**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    The act as if you removed the tile from the board. The tile in general is just considered basic. Countdowns wont tick. Special tiles wont have an effect.
  • The act as if you removed the tile from the board. The tile in general is just considered basic. Countdowns wont tick. Special tiles wont have an effect.

Do locked tiles still count towards Hood's minimum for blueflag.png or Blade's minimum for greenflag.png or Daken's minimum for blackflag.png ?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    blah blah blah... don't really have another use for my iso ...blah blah blah

Ummm...Your Kamala Khan is only level 100, soft cap her to 153, she's good.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    edited April 2015
    Lerysh wrote:
    The act as if you removed the tile from the board. The tile in general is just considered basic. Countdowns wont tick. Special tiles wont have an effect.

Do locked tiles still count towards Hood's minimum for blueflag.png or Blade's minimum for greenflag.png or Daken's minimum for blackflag.png ?
    Let me go check real quick and I'll get back to you but my current thought on that would be no. Haven't actually tried to test that though.

Edit: Yeah, you can choke out Daken with locked tiles. I'm gonna assume it will work the same for Blade which means they are considered Blank Tiles until popped. Probably reason why they don't give AP when popped either.

Edit 2: Also, if you lock Cages or Iron Fists protect/attack tile, it will just create another the following turn. You can guess what that can lead to if you strategically locked your own tile to either protect it from an AI match or to spam it. Also, Redwing shenanigans.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    bubble-locked-web tile ftw
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    It shuts down everything about that tile...effectively making it 'blank'. No specialty tile benefits, no CD ticking, no AP gained from including it in a tile match.

The worst thing about this is that thematically she CAN'T protect your allied tiles. You'd think that putting a bubble around an allied strike tile would keep it going but nope.

It's a shame really, her and Xavier could have become best friends.

1) Cast IW Yellow to generate invis tile/protect tiles and trigger Xaver's yellow passive for attack/strike tiles.
    2) Cast Xaviers Purple for another invis tile.
    3) Cast IW's blue and place bubbles on both invis tiles, the attack tile and the strike tile.
    4) Have Xavier match anything and just win the match in about 10 turns or so. Good game
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    So I tried my 5/2/1 IW and I can't believe it but I actually enjoy using her! Her yellow & blue together can block incoming damage and reduce them to 1 easily. I find myself wanting to lock special tiles, so I feel like I want to upgrade blue.

Being able to fire yellow quicker + green doesn't end the turn anymore really makes a big difference. You can do something like using her blue to lock all tiles around invisible tile, then use her green to deal damage, and quickly cast another Grant Invisibility. She's going to be pretty annoying on defence, especially if you leave her last and you don't have an AOE attack. Spamming yellow also block your opponent from using those tiles (probably good against Black Panther)

She might not be the best, but I think she's much more fun to play than before. Perhaps we can use her blue strategically to force enemy to make a match that we want, possibly activating DD's red trap or something.

One thing I noticed with her Grant Invisibility is that, I could manage to make two of my team members invisible. Is this a bug or is this how it's supposed to work? I did it by activating her yellow one more time when one member had lower health that the one that was already invisible.
  • That's my main problem with her. She invis the weakest member on your team, not herself. As it's cheaper now it might be a strength but ai always matches yellow while prof x's purple tile often gets left alone. Main difference between them is she has an active attack while x depends on buffing tiles.
    I am however looking forward to playtesting her more, she's been on the shelf for a looooooong time now
  • OnesOwnGrief
    himatako wrote:
    From Quicksilver's thread, it appears that her Green doesn't work with Quicksilver's lock tiles. This makes her Blue + Green is the only way to make her combo works.

I wish they would make her breaking more than 3 Force Bubbles for 12 green AP though or keep the cost at 9AP. I mean, for 9 greenAP + 7 blue AP, she'd deal as much damage as what pre-nerfed X-Force used to do for only 8 green AP, no?
    6369 but her other abilities just do nothing but prolong the match. You also don't want to end up in a situation where she's the only person on the field and her invis tile is on the board in a crazy difficult spot you can't reach. You'll have to find a way to clear it before she can be dealt with.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arith wrote:
    That's my main problem with her. She invis the weakest member on your team, not herself. As it's cheaper now it might be a strength but ai always matches yellow while prof x's purple tile often gets left alone. Main difference between them is she has an active attack while x depends on buffing tiles.
    I am however looking forward to playtesting her more, she's been on the shelf for a looooooong time now
    IW has 13k health now and Hood has 5k health. I see a match made in MPQ heaven. You throw in a maxed 3* buffed character with over 10K health and have fun hopping against that.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Arith wrote:
    That's my main problem with her. She invis the weakest member on your team, not herself. As it's cheaper now it might be a strength but ai always matches yellow while prof x's purple tile often gets left alone. Main difference between them is she has an active attack while x depends on buffing tiles.
    IW has 13k health now and Hood has 5k health. I see a match made in MPQ heaven. You throw in a maxed 3* buffed character with over 10K health and have fun hopping against that.

True, thing is prof x gets very, very nasty to deal with in a long game and might be better to lvl in the long run. I am, however, a Sue fan and been waiting for a chance to use her (stopped at 170)
    I'm gonna test her a bit, find a fun team to go with her and definately lvl her.
    She's tactically fun to play but needs a tile buffer for her def skills to become truly scary.
    IW/prof x/any dps with cheap ap power just might be awesome.
  • so can I actually use my 3/3/1 invisible woman who can go to level 152 now? What's the verdict?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    Arith wrote:
    IW/Hood/L Thor sounds like a nightmare team that the AI can't screw up, Hood will always have lowest hp and invis has the lowest cost for yellow virtually ensuring it gets used first
  • fmftint wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Arith wrote:
    IW/Hood/L Thor sounds like a nightmare team that the AI can't screw up, Hood will always have lowest hp and invis has the lowest cost for yellow virtually ensuring it gets used first
    It'll either not use blue at all or, when it does, use IW green over LT's, which is a loss of 3k damage
  • I don't think The Hood should even be considered part of any 'best' team because first, he's pretty overpowered to begin with and second, in a situation where he's broken enough to create a problem all this means is you bring your own The Hood too. So for example Thor (3*) + IW + The Hood, if this team really works, will be matched up against ??? + ??? + The Hood. Then you're basically asking is Thor + IW the best duo in the game, and that seems like a very dubious claim. Sure, Thor is strong and so is IW, but I see no particular synergy there. You'll likely use Invisibility over Thunder Strike, or even some silliness like Thunder Strike into a Force Bubble Crush on an empty board for zero damage which is one of the few Thunder Strike combos that can't decide the game. Note that had you Thunder Strike into Call the Storm that could be done with just Thor himself.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    It'll either not use blue at all or, when it does, use IW green over LT's, which is a loss of 3k damage
    Or use Hood's yellow and not IW's.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I don't think The Hood should even be considered part of any 'best' team because first, he's pretty overpowered to begin with and second, in a situation where he's broken enough to create a problem all this means is you bring your own The Hood too. So for example Thor (3*) + IW + The Hood, if this team really works, will be matched up against ??? + ??? + The Hood. Then you're basically asking is Thor + IW the best duo in the game, and that seems like a very dubious claim. Sure, Thor is strong and so is IW, but I see no particular synergy there. You'll likely use Invisibility over Thunder Strike, or even some silliness like Thunder Strike into a Force Bubble Crush on an empty board for zero damage which is one of the few Thunder Strike combos that can't decide the game. Note that had you Thunder Strike into Call the Storm that could be done with just Thor himself.
    IW is not strong. She's bad.
  • She isn't terrible. I kind of like her even though she is neither fun nor powerful. Right now I bring her in, keep invis on the buffed char in pvp (they will be low on HP) and just cycle the third character for damage. Her blue/green combo usually knocks a single target down and can be relied on to fire off once per match. Between blue and invis, she takes very little damage and once the buffed char gets below 5k health, they're almost always invis'd. Keeps climbing going without sucking up all my health packs.

Matches go at an ok speed, but i don't need speed in the first two days of play. it's jut not very balls to the walls. The idea is to rush blue and yellow. Once those are on the board, then just focus on damage with my other chars.
  • Now that she's Bag-less, when can I start using her? I have her at 3/3/1 and she can go up to Level 152. Usable? Unusable?
  • Personally I would recommend strongly against leveling her. Just keep adding to her covers but keep her at 166 or lower. Leveling a four star is the fastest way to screw yourself in PvE