** Hawkeye (Modern) **

Options

Comments

• Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    how about that, IceIX responded. I just rolled my eyes and moved on. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So is Hawkeye the one saying that or is it the people around him saying that? icon_e_confused.gif
  • A group of mobsters say it to Hawkeye, in the comics.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This one needs to be fixed also.

Currently states:

"Hawkeye nocks multiple arrows and lets them fly. Is on now bro.."

I think you meant "its"

No, that's correct. The line is "Is on now bro..."
  • it now seems like a fun character to use. i finally got all his cover and he's now 4/4/5. does it worth to spend 60K to max him out?
  • deathprize wrote:
    it now seems like a fun character to use. i finally got all his cover and he's now 4/4/5. does it worth to spend 60K to max him out?
    Depends on what type of player you are. Do you already have an established 2* team? Do you plan to transition to 3* by spending some money? Do you play for fun? Do you seek variety etc... etc... He is definitely a force to reckon with when paired with star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png.
  • deathprize wrote:
    it now seems like a fun character to use. i finally got all his cover and he's now 4/4/5. does it worth to spend 60K to max him out?

I plan on leveling him since him, Storm and Magneto could make a fun star.pngstar.png team. Maybe not for PvP, but for PvE.

I'd level guys that are a little less niche first, but if you have the ISO, and a solid team already, then yeah go for it.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    On a 3-man team with CStorm and MNMags, 3/5/5 is his strongest build since you'll almost never use his blue with CStorm's available.

On a 2-man team with MNMags, it'll depend on Magneto build. Magneto 3/5/5 means his red may be out of practical AP range, giving more incentive to use Hawkeye's red on red-dry boards. Otherwise, Hawkeye's blue is an acceptable blue dump, in which case lowering the countdown is super useful.
  • speaking of which, for purple at level 5, he is quite good when combined with thor's yellow at 5. Thor's yellow will kind of high chance for L or T, or 5-tile green for u, be it auto or u have to shift it yourself. That will quite positive triggers hawkeye's purple too. Not bad imo. Yeah, tried CStorm, MnMag, and MHawkeye for PvP simulator shield versus. Not bad i feel too.
  • My final build for him is 5 blueflag.png /3 redflag.png/5 purpleflag.png . The difference between 3 red and 5 red is 200x3 damage and one more turn in countdown. I sometimes use MN Mags redflag.png with him, so it's not too important of a skill to me while I use his blueflag.png all the time. blueflag.png at five stuns for 3 turns with a 2 turn cd tile whereas at 3 blueflag.png he does the opposite, i.e. 2 turn stun with 3 turn cd tile.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    I disagree that his blue ability is the least valuable. I used him with MN Mags and Punisher and his blue wrecks opponent team. I have him at 5/5/3 but considering either 4/4/5 or 5/3/5. By the time I'm ready to use his red, I've already taken out a guy from the enemy team. Instead of using a 1335x2, I collect a bit more and use MN Mags single target red for more damage and AP generation.

3 -> 5 blue reduces the countdown by 1 and adds 1 turn of stun

Not really that important
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Seriously though, can you guys stop making silly amalgams? Thorverine, Patchneