**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 4/4/5 @ 166 and is quite usable. At that level her Green does 1805 per bubble destroyed (the max at 270 is 2123) so that is completely acceptable. But it seems like you really need to get to 5 Green covers if you want to get a good amount of damage from her.Or if you can get to 5 Blue she'd be really good in PvE because at that level she can lock Countdowns and you get a cheap protect tile as a bonus. So I'm not sure she is really worth leveling at 3/3/1.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's 3/5/5 270 and I haven't touched her since the patch. I'll give her a few tries during the PvE grind down tonight but my gut feeling is she's still pretty bad.
  • rixmith wrote:
    Mine is 4/4/5 @ 166 and is quite usable. At that level her Green does 1805 per bubble destroyed (the max at 270 is 2123) so that is completely acceptable. But it seems like you really need to get to 5 Green covers if you want to get a good amount of damage from her.Or if you can get to 5 Blue she'd be really good in PvE because at that level she can lock Countdowns and you get a cheap protect tile as a bonus. So I'm not sure she is really worth leveling at 3/3/1.
    ok thx
    dkffiv wrote:
    Mine's 3/5/5 270 and I haven't touched her since the patch. I'll give her a few tries during the PvE grind down tonight but my gut feeling is she's still pretty bad.

don't blow my high icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I took some tiny nodes with my level 111 invisible woman and my 2 blue covered bagsilver, just to see how it went. She feels a lot more useful to me now, I'll probably look for chances to use her in the future. She's not going to be in one of my top slots, but I try to use as many characters as I can, and she's capable of contributing now.
  • I wrote a message but I didn't see it so, I write it again, sry
    Is it possible to protect our special tiles with force buble ? or IW locks tiles with no distinctions ?
    It should be a lost with its gameplay if we can't
  • I would hold off on using her until you get more covers. From what I've heard with 4*'s, covers matter more than levels. At minimum I would wait until you were at 3/3/3 to use her since that third cover seems to give some decent bonuses.

My IW is currently at 2/5/5 and I want to experiment with her in PVP and PVE before I level her, just to see if I like her mechanics.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally speaking, very few characters are particularly good until they're close to fully covered. This does kind of suck for the 4*s as it takes forever to cover them, but covers matter more than levels for the most part. One of the real traps 2* players fall into is levelling their 3*s in excess of their 2*s before they're particularly better, and the same is true of 4* to a 3* player.

Heck, even before the nerf X-Force was kind of lackluster unless you had 5 covers in both green and black.
  • dkffiv wrote:

You sir are most likely correct. I was hopeful, but my experience so far at 454 (waiting for that green)...
    Protect tiles are way more useful in this slowed down game we have now. (+)
    Her powers are at usable levels now AP wise (+)
    The dmg and shake up you get from her green is paltry for the AP cost - 19 AP for a single target 6-7k when maxed, feels almost as bad as IM40. Would rather have GSBW (-)
    Lock Tiles affect YOUR AP collecting ability too, slowing you down just as much as your opponent, thus its only good for CD and Strike/Protect tiles(-)
    I'm not even sure how inviz works. I had her on a team @159 w/ a 166 Patch and I think 166 Laken and Patch was the one invizzed. Not even getting into a lvl 166 4* is weaker than a lvl 166 3*, she was lvl wise lower than both, and it was still my regen tank Patch who was hiding(-)

She is glaringly still a support character, her green attack feels more like a "my green user is dead" attack than a preferred attack, but what's worse is she feels like she needs a support character, and you don't really want two support characters (I LAUGH @ Hood/Loki teams). She's GREAT with someone like Falcon, but doens't seem to do well with say Daken or blade, characters who need tile movement to be effective.

Frankly, after the changes went life, and toying with her, I thought about selling ALL my 4*s...
    - Unreall
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't think The Hood should even be considered part of any 'best' team because first, he's pretty overpowered to begin with and second, in a situation where he's broken enough to create a problem all this means is you bring your own The Hood too. So for example Thor (3*) + IW + The Hood, if this team really works, will be matched up against ??? + ??? + The Hood. Then you're basically asking is Thor + IW the best duo in the game, and that seems like a very dubious claim. Sure, Thor is strong and so is IW, but I see no particular synergy there. You'll likely use Invisibility over Thunder Strike, or even some silliness like Thunder Strike into a Force Bubble Crush on an empty board for zero damage which is one of the few Thunder Strike combos that can't decide the game. Note that had you Thunder Strike into Call the Storm that could be done with just Thor himself.
    Your trying to turn reality into some kind of deductive math equation, it doesn't work that way.

First there is still something to be said for chemistry. Yes, Hood boils down to 'AP Steal w/ a huge, high AP dmg power', but how he interacts with other characters on his team is important.

He's low health, even with boost, and his AP steal makes him a big target. When you have other characters who can protect him, he will outlast the other Hood. IW does this through low cost protect tiles and inviz ability. An untargetable Hood is just stupid.

