**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She has pretty good synergy with Human Torch and Psylocke. She's a really good tank and useful on nodes where you take a lot of unavoidable damage (that IF Falcon Hitman node I tackled with IW twice during the grind down), her only problem is that she is so damn slow. Matches take about twice as long to complete and she takes forever to heal (around 10 hours from downed I think).

I think I'd usually prefer Torch's green of hers and Psylocke's blue can be useful when you have more than enough defense tiles out. Plug in some type of purple user and you're good to go.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been thinking about who to run her with, now that I finally got mine maxed at 270. (5/4/4).

I've been looking at Deadpool, Cyclops, and Ms. Marvel for various reasons. I think Ms. Marvel is the way to go, just for stretchiness to feed the bubble shattering and her "best" ability to keep the team alive.

It does leave Red & Black functionally useless by using her, but my team of Widow/Spidey had glaring holes and it didn't matter because it always a "focus on pink pink pink then sniper the world" type of team.

Just wondering if anybody's had any feelings of moderate success with her as of yet and with who.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like to pair her with patch. You can lock all the purple tiles before firing Patch's green, not giving your opponent any strike tiles. You get both protect and strike tile for this team, and I think it's the fastest way to deal with enemy's strike tile that Patch creates.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ShazamFTW wrote:
    I've been thinking about who to run her with, now that I finally got mine maxed at 270. (5/4/4).

I've been looking at Deadpool, Cyclops, and Ms. Marvel for various reasons. I think Ms. Marvel is the way to go, just for stretchiness to feed the bubble shattering and her "best" ability to keep the team alive.

It does leave Red & Black functionally useless by using her, but my team of Widow/Spidey had glaring holes and it didn't matter because it always a "focus on pink pink pink then sniper the world" type of team.

Just wondering if anybody's had any feelings of moderate success with her as of yet and with who.

Well as one guy suggested, berserker then wrapping enemy tiles work. I used loki for illusions after that since locked tiles dont move. Then I continue to store black and green. I only crush them when I have enough for trickery. Its not a fast game by any measure. Throw in a few invisibility in between and i usually dont take much dmg. Her shields are quite good
  • Unknown
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    I like to pair her with patch. You can lock all the purple tiles before firing Patch's green, not giving your opponent any strike tiles. You get both protect and strike tile for this team, and I think it's the fastest way to deal with enemy's strike tile that Patch creates.

was think of falcon a third, so even when a bubble breaks you can deal with it. YOu tried that before?
  • dkffiv
    Options
    theapropos wrote:
    himatako wrote:

was think of falcon a third, so even when a bubble breaks you can deal with it. YOu tried that before?

You really want 2 damage dealers with her because she has virtually no offensive capabilities - if the board is dry on green you're going to be doing a whole lot of nothing. Blade is a good third as you'll have offense on purple / black / green / (red) and defense on blue + yellow. Human Torch is decent option, adding a faster red and black but giving up purple.
  • himatako
    Options
    theapropos wrote:
    himatako wrote:

Yeah, as dkffiv suggested, you want another damage dealer. IW creates many powerful protect tiles anyway, I don't think you need Falcon's yellow to help.

This might sound funny, but I actually enjoyed using Quicksilver as the third character quite a bit during the Ultron event. The combo go as follow:

1.) Use IW's blue to lock all purple
    2.) Use Patch's green
    3.) Use Quicksilver low cost skills if possible
    4.) Making a blue match to fire Quicksilver's boosted AOE + unlocking all purple tiles.

Using Quicksilver's black to make a blue match and complete step 3 and 4 at the same time is great too.

Anyway, not the best team, but it was fun to play!
  • Unknown
    Options
    himatako wrote:
    theapropos wrote:
    himatako wrote:

Yeah, as dkffiv suggested, you want another damage dealer. IW creates many powerful protect tiles anyway, I don't think you need Falcon's yellow to help.

This might sound funny, but I actually enjoyed using Quicksilver as the third character quite a bit during the Ultron event. The combo go as follow:

1.) Use IW's blue to lock all purple
    2.) Use Patch's green
    3.) Use Quicksilver low cost skills if possible
    4.) Making a blue match to fire Quicksilver's boosted AOE + unlocking all purple tiles.

Using Quicksilver's black to make a blue match and complete step 3 and 4 at the same time is great too.

Anyway, not the best team, but it was fun to play!

