**** Invisible Woman (Classic) ****

Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Green works so hard against the rest of her kit that I'm considering 5/5/3. She spends so much time making people invisible and creating defense tiles and then green just destroys all of it. I usually place bubbles in such a way to protect my tiles so they end up being close to the things that will be blown up.

You could go straight for blue + green but with her health buff she actually does a really good job tanking for squishier characters and letting them do the work while she protects them.

You can drop multiple invis tiles so there have been instances where Professor X was protected with his purple and IW's yellow along with Pyslocke invis with a second yellow.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    So I was just goofing around with Invisible Woman in the PvE and did anybody else know that when you make a character go Invisible that they "Unstun" themselves?
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Green works so hard against the rest of her kit that I'm considering 5/5/3. She spends so much time making people invisible and creating defense tiles and then green just destroys all of it. I usually place bubbles in such a way to protect my tiles so they end up being close to the things that will be blown up.

You could go straight for blue + green but with her health buff she actually does a really good job tanking for squishier characters and letting them do the work while she protects them.

You can drop multiple invis tiles so there have been instances where Professor X was protected with his purple and IW's yellow along with Pyslocke invis with a second yellow.
    Why psylocke instead of someone that hides behind PX, so he can maximize his purple?
  • Question on her invisibility power, does it not protect from aoe damage? I've been playing around with her and rage of panther took out my Blade while he was invisible. Is that normal or a bug?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's normal. The idea is that you can't see an invisible character to target them specifically, but AOE attacks don't depend on targeting - Sentry doesn't have to be looking right at somebody to hit them with a Supernova, for instance. It blows up the whole battlefield and everybody on it.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Why psylocke instead of someone that hides behind PX, so he can maximize his purple?

Psylocke is rainbow with IW + Prof X and her red and black make tiles (I only have 2 covers in PX yellow so I'm not getting anything besides defense tiles from him and IW). She's also kinda **** so its a good team comp to try an impossible node with (saving good characters for other comps). I beat the Blade/IF/Ares node a few times with it when it was under 300, scramble for a purple, try to get a few red + blacks off then let Prof X solo the team while he's invisible. One match they destroyed all my offense tiles so I slowly won the game with match 5s (defense tile went up to over 11,000).
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, once again i can respec her... and once again I don't know what to do.

My Suzie is currently a 4-4-5, and I recently pulled a blue.

I don't entirely like the idea of dropping her yellow to 3, hence I'm considering going 4-5-4... what are your opinions?

I read the last pages of the thread, post-buff, but I still can't make up my mind.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    donietsche wrote:
    I don't entirely like the idea of dropping her yellow to 3, hence I'm considering going 4-5-4... what are your opinions?
    Taking blue from 3 to 5 seems like a very minimal improvement, compared to the others. For me, 535 is an easy choice.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just a reminder that blue at 5 can lock any type of special tile including the new Ultron's drop tile.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    Just a reminder that blue at 5 can lock any type of special tile including the new Ultron's drop tile.

that's what I had in mind. And I was thinking about prof-x tile as well, of course.

Although I understand the merits of green and yellow at five, with the impending ultron event, and in general with the introduction of prof-x, I feel that blue at five is somewhat a game changer for IW... and is the blue-green combo really a big deal, after all? Damage-wise it seems (more than) decent, but it's not like there aren't other interesting green users to pair with her (of course, assuming that IW can find her niche role in PVP... ).
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    Invisible Woman OWNS Ultron! Turns out if you lock the entire top row of tiles, Ultron doesn't generate any drop tiles. icon_lol.gif He's pretty harmless after that, unless one of your bubbles gets unlocked by a cascade.
  • Kolence
    Options
    She can also bubble her team's CDs on the bottom row so Cap's shield can return or Iron Man's recharge complete.
  • I bet folks are sad they dismissed Invisible woman Now.0!!!!
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    She can also bubble her team's CDs on the bottom row so Cap's shield can return or Iron Man's recharge complete.

whoa! -- does that work? Do IW-bubbled friendly countdowns continue to countdown/resolve? (if so -- awesome.)
  • Kolence
    Options
    Kolence wrote:

whoa! -- does that work? Do IW-bubbled friendly countdowns continue to countdown/resolve? (if so -- awesome.)
    No, no. What I meant is, when a friendly CD needs one more turn to resolve but is about to get destroyed on the bottom row, putting it in a bubble effectively gives it one more turn it needs. Ultron destroys the row and unlocks your CD.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kolence wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

No, no. What I meant is, when a friendly CD needs one more turn to resolve but is about to get destroyed on the bottom row, putting it in a bubble effectively gives it one more turn it needs. Ultron destroys the row and unlocks your CD.

Oh ok -- clever! thanks
  • Personally I am thinking of 5/4/4 her yellow could be incredibly valuable though her green his to.... Thoughts on 5/3/5?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have her at 3/5/5 and drew a yellow cover today - it looks like if I go 4/4/5 then yellow gives better protect tiles but I would lose the ability to lock countdown tiles, is that right? If so will very likely stay 3/5/5
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    I have her at 3/5/5 and drew a yellow cover today - it looks like if I go 4/4/5 then yellow gives better protect tiles but I would lose the ability to lock countdown tiles, is that right? If so will very likely stay 3/5/5
    5th blue lock Countdown, Drop, Tu tiles icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4/4/5--means gaining an extra 84 protect on two yellow tiles but giving up 40 protect on the blue one and not being able to lock any tile that's not protect, attack or strike, and at the rate new tiles are coming out, and the fact they are stripping other characters abilties of destroying tiles other than those three makes her unique, to me 3/5/5 is the way to go.

The only other option IMO would be 5/5/3 which is the total defensive route because you don't plan on using her green due to having a better one or not wanting to destroy the locked tiles.