeing Xforce? I love when I do, I take it as free points. The only thing remotely threatening about him is his black now.

Yes any ability that can 1 shot a character is still threatening.
    You still see Thor some at the top, if only for the giant wall of HP she has. The problem is that charged tiles were the most fun part about the character. I don't care what they have to do to make it "balanced" in their eyes, but drastically reducing the amount of charged tiles she makes has made her exponentially less fun to play. Personally, I only use her for DDQ now.

Please. The thing that was 'fun' about her was her ability to vaporise opponents. Charged tiles without the immense damage probably wouldn't get a look in.
    Is Thor red good? Yeah, sure. Is Xforce black good? It still does a lot of damage, although it's taken a big hit in overall usefulness.

You avoided answering your question. Yes his black is good, it's still the best black ability in the game.
    The problem is that these 4* characters have essentially been reduced to one useful power. Deny Red and who cares about Thor. Deny Black, and who cares about Xforce? Good characters bring threats on multiple colors and are fun to play.

No, they have been reduced to one top shelf power. X force's ability to true heal is still useful. His green still does damage and shakes the board up. And his black is still top tier.

You can't give a character two best in game powers and true healing and then tell people to use other characters. It's not going to happen.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:

I'm still seeing XF...

I'm still playing X Force. SS is still fantastic. Not just for its damage but because a board with 1 less colour sets up a lot of cascades.
    Dull? Really?

I like that I actually feel vulnerable when my featured character is underpowered. Like my roster beyond X-Force/Hood/Loki/Laken actually matters.
  • Raffoon
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Raffoon wrote:

Yes any ability that can 1 shot a character is still threatening.

Please. The thing that was 'fun' about her was her ability to vaporise opponents. Charged tiles without the immense damage probably wouldn't get a look in.

You avoided answering your question. Yes his black is good, it's still the best black ability in the game.

No, they have been reduced to one top shelf power. X force's ability to true heal is still useful. His green still does damage and shakes the board up. And his black is still top tier.

You can't give a character two best in game powers and true healing and then tell people to use other characters. It's not going to happen.

Keep using him if you want. You know when you look at the board, see that the enemy has rainbow coverage and say "hmm, I wonder which ability I should let him collect AP for, I need to let him have a color". Green is that color, now. I'll be happy to deny black and take some free points when he gets played, though.

Back on topic with Thor: you can claim whatever you want about what you think is fun about the character. The fun thing about her for me is the charged tile dynamic. Less tiles is less fun.
  • So following the xforce nerf and other changes - is Thor still worth obtaining / maxing? I have enough saved HP to get her covered to 5/3/5 - worth while?
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fickle wrote:
    So following the xforce nerf and other changes - is Thor still worth obtaining / maxing? I have enough saved HP to get her covered to 5/3/5 - worth while?

Buy covers for her? Noooooo!

There are much better characters worth buying covers for... Thor is useable, but that's it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talahamut wrote:
    fickle wrote:
    So following the xforce nerf and other changes - is Thor still worth obtaining / maxing? I have enough saved HP to get her covered to 5/3/5 - worth while?

There are much better characters worth buying covers for... Thor is useable, but that's it.

I disagree, she's got the second most hit points in the game short of Devil Dino and soon to be tied with IMHB. She is still a force to deal with and is still a solid part of my roster. Pair her with 3* Storm at 5/5/3 and you will have the game locked up very quickly.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    fickle wrote:

I disagree, she's got the second most hit points in the game short of Devil Dino and soon to be tied with IMHB. She is still a force to deal with and is still a solid part of my roster. Pair her with 3* Storm at 5/5/3 and you will have the game locked up very quickly.

OK, but at this point why are you not buying IMHB covers instead?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:

Given what they did to xforce and 4thor when they were powerful, I think you know why.

No one in their right mind is going to buy a 4 star cover because of that... To quote an cliche. "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!". As I said at the time those nerfs were announced, doing such D3 would only shoot themselves in the foot! It's going to take some serious kissing of people's rear by d3 before many of those stung by those changes are going to spend again, certainly on covers anyway.