Er, falcon is to deal with berserker, in case your bubble breaks. Why I advocate his yellow?
  • himatako
    Options
    His blue is way too slow to deal with enemy's strike tiles Patch creates. Also, if you lock all purple tiles BEFORE you use berserker, no enemy strike tile will be created anyway. So it doesn't matter if your bubbles break.

His purple just creates more protect tiles, which is already covered by IW'S yellow and blue. From these reasons, the only thing he brings to the table is his yellow, so I thought that's why you want him in the team. I also overlooked the part where you mention dealing with bubbles break. Sorry about that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    From running Blade and IW I find that ironically, locking red tiles is quite effective when playing Blade and IW. Normally the problem is once you get Blade going you'll have an awful a lot of easy red matches and it's very dangerous to just let all those red matches sit there if an enemy has a strong red power. If there are say 11 red tiles and you locked 4 of them, it's going to be awfully hard for anybody to make more red matches if you picked those 4 red tiles right. Sure you only get 7 instead of 11 but any match 3 would normally take out 3 of your strike tiles already, so you're not losing as much as you think and if they have a strong red while you lack a red power (neither IW/Blade has a red so it's more likely you won't have a strong red) then it is advantageous to you that nobody can be making a red match easily. The locked tiles still count toward triggering the passive, though of course you don't get the benefit of any strike tiles that are locked.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I somehow doubt the locked tiles count towards triggering Blade's passive, if locked Blue tiles will deny regeneration to Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    I somehow doubt the locked tiles count towards triggering Blade's passive, if locked Blue tiles will deny regeneration to Daken.

Hmm, just tested it on some goons only and it looks like locked tiles don't count, so I must have had a lot more red tiles than I thought that was on the board.

Still, it's not a bad idea to lock an available matchable red 3 with Blade available, because it usually doesn't take very long for the computer to take the match 3 and then you lose 3 strike tiles and probably have a Headbutt/Rampage/Supernova/Photon Blast coming your way soon. Photon Blast hurts a ton in a board that's favorable to Blade too. I think I had a board with 2 available red match 3s and 4 of them were strike tiles and I figure keeping 4 is better than none.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If the locked tiles would still be beneficial to/active for the team, IW would definitely become a top tier character.

On the other hand, her current status makes doable some interesting (although not massively exploitable) tactics with passive skills that generate tiles: luke cage, IF, and S.W.

You lock the tile, wait for the character to produce another one, and then unlock the locked ones for additional effects. By the way, this is the only argument in favor of 5-5-3: you just want to unlock the tiles, without causing cascades, in order to prevent the destruction of the locked tile itself.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    donietsche wrote:
    If the locked tiles would still be beneficial to/active for the team, IW would definitely become a top tier character.

On the other hand, her current status makes doable some interesting (although not massively exploitable) tactics with passive skills that generate tiles: luke cage, IF, and S.W.

You lock the tile, wait for the character to produce another one, and then unlock the locked ones for additional effects. By the way, this is the only argument in favor of 5-5-3: you just want to unlock the tiles, without causing cascades, in order to prevent the destruction of the locked tile itself.

That is an interesting tactic. Have you tested it with one of those characters to see if it works? I've been considering switching to 5/3/5 since I rarely need the 4th bubble and with only 3 you know exactly which ones will explode when using her green.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    donietsche wrote:

That is an interesting tactic. Have you tested it with one of those characters to see if it works? I've been considering switching to 5/3/5 since I rarely need the 4th bubble and with only 3 you know exactly which ones will explode when using her green.

yup. Tested it once again in PVE against Hulk, with IF/LC/IW. I created an invisible tile with IW yellow, waited for 7 blue and then locked the protect/invisible tiles (from IW), and LC/IF tiles as well.

LC and IF dropped two other special tiles the following turn.

I fired green, and luckily the locked tiles survived the cascade.

So, here I am with two protect tiles from LC, two IF tiles, invisibility and an additional protect from IW!

It's not exactly the fastest tactic, given the cost of green.

True, the fourth bubble gets somewhat in the way: it's possible that you won't unlock all the tiles you want (because IW will unlock/blast only three of them, and more often than not you'll be forced to lock a normal "useless" tile).

Personally, I still want to keep blue at five, the ability to lock any kind of tile, including the bombs created by Ultron type of enemies (which, I guess, will become standard in future PVE events) and Weelchair Charlie/IW invisibility is TOO good...

Of course, the locked tiles will be inactive, until you fire green.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    So the way the yellow works. If you use it and then have her (or the 'weakest' person on your team) make a match and go in front, does it work like hawkeye, and shunt the damage elsewhere, or does the damage just disappear?

