**** Thor (Goddess of Thunder) ****

Options

Comments

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know I'm 2 years late to the party - but just got my first taste of what a boosted 4Thor (2/2/4) can do when paired with IM40, and it was most impressive! - must be even more amazing once Red gets 5 covers

One match I collected 12 Yellows and all recharges resolved - enough for 4 Thor to launch 3 blueflag.png and then 3 redflag.png later and it was over!
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know I'm 2 years late to the party - but just got my first taste of what a boosted 4Thor (2/2/4) can do when paired with IM40, and it was most impressive! - must be even more amazing once Red gets 5 covers

One match I collected 12 Yellows and all recharges resolved - enough for 4 Thor to launch 3 blueflag.png and then 3 redflag.png later and it was over!

No joke...I'm pretty late to the party, too. I just got mine championed about a week ago, and this is my first experience with her boosted. But with IM40 and Black Bolt, she took down a 32k Demolisher in one hit with Smite. The damage potential is just absurd.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yep, her with BB is nasty but if you do not have him try Chulk he is a great partner as well, their colors don't overlap and if his black generates a ton of power tiles, you throw in IM-40 in the mix for more speed and watch out. I would love to see all three boosted at the same time.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm gonna champ her in the next couple weeks. I'm sitting at 4/4/5 lvl 250 right now. My black bolt is horribly under covered (1/0/2) but I've got a couple other teams I like running with her.....

vs PVE

Thor
    Hawkguy 3/5/5
    Coulson 4/5/4

matching opponents special tiles gives 2 purple and 2 blue, feeding Coulson's Best Laid Plans and Thor's 
    Power Surge. Best Laid Plans is key to move tiles and get Thors powers firing. Once Hawks blue has fired twice, the 3rd time you get 8 charged tiles to do work with. 

Pvp/sim

Thor
    Coulson 4/5/4
    TAH 5/5/3

Coulson is key. Not just with Best Laid Plans but speeding up TAH's passive. TAH and Thor have lots of HP to keep Coulson clean. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quite an overreaction when she was nerfed huh.

She's still amazing.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm liking her yellow with Hawkguy's black when you need to heal him, too. Takes away all the downside of his power and sets up more charged tiles for her red.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Another team im gonna use.....

Thor
    Coulson 4/5/4
    3* or 5* Starlord 

vs teams that don't place a lot of special tiles. My 5* Starlord only is at 2/1/5 lvl 270. But his yellow and green powers will be invaluable. Especially since his green doesnt hit charged tiles. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm liking her yellow with Hawkguy's black when you need to heal him, too. Takes away all the downside of his power and sets up more charged tiles for her red.
    I think I'd still just rather bring Cho and get 6 charged tiles for 7 black
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed with the use of Cho with Thor; he's a meat shield, hits hard, and creates charged tiles. Cho/IM40/Thor is pretty awesome even if only one is boosted; when 2 of them are (like in Venom Bomb)? It's not quite fair.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I'd still just rather bring Cho and get 6 charged tiles for 7 black
    Perfectly reasonable. I just found myself doing that a bunch during the Loaner Nodes in Venom Bomb when it was the two of them and Ares, so figured it was worth a mention.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus said:
    I champed this one today. Not very pleased with my test-run so far with IM40 and Vulture.
    I don't have Cho yet. 
    I guess she'll be fun together with Lockjaw but he's a future project (only 3 covers so far!).

So, what other team is good to put her in?
    Black Bolt is a very nice partner for her if you have some black covers. Coulson makes charged tiles with his purple. Maybe 3* Storm for her green and yellow - it would make it a bit easier to collect AP.

But still, IM40 is the best partner for her. Try to focus on getting yellow, maybe trying to keep Vulture airborne is distracting you from that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited September 2017
    Options
    mexus said:
    I champed this one today. Not very pleased with my test-run so far with IM40 and Vulture.
    I don't have Cho yet. 
    I guess she'll be fun together with Lockjaw but he's a future project (only 3 covers so far!).

