** Hawkeye (Modern) **

Options

Comments

• rixmith wrote:
    Hannybal wrote:
    hhmm, after hearing what some of you guys said. maybe 3/5/5 is a cool build too, along with 4/5/4. As blue skill does no damage and purely support. Maybe leaving it at 3 CD is good ? But apart from MN Mag and Hood, i don't really know who else to go with him. Definitely a Green user i guess. As for def, i wonder how the AI will play badly of him. His purple will kind of never trigger.

I was just up against a Hawkeye in PvP and his purple triggered against me. And, boy, did that ever suck! Luckily he wasn't a level 5 in purple so the countdowns were 3 turns instead of 2, so I managed to remove one of them. But after being on the receiving end of that I'm going to respec to 5/3/5.

Imagine 3/5/5 Sentry with 3/5/5 Modern Hawkeye with 3/5/5 Hood. That could be alot of damage so long as hawkeye doesn't eat it.
  • Hey, guys! How does his new passive exactly work? It activates when you match 5 or more tiles in one line, or in any way? I am sure that yesterday countdowns started on every 5-tile match, but today it is not working! Haven't got a chance to match a 5-tile line still though. Something changed?
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aelkoa wrote:
    Hey, guys! How does his new passive exactly work? It activates when you match 5 or more tiles in one line, or in any way? I am sure that yesterday countdowns started on every 5-tile match, but today it is not working! Haven't got a chance to match a 5-tile line still though. Something changed?
    Any match that creates a whitecrit.png.
  • aelkoa wrote:
    Hey, guys! How does his new passive exactly work? It activates when you match 5 or more tiles in one line, or in any way? I am sure that yesterday countdowns started on every 5-tile match, but today it is not working! Haven't got a chance to match a 5-tile line still though. Something changed?

Thanks! Why they just don't notice that? icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aelkoa wrote:
    aelkoa wrote:

Thanks! Why they just don't notice that? icon_e_sad.gif
    I think they avoided mentioning critical tiles because they didn't want people to think that critical-generating powers (ones that create criticals directly, not through creating color matches) would trigger it as well.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    I think they avoided mentioning critical tiles because they didn't want people to think that critical-generating powers (ones that create criticals directly, not through creating color matches) would trigger it as well.
    Unfortunately, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe because interpretation isn't the same between individuals. There's going to always be someone asking, and probably more people asking because they won't read the thread.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I sold my fully covered Hakweye a couple of days ago (needed the HP) and so I only have a few covers for each now, but wow... purpleflag.png is amazing. I only currently have one of them but even that is good. Does require a bit of planning and a bit of luck and a bit of acceptance that you could lose some, but this has to at least a 4 cover ability, likely 5.

His health still a little bit meh, if he has the strongest colour in anything.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have never leveled Modern Hawkeye, but I am still having a lot of fun with his purple when paired with an angry Hulk in the PvE.

Now, if that 5th purple cover would just drop for me already --I've gotten multiple red and blue covers for him since the patch, but only one purple.
  • I was originally going to keep him at 5/5/3, but, after using him in the heroic, I"m definitely respeccing him to 3/5/5. His red is very good, but his purple - when it goes off - is devastating. His blue is only ok even at 5 covers, and the decision has gotten extremely easy.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was originally going to keep him at 5/5/3, but, after using him in the heroic, I"m definitely respeccing him to 3/5/5. His red is very good, but his purple - when it goes off - is devastating. His blue is only ok even at 5 covers, and the decision has gotten extremely easy.
    I have my Hawkeye at 3,5,5 now and he is basically there for speed shot. Running Hulk and LThor to protect him I just avoid purple and Blue so he does not die. I would not want his purple on less than 5.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was originally going to keep him at 5/5/3, but, after using him in the heroic, I"m definitely respeccing him to 3/5/5. His red is very good, but his purple - when it goes off - is devastating. His blue is only ok even at 5 covers, and the decision has gotten extremely easy.
    Yup. His blue is exceptionally useless. A terrible stun. Expand to the whole team add dmg back
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would say, since he'll probably never be used without a better red user, I'll go 4/4/5, since I only miss one turn of Sun with blue, one countdown turn in red (see above), and DAT purple! Overall, good change. Wish they did it back when a level 46 hawkeye wasn't buried on the roster.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Unfortunately, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe because interpretation isn't the same between individuals. There's going to always be someone asking, and probably more people asking because they won't read the thread.
    I agree, and this is one of a number of skills they definitely could have worded better.
  • I actually ended up selling my 2 star.png Daken to level up Hawkeye. Yay?
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This new Hawkeye 5/3/5 is AWESOME !!
    He was really helpfull in Juggernaut Heroic, when his Speed Shot arrows did 4000 damage to 10.000 hp Juggernaut.
    It really speeded up whole proces..
    You really should give him a try...
  • Really he was only awesome when the board granted him a free crit on the open. Without MNM or GSBW he is decidedly less awesome as Speed Shot.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Really he was only awesome when the board granted him a free crit on the open. Without MNM or GSBW he is decidedly less awesome as Speed Shot.

He was still effective as the 3rd, his stun and red were still effective, and in any match where speedshot did launch, victory was almost guaranteed.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Really he was only awesome when the board granted him a free crit on the open. Without MNM or GSBW he is decidedly less awesome as Speed Shot.
    I've been able to chain quite a few 5's with Daken's Chemical Reaction or Storm's abilities, though not consistently. I'm moving towards a 3/5/5 build.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw him quite a bit in previous PVP's as an early option for 2* rosters, hide him behind a bigger character.

No more hiding: no more use. I have rarely seen him since, even in the current PVP (where he's an avenger and 188).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

No more hiding: no more use. I have rarely seen him since, even in the current PVP (where he's an avenger and 188).

FWIW, he's been in every other roster I've seen so far (not to mention I'm using him near exclusively)

Edit: That reads unclear, let me make it more wordy. If I look through 10 rosters, the odd ones have Hawkeye, the even ones don't, on average.