Most folks think of Hood for long drawn out fights, but I find he really excels on teams with low cost moves, when Laken can get his blue off without trying to get blues, it not only helps his regen, but allows you to kill the other Hood quicker.

Also, while Thor/IW may not be the best duo, you re cutting out a portion of fights when the rule is "you have to bring your own Hood/Loki". Before my Hood was worth anything, I didn't like Hood battles and would dance around them unless the fruit was just too big and low hanging for me to ignore. He also disrupts chemistry for the competition, one of my favorite teams is CMags/Falcon/Blade, but the team falls appart BAD if just ONE of those people is replaced.

So you aren't wrong, on the surface - 2 Hood's cancel each other out, but when the fight actually happens, they really don't.
    - Unreall
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    IW/Hood/L Thor sounds like a nightmare team that the AI can't screw up, Hood will always have lowest hp and invis has the lowest cost for yellow virtually ensuring it gets used first

AI will easily screw it up because of the overlapping greens. Not to mention the thing you want most, i.e. Hood invisible, is overwritten by two other yellows. You might get lucky, but more often than not the AI will save for Thunderstrike or Twin Pistols.

IW is much better off protecting Loki. Something like IW/Cpt Marvel/Loki would be especially irritating, but any red/black user with IW/Loki would suffice.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Since I've never used IW, dumb force bubble question, so a special tile while in "locked" status provides no negative or positive benefit right? So CD Tiles do not count down and you can't use this on friendly Countdown tiles like Starlords to artificially extend it.

What about IF's Attack Tile? Could you lock it and then he automatically creates another, lock that, he creates another and then you just pop green and maybe have 3 Attack Tiles rolling? Just trying to see the benefits, not a fan of locked tiles after being forced to use QS, so just trying to understand what other benefits she can provide outside of locking down CD tiles or threaten tiles that can't be matched away easily. Of course, this situation is extreme, but just want to see if it's even possible?
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Scoregasms wrote:
    Since I've never used IW, dumb force bubble question, so a special tile while in "locked" status provides no negative or positive benefit right? So CD Tiles do not count down and you can't use this on friendly Countdown tiles like Starlords to artificially extend it.

What about IF's Attack Tile? Could you lock it and then he automatically creates another, lock that, he creates another and then you just pop green and maybe have 3 Attack Tiles rolling? Just trying to see the benefits, not a fan of locked tiles after being forced to use QS, so just trying to understand what other benefits she can provide outside of locking down CD tiles or threaten tiles that can't be matched away easily. Of course, this situation is extreme, but just want to see if it's even possible?
    Yes, this is possible. I tried locking IF's attack tile before and he just created another one. That was before they changed her blue though. But I doubt they'd change this mechanic so it should still work.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Yes, it's possible. It works exactly as you have described it.
    Since blue is now much cheaper than green and she places one more bubble than she blasts, it's usual to have blue ready when green is. If you want to keep your special tiles, you place bubbles on them then blast them. Or you place them near enemy tiles to destroy them. Or, if you have some enemy CD bubbled already, you can safely blast the bubbles and put a new bubble on any CD that reappears.
    She can counter PX pretty well I believe. At least on offense. It worked for me in Gamora pvp at least, I think I had 4/4 when attacking PX with IW.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    By sheer luck of the draw, my IW is 5/5/2. I stopped her at 170. Her yellowflag.png is great, now.

For 7 AP, it invisibles the lowest level char, and drops 4 str 158 protect.png tiles. It makes Cap's yellowflag.png look absolutely pitiful.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Invis woman prof x psylocke might actually be an a team combo, my invis and psylocke are maxed but wheelchair Charlie is only 152. At some point he'll tank blue and purple, mine was only tanking purple. Rainbow except green is unusable most of the time because it will destroy your tiles. I only have 3 covers in px yellow so I relied on psylocke for strike and attack. Invis kept psy hidden and prof x himself, then built up the defense tiles and went to town.

Elektras black procs and destroys tiles if they're locked which is ****.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    I just beat a fully leveled, full health Devil Dino and Daken with just Invisible Woman, 1/4/3. It took forever but it was fun.

ySu3Rxt.png?1
    To take down Daken, I just locked all the blue tiles and let his health drain down.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    Lacydog69 wrote:
    But you're really going to only fire the yellow once, because you can only hide one person with an invisibility tile.

Not true. If another character's health becomes the lowest, IW will hide them with the next invisibility tile.

I just fought an XF Wolverine with IW and that is not a fight IW wins. Surgical Strike destroys all of the invisibility tiles.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I just fought an XF Wolverine with IW and that is not a fight IW wins. Surgical Strike destroys all of the invisibility tiles.
    Does it destroy them before doing damage? I mean, does IW evades the SS damage then becomes visible or becomes visible then takes SS damage?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    Kolence wrote:
    Does it destroy them before doing damage? I mean, does IW evades the SS damage then becomes visible or becomes visible then takes SS damage?

I believe the SS damage was avoided.
  • So 5/3/5 should be the way to go given that 5 yellow gets the most benefit when maxed and 3 blue takes full advantage of of the blue/green combo right?