**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    The rankings I've seen call her high middle tier. In my experience she's great, but I'm just starting the four star transition. She's one of the three four stars I've got fully covered and thus championed. I'm using her with an undercovered Star Lord and three star Cyclops to clear goon nodes, with five covers in blue and green and only three in yellow. Her green does twice the damage of Cyclops' red, and her blue both speeds up my damage and slows down the mobs. She's definitely better than Elektra, and on par with x-force wolverine, my other two.

Between her blue and Star Lord's pink, I hardly ever get hit by the countdown tiles.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Her utility at dealing with goon countdowns is decent, but I'd field jean over her for that purpose 100% of the time. So that argument doesn't really sell her for me. But yeah, if you don't have jean (or spiderwoman), she's probably a strong contender for that role.
  • Spiritclaw
    VizMantis wrote:
    Her utility at dealing with goon countdowns is decent, but I'd field jean over her for that purpose 100% of the time. So that argument doesn't really sell her for me. But yeah, if you don't have jean (or spiderwoman), she's probably a strong contender for that role.

That's why I made the disclaimer about being in transition. My Jean is 2/3/1 and my Spider-Woman is 1/0/0. For me, a championed Invisible Woman is fantastic. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:

The issue is with the 4 tier and any in game, its hard to discuss the game as "use this" when there's no guarantee you have all 40+ 4 stars covered and ready to go.
  • VizMantis
    Yes, of course. Like I said, "good against goons" is a totally valid argument for her usefulness. And I did neglect to mention it in my "analysis". I'm just saying, coming from a "should I spend 300k iso to champ her" standpoint, that aspect doesn't sell her for me.

Let's assume all 4*s are on the table. Does she have a particularly strong partner that elevates her to a higher quality level (think gwen/miles, xfw/xfdp, etc)? Does everyone generally agree that anti-goon is her best use?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis wrote:
    Let's assume all 4*s are on the table. Does she have a particularly strong partner that elevates her to a higher quality level (think gwen/miles, xfw/xfdp, etc)? Does everyone generally agree that anti-goon is her best use?
    I like using her with Elektra because the two of them have active abilities in all six colors. Plus, the strike tiles that Elektra throws out can be bubbled by IW's blue. It's not as good as the synergies you mention above, but they do work well together. Throw in Hood as #3 for AP denial (the women tank for him unless Hood is boosted) and it's rare you'll get hit with anything.

You could also use her with Mr Fantastic and Thing to get 2 extra Green AP every time Imaginaut is triggered. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    she is currently boosted and I am actively avoiding her in PVP as she hits crazy hard while being quite resilient with Invisiblility...

the only redeeming factor being the Punisher AoE.... but very much consider her a real threat.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Gmax101 wrote:
    she is currently boosted and I am actively avoiding her in PVP as she hits crazy hard while being quite resilient with Invisiblility...

the only redeeming factor being the Punisher AoE.... but very much consider her a real threat.

I don't. I still hit her every time I see her with my Carnage/Punisher team. Invisibility is meaningless with boosted AOE characters this week.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    VizMantis wrote:

I'm getting some good mileage out of Sue, Starlord and IM40. Especially because the AI seems to frequently fire off a team up right after recharge goes off. I have gobs of AP and Sue gets a discount on all of her powers from Starlord.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2017
    sambrookjm wrote:
    I like using her with Elektra because the two of them have active abilities in all six colors. Plus, the strike tiles that Elektra throws out can be bubbled by IW's blue. It's not as good as the synergies you mention above, but they do work well together. Throw in Hood as #3 for AP denial (the women tank for him unless Hood is boosted) and it's rare you'll get hit with anything.
    You could also use her with Mr Fantastic and Thing to get 2 extra Green AP every time Imaginaut is triggered. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    IW has been crushing again in the Oscorp PvE, so I thought I would expand on her use with Elektra. Besides the great rainbow, getting IW invisible means that you can ensure that Elektra is back in front after ANY match (Hood or 3*Falcon remain tanked behind), so watch your character positioning. Typically side-step is difficult because you need to have a match available that keeps her in front.

Therefore, have 5 in Elektra black for her sidestep, and with strikes out, ballet of death running, and the boosting of specials or stealing of AP - goons or Juggs get pummeled from all the side-stepping. Save Elektra purple to fire twice in a row to steal/boost the enemy strikes, or certainly you will have plenty if Daken is there with Juggs.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Man, IW has been a really great ally during recent events. Since most players are using buffed X-23 and 4* Cyclops, which are all high single target damage dealer, her yellow is really effective and has saved my team so many times.