One thing I will note, looking at the way the game has gone recently and playing around with She Hulk's new blue ability and also the proposed changes for moonstones black... I think people are completely disregarding 4Thor's yellow. It's a very niche like situation however it allows you to mitigate the opponents special tiles. When I look at her yellow at rank 5 it looks to me like its intended as a counter balance to the countdown tiles someone like kingpin would use. It doesn't counter them all if he has his yellow at rank 5, but it does mean that the two will be competing for yellow.

Not only that her yellow is the only way currently to generate black, and purple charge tiles.. created converting special tiles placed down by Doc Oct, Spiderman, IronFist, Electra and others...

Heck those enemy strike tiles being put down by your own patch seem less of a problem if Loki for whatever reason is not available to you.

With this in mind I find 553 more appealing than 535, yes you lose a 3 turn stun but I regard the ability to mitigate countdown timers on the opposing team a stronger ability given how damaging some of those countdown timers can be...

That said she is much more situational than before if you go the 553 route...

Regardless I'm still at a loss what to do with her except keep her on the side bench till she gets review and an improvement
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:

Given what they did to xforce and 4thor when they were powerful, I think you know why.

No one in their right mind is going to buy a 4 star cover because of that... To quote an cliche. "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!". As I said at the time those nerfs were announced, doing such D3 would only shoot themselves in the foot! It's going to take some serious kissing of people's rear by d3 before many of those stung by those changes are going to spend again, certainly on covers anyway.

One thing I will note, looking at the way the game has gone recently and playing around with She Hulk's new blue ability and also the proposed changes for moonstones black... I think people are completely disregarding 4Thor's yellow. It's a very niche like situation however it allows you to mitigate the opponents special tiles. When I look at her yellow at rank 5 it looks to me like its intended as a counter balance to the countdown tiles someone like kingpin would use. It doesn't counter them all if he has his yellow at rank 5, but it does mean that the two will be competing for yellow.

Not only that her yellow is the only way currently to generate black, and purple charge tiles.. created converting special tiles placed down by Doc Oct, Spiderman, IronFist, Electra and others...

Heck those enemy strike tiles being put down by your own patch seem less of a problem if Loki for whatever reason is not available to you.

With this in mind I find 553 more appealing than 535, yes you lose a 3 turn stun but I regard the ability to mitigate countdown timers on the opposing team a stronger ability given how damaging some of those countdown timers can be...

That said she is much more situational than before if you go the 553 route...

Regardless I'm still at a loss what to do with her except keep her on the side bench till she gets review and an improvement

Her yellow is garbage and a 3 turn stun is way better at dealing with CD tiles than yellow will ever be. 5/3/5 is still the way to go even if its significantly worse after the nerf. She's still the best 3*+ character that can stun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have a question about Thor.
    I've been playing for more than 500 days and i have most of the 3* full... I have 6300 HP and 675 000 Isos.
    With the 4*, i have X-Force 270 553...I have Invisible Woman full cover 355 but i'm not sure that i should invest 365 000 isos on her.
    The other 4* are between 2 and 8 covers (and Fury 515)

Tomorrow, i'll get yellow thor, and then i'll have 3/3/5....Does it worth it to invest 5000 HP and 365 000 with her. I don't know what to do with my HP, except for buying the last covers i need for a character. The other 4* are unreachable for now, and i wonder if 4*Thor/4*Xforce is a good PvP duo (with the third)...I actually play Xforce with IF, wich works pretty well...Do you thing it woth it ? will i improve my PvP score with those 2 ?

Thanks if you can help me and give me some advices icon_e_wink.gif
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    she is still strong but not as imba as prof x or imhb after the nerf. you can build a luke thor IF team or xforce thor loki or IF team. other than the one i specified im not sure who goes along with her
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been playing with her a bit at just 5/1/5 lvl 225 - and I'd have to say she's still a very strong character. Her red does exponentially more damage as the battle goes on, and I find I often have charged red / blue matches available.

I think the problem is because she was so powerful before the nerf (I never got to use her but can imagine) - people were shocked after she was crippled so much. She's not exactly a challenging character in defence, but she still seems pretty fast (with boosts) in finishing matches - not to mention that having a 3 turn stun can be the ultimate difference.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hate to be the cynical jerk, but D3 has made its money off this character. Now is the era of Hulkbuster and Carnage until they decide to nerf them. Then on to the next and so on and so on.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have just started playing with her and quite a decent character.im thinking 445 has any1 got stats for that build?