Invisibility works as follows: The target jumps out of the way and the next person steps up to take the damage - if all potential targets are invisible the damage is negated unless its AoE. If its the beginning of a match and only the person turning people invisible (IW or Professor X) has been making moves, it goes to the person 2 positions behind them. If IW/PX is center, it would go to the third target. After the target is invisible, you default to the last person who made a match or cast a move. If IW dies the invisibility tiles disappear, I don't believe this was the case previously.

I noticed that Venom's AoE stun counts as three separate individual casts so it misses invis targets.
  • dkffiv
    Options
    So after playing with her a decent amount in the last PvE, IW still sucks.

yellowflag.png Maybe its bias but I find it much more difficult to keep her invisible tile up than PX's. It think its mostly due to yellow being a higher priority target for the AI usually. I don't think the invis tile should disappear when IW dies. Decent move but not a high priority one.

blueflag.png Blue is really good, the lock down can usually come in handy and the defense tile is useful. Both this and yellow suffer from being random tiles but blue is definitely her best move.

greenflag.png Green sucks and its because its completely worthless without having blue up first (unless for some strange reason you're playing her with/against Quicksilver). Its honestly either a 19 or 24 AP nuke for 6k damage, which is terrible. I also really dislike that you lock 4 tiles with blue and it blows up 3 of them so there's a chance the thing you're trying to blow up will survive. AP cost probably needs to get dropped to 9 and the damage should be lowered to something like 2400 +700 per force bubble destroyed (if we're keeping it in line with its current damage ratio). Assuming you got the force bubbles for free, its 531 damage to AP ratio + somewhat random tile destruction (335 damage to AP if you cost it at 19). For a legendary with a single offensive move that's really expensive, I think it should do around 9k damage if its going to cost 12.

Blue is good but not game breaking, yellow is mediocre, green is terrible.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The whole problem is that in a vacuum, the entire character depends on green being at least ok. But it's not. It's so far from ok.

Blue is fine as a tool, but it should be a secondary power that you leave at 3 but will use semi often, like blade black. As it is, you can't really justify fielding her over, say, Beast. And this physically hurt me to type.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How dare you doubt IW.

Who else could have gone from this...
    olqbRufm.jpg
    ...to this...
    WCb0XIAm.png

And in a mere 35 minutes! Killing Daken was a challenge because his heal rate was higher than my match damage, and Bullseye's protect tiles made it even worse. It would take about 20-25 turns to build up enough blue AP to strategically lock tiles and blow them up with green to do some damage, and then I'd start all over again.

About 20 minutes in, I lost invis for one turn due to a match 4, but was lucky Daken had no Blue AP stored up (and I had a couple of protect tiles in play). He must have used that power a hundred times on an invisible me. The fool!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    So after playing with her a decent amount in the last PvE, IW still sucks.

yellowflag.png Maybe its bias but I find it much more difficult to keep her invisible tile up than PX's. It think its mostly due to yellow being a higher priority target for the AI usually. I don't think the invis tile should disappear when IW dies. Decent move but not a high priority one.

blueflag.png Blue is really good, the lock down can usually come in handy and the defense tile is useful. Both this and yellow suffer from being random tiles but blue is definitely her best move.

greenflag.png Green sucks and its because its completely worthless without having blue up first (unless for some strange reason you're playing her with/against Quicksilver). Its honestly either a 19 or 24 AP nuke for 6k damage, which is terrible. I also really dislike that you lock 4 tiles with blue and it blows up 3 of them so there's a chance the thing you're trying to blow up will survive. AP cost probably needs to get dropped to 9 and the damage should be lowered to something like 2400 +700 per force bubble destroyed (if we're keeping it in line with its current damage ratio). Assuming you got the force bubbles for free, its 531 damage to AP ratio + somewhat random tile destruction (335 damage to AP if you cost it at 19). For a legendary with a single offensive move that's really expensive, I think it should do around 9k damage if its going to cost 12.

Blue is good but not game breaking, yellow is mediocre, green is terrible.

Please keep in mind the boardshake that greenflag.png creates when evaluating the skill. 3 bubbles blowing up does change the board a lot and the damage is actually better than a lot of other similar green skills (X-Force, R&G). It's costly and it's slow to setup but you basically will kill/get to low health the target when you use greenflag.png.

The whole problem of 3 tiles blown up vs 4 bubble can be solved easily. Just put 2 bubbles next to whatever tile you MUST blow up, problem solved.