So, what other team is good to put her in?
    Yeah IM40 is an excellent partner for her. Lockjaw might actually make a good third now, since he can use the green from Recharge to create even more charged tiles. TA Hulk is also good, converting 7 Black AP into 6 more Charged tiles

If you can, aim to have 8 Red or 6 Blue (or both) already in your pool before your recharge tiles expire. If you can, you'll have 20 Red and/or 18 Blue, at which point you've won. 

The correct play at that point, is to stun the character that you won't be able to kill with smite, If you have 18 blue AP, stun both characters you won't be killing. Then you have 3 turns to collect enough Red and/or Blue AP to stun and kill again, which shouldn't be too hard with all the charged tiles lying around.

I agree Vulture might be a distraction here, especially since he'll use 10 of your Blue AP every time he goes airborne, which you'd much rather use on an additional Power Surge. (until you run out of tiles to convert to charged, each Power Surge adds 3600 damage to Smite, at 270, on top of the 3-turn stun.)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thoress has been a bit of a unicorn for me and I finally got my 13th cover for her yesterday. Usually my M.O. is to champ 4-stars when the 14th cover comes in but I'm considering making an exception in this case only because I've been sitting on her for so long.

I know she used to be considered among the best of the 4-stars, but is that still true? Is she worth bumping up my champ schedule?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Thoress has been a bit of a unicorn for me and I finally got my 13th cover for her yesterday. Usually my M.O. is to champ 4-stars when the 14th cover comes in but I'm considering making an exception in this case only because I've been sitting on her for so long.

I know she used to be considered among the best of the 4-stars, but is that still true? Is she worth bumping up my champ schedule?
    Ehh... She's fine. Depends who else you have I guess; she badly needs AP gen to fuel herself, or some charged tile support (and probably some red gen anyways). Boosted she's pretty crazy, like most 4*s. But just stuck in a team she has an expensive nuke that doesn't even really deliver unless you used Power Surge first.
  • hopper1979
    Options
    On the right team she is still a beast and probably one of the scariest boosted 4's.  She is a little slow and to really shine you need somebody to generate charged tiles (that is why you see IM40 and Cho suggested as good partners so often) for these reasons she is probably not in the top 10 4's anymore but she is close and still very good.  Again, when boosted she is a beast, you can compete with a maxed 5 star team easily when she is boosted.  I cant say I use her much in pve because of her speed but she is solid there as well especially in boss fights.  She is worth leveling.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    I’ve run her with a couple other characters other than im40 and BB with decent results.....

Thor
    5* Starlord
    Lockjaw

Thor
    5* Starlord
    Mockingbird

• hopper1979
    Options
    Starlord would work well with her.  Her yellow is her weakest power and his best plus his green does not destroy charged tiles which is nice.  I would like to try Lockjaw with her but I just don't have him covered enough to do it but I would throw in somebody to generate attack/strik/defense tiles as the third so Lockjaw absorbs as much damage as possible she does have a tendency to get beat up in matches.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using her with IM40 and Vulture...they're the AA Battery team.  It's frightening how quickly the matches end once you get six yellow or six black.  You just need to make sure that you do all of your stunning before Vulture goes airborne, or you lose 10 Blue.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    I've been using her with IM40 and Vulture...they're the AA Battery team.  It's frightening how quickly the matches end once you get six yellow or six black.  You just need to make sure that you do all of your stunning before Vulture goes airborne, or you lose 10 Blue.
    Yeah, I think I'd rather just have TA Hulk to convert 7 Black into 6 charged tiles, at that point. 1 Red AP per turn, over 2 turns is just not that exciting.That's an extra Smite after 10 turns.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aha, but Jaedenkaal, the blue that Vulture generates makes for some extra stunning and lots more charged tiles. Many of these will also be red, so that you can gather them and Smite again quite quickly. 
    As I like to say, "Ooh, that Smite hurt a bit."