I use X-23, 3* Wolverine and IW and since Wolverine is buffed, he will tank on yellow, allowing you to collect yellow without hurting IW. You just need to time when to use IW's yellow right. All of the enemy's attack are useless against invisibility, and none of them can do team damage so I'm safe most of the time. It's really satisfying seeing Cyclop's wasting red and blue ap. You can even safely match X-23's trap tiles. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also, I haven't seen this written anywhere yet, but her yellow can "cure" stun. It seems like a character cannot be both invisible and stun at the same time, and invisible has higher priority that stun. This means when you cast "Grant Invisibility", your stunned team members will become active again right away. Pretty situational but can get you out of a tight spot when the character you really wanna fire their power are stunned.
  • undrtaker
    undrtaker Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Is AOE supposed to hit her and the rest of the party when invisible?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes. AOE and randomly-targeted attacks (like Moonsilver Blades or Chekov's Gun) will still hit an invisible team.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Yes. AOE and randomly-targeted attacks (like Moonsilver Blades or Chekov's Gun) will still hit an invisible team.
    And also Goon AOEs like "flamethrower" or "Rocket launcher"... found that out the hard way on her Oscorp Heroic essential node... ouchies!

So with the bonus cover from Oscorp, I decided to Champ her... seems like 5/3/5 is the new preferred build (unless you're against a special tile spammer like Carnage or OML).... then maybe 3/5/5.
  • Spiritclaw
    alaeth wrote:
    seems like 5/3/5 is the new preferred build (unless you're against a special tile spammer like Carnage or OML).... then maybe 3/5/5.

5/3/5 is also good if you want strike tiles. Really, though, you should switch her around based on who her teammates are. I run her with 3* Cyclops and Star Lord, and generally find the yellow ap more useful when Cyclops spends it.
  • VizMantis
    I can't imagine why 5/3/5 would ever be preferred. All that 5th yellow does is increase the protect tile strength to unnecessarily high levels.

Seems like the choice is 4/4/5 if you want to invis your entire team. Or 3/5/5 if you want more/better strike tiles and don't really care about invis.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Looks like this needs an update. The first post doesn't accurately describe her abilities anymore, so it's misleading to think that 5/3/5 is still the next best build based on "popular vote". Almost didn't catch that until I actually read what it says about her powers.

I've got her at 4/4/5 currently, but 3/5/5 is viable too. Her green is still the only damage kicker, so you def want that at 5. It actually does MORE damage if you have don't have any force bubbles out when you activate it. The condition for it to kick out the nuke level damage is for you to have less than 4 bubbles, and then it will arbitrarily create 4. If you already have 4+ out, it then it removes them and does about 1K+ per bubble. So if you want to maximize her damage output, its actually better to try and fire her green off twice. Her blue will only place bubbles around special tiles and CDs, so if there's less than 3-4 of those on the board then it isn't worth it to use her blue until there is. The strike tiles are nice, but that shouldn't be your only reason for using her blue - the point is to nullify the enemy's special tiles/countdowns. So again, its better to fire her green once to get those free 4 bubbles, fire her blue to create another 3-4, THEN fire her green again to do another 9K+ damage.

Her yellow at 5 simply makes stronger protects, and her blue at 5 adds another bubble and another strike. It'll probably be best to play around 3/5/5 and 4/4/5 depending on the team you bring her with, but bringing her yellow to 5 just for extra protect strength definitely isn't worth it.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker

Her yellow at 5 simply makes stronger protects, and her blue at 5 adds another bubble and another strike. It'll probably be best to play around 3/5/5 and 4/4/5 depending on the team you bring her with, but bringing her yellow to 5 just for extra protect strength definitely isn't worth it.
    Just champed her and i think that i will go with a 4/4/5 just because that you make ALL allies invissible, not just 1 random. And i think thats very usefull especially when fooling around in PvE with 5* Black Panthern :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, mine's been that way for a the entire time. The bump in Strike strength from 4 to 5 covers is definitely noticeable, but I've never been able to convince myself to give up the utility of full-team invisibility.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow...no comments in a year and a half in this thread.  Super thread necro!!

A nice little feature of her Invisibility I ran into today.  I was playing the Fantastic Four node (Invisible Woman, Mr F and Thing) in the Ticket to Nowhere day for Cosmic Chaos.  My 5-star Thanos had his Purple ability out, so no changes could be made to the board.  Invisible Woman cast her Invisibility.  No invisibility tiles or protect tiles showed up on the board, which is what I expected.  However, both Mr F and Thing each turned invisible, while Invisible Woman remained visible.  I guess turning your other team members does not rely on the original Invisibility tile showing up in the first place?

It didn't matter much, since my Gladiathor had enough green next turn to cast his AoE and take everyone out anyway, invisible or not.  But it's still another good-to-know about oddity of the game.