**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I wouldn't even take her to 200.

I lvled mine to like 180 and regret the ISO spent. Her dmg on green will go up, her blue shields and yellow shields will go up, but her playstyle and issues will remain unchanged. Green is WAY too expensive in terms of total AP for the dmg dealt, and her green is better used elsewhere. Bubbling tiles to get rid of them is a nice idea, but either you could have done somethign better with the AP gathering, or even if you fall into blue, with the way cascades are now, the last thing you want is got Groot's strike tiles to 'pop back up' when the bubble burst...I find bubbling near and popping to be more effective rea;lly...but its super expensive even after adjustments.

She's a trophy to say "I played the game this long". she's a step up on DD.
    - Unreall
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't even take her to 200.

I lvled mine to like 180 and regret the ISO spent. Her dmg on green will go up, her blue shields and yellow shields will go up, but her playstyle and issues will remain unchanged. Green is WAY too expensive in terms of total AP for the dmg dealt, and her green is better used elsewhere. Bubbling tiles to get rid of them is a nice idea, but either you could have done somethign better with the AP gathering, or even if you fall into blue, with the way cascades are now, the last thing you want is got Groot's strike tiles to 'pop back up' when the bubble burst...I find bubbling near and popping to be more effective rea;lly...but its super expensive even after adjustments.

She's a trophy to say "I played the game this long". she's a step up on DD.
    - Unreall
    I try to use as much of my roster as possible, at least when buffed, so I don't think I'd really regret the ISO investment. I don't really have anything of consequence to invest in at the moment anyway - as I mentioned, almost all my threestars are fully leveled and all fourstars except Invisible Woman and Devil Dinosaur are softcapped waiting for more covers. It's really just a matter of how much ISO I want to sink into her at this point, whether that is 0 or 200K.
  • Unknown
    Options
    save the ISO for when you get covers hahaha.

Like I had my IW fully covered before her buff and knowing a buff was coming decided to pump her up. She's better than she was, but by no means does she feel 'usable'. I question if even buffed she is worth anything. Others do defense better and others do offense better. She's not high health. She's not scary.
    - Unreall
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm less in a hurry to level her now that the second sub is going on. Scarlet Witch + Cyclops covers all colors anyway and can make mince meat of the enemies in her essential node in no time, so there's no real need to level her right now. May reconsider once I see who gets boosted in sub 3 though... Hoping for Cage or possibly Captain Marvel. icon_e_smile.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I'm less in a hurry to level her now that the second sub is going on. Scarlet Witch + Cyclops covers all colors anyway and can make mince meat of the enemies in her essential node in no time, so there's no real need to level her right now. May reconsider once I see who gets boosted in sub 3 though... Hoping for Cage or possibly Captain Marvel. icon_e_smile.gif

IW sucks and I never use her. Had a friendly competition where we were seeing if I could max IW before an alliancemate could finish Xforce or 4hor (pre boost and pre nerf respectively) and I won. Tried using her a few times against Ultron but it wasn't great. I'd take Beast or Groot over her any day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ironically, Ultron is the one time she felt usable to me...get blue and plug up the top row...no more bombs. One call of blue would lock down half the board.
    - Unreall
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now please don't laugh....but she actually makes Quicksilver pretty solid.

Yeah I know, but for 7 blue, you just need to wait until a blue match presents itself, create 4 tiles, match blue and you just did 2K AoE dmg. What sucks is that you can't use IW's green to blow up his locked tiles. I think she's a decent 4* character but she is PvE 100%
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had a lot of fun with her as my first (and only) cover-maxed three star. I've kept her at level 166, and even there she can be pretty strong. At 5/3/5 she'll place over 600 points worth of protect tiles with her yellow, in addition to her invisibility tile. The trick to her blue and green is to only use green after blue - you *never* want to lock a special enemy tile, except in extreme desperation. You lock the tiles around them (and at 5/3/5, you place three, and blow up three), then blow them up with green for around 6,000 damage. She's a lot of fun in DDQ - I've blown up over nine enemy countdowns, dealt 6,000 damage, all the while while protecting all of my own special tiles, with properly placed bubbles + force field crush.

Invisible Woman/Blade/Falcon is a lot of fun for DDQ. Sadly, she's possibly the worst possible defensive option in PvP, as the A.I. has no clue how to properly use *any* of her abilities.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I only use IW for DDQ4 and 5/3/5 is I think the better build. It allows you more certainty in knowing what tiles will be destroyed by not created one additional locked tile that has to be dealt with. You can knowingly eliminate 3 corner tiles for example. And you don't miss out on any extra damage either because even if green destroys all 4 locked tiles, damage is only done by the 3 that are targeted.
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I found that the following team works quite well: 5/3/5 IW with XDeapool and the Hood.
    IW hides the Hood, and gives out protect tiles
    the Hood slows down enemy's attack, and steals AP for own use,
    XDP protects team member, sets up bomb and regenerates himself.
    It can stand some slow 4* team.

IW has interesting powers but they are slightly over-costed. Really wish her invisible power and force field crush be strengthened, like below?

Grant Invisibility - Cost: 8 Yellow AP
    The Invisible Woman hides herself. Converts a random basic 2 round Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile. While it’s on the board, the invisible character can’t be targeted.
    Level 2. Creates a protect tile of 60.
    Level 3. Hides herself and the weakest members of the team for 2 rounds.
    Level 4. Creates a random bubble.
    Level 5. Hides all team members for 2 rounds.

Force Bubbles - Remains unchanged

Force Field Crush - Cost: 10 Green AP
    Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 3 random Force Bubbles. Does not generate AP. Each Force Bubble deals 30 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 3 in random locations.
    Level 2. Deals 134 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
    Level 3. Deals 240 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
    Level 4. Deals 256 damage, destroys 4 Force Bubbles and the tiles surrounding them.
    Level 5. Deals 256 damage to the whole enemy team.
    Max Level: Deals 508 damage per unlocked Force Bubble to the enemy whole team.
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    So I shouldn't feel bad if I get rid of IW to make room for another slot? (I currently have Thing, ProfX, and Spider Woman in my queue which will be expiring in a few days)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So I shouldn't feel bad if I get rid of IW to make room for another slot? (I currently have Thing, ProfX, and Spider Woman in my queue which will be expiring in a few days)

Wait until the last second to sell her if you do. They might announce a buff for her soon since she is definitely one of the worst 4 stars. If she has more than a couple covers, keep her over a single cover of another 4 star. Also, stop opening legendary tokens when you don't have enough HP for roster slots.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As it seems there might be a chance again for reworks of little used characters... icon_e_smile.gif

Yellow - the biggest change. Giving her a passive invisibility for herself and the ability to target the ally she's making invisible (as an active part of the power).

Grant Invisibility - Cost: 8 Yellow AP
    The Invisible Woman hides one selected member of the team turning them invisible for a turn.
    (PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, if the team has at least 7 Yellow AP and one does not already exist, Susan converts a random basic Yellow tile into an Invisibility tile targetting her. If the tile is destroyed in any way, drain 4 Yellow AP from exertion.
      Level 2. Makes an ally invisible for 2 turns. Level 3. Drains 3 Yellow AP. Level 4. Makes an ally invisible for 3 turns. Level 5. Creates the Invisibilty tile if there are fewer than two of them. Drains 2 Yellow AP.

Blue - no need to tweak anything here.
    Force Bubbles - Cost: 7 Blue AP
    Susan focuses her power to lock the enemy down and save the team. Locks 2 chosen basic tiles in Force Bubbles before creating a Blue Protect tile of strength 64.
      Level 2. Locks 3 selected basic tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 86. Level 3. Can Lock Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles. Level 4. Locks 4 selected tiles and makes a protect tile of strength 107. Level 5. Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 127.
    Max Level: Locks 4 selected tiles of any type and makes a protect tile of strength 252.
    Green - just minor tweaks here. Crushing bubbles doesn't destroy friendly tiles, and firing this without bubbles costs just 5 green (but you still need 10 to use it - think Torch's Fireball).

Force Field Crush - Cost: 10 Green AP
    Invisible Woman shatters the tiles surrounding 2 random Force Bubbles destroying any Basic and enemy Special tiles. Does not generate AP. Each Force Bubble deals 64 damage and is unlocked (but not destroyed). If there are no Force Bubbles, she creates 2 in random locations and generates 5 Green AP.
      Level 2. Deals 283 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. Level 3. Deals 503 damage per unlocked Force Bubble. Level 4. Destroys 3 Force Bubbles and the tiles surrounding them. If there are no locked tiles, makes 3. Level 5. Deals 1070 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
    Max Level: Deals 2123 damage per unlocked Force Bubble.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Finally, some sense to the underrated IW.
    Please update the actual stats soon.

A question, who retained her during 3-4 * transition????
  • AlphaNik
    AlphaNik Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    please please please make her useful
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Blue might be better at lower covers so that blue->green will do the big damage on its first cast.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So If I understand it correctly, if there are more than 4 bubbles there is no max limit now. So, If there are 10, it will do 12450? And also curious that if you just have 4 bubbles you do less damage than with 3 (4*1250=5k vs 8299). Green encourages you to fire at 3 or less and then wait to fire it again until you have 6+ bubbles in the board.

Blue strikes are nice, 540 in strikes for 8 AP is decent.

At long last, her yellow is at least as good as other invisibility powers.

All in all she is much much better than before. Same mechanics but quite improved. I don't know how useful she will be, but when buffed she looks quite strong.

PS: It is a lot of AP but Green+Blue+Green is really deadly now.
  • Smiley77
    Options
    You aren't accounting for the fact that now you return the bubble to a normal tile. It loses whatever ability the tile had after you fire green with four or more bubbles on board.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, in order to get max damage you'll have to fight an opponent that uses special tiles (to get best use out of Blue), but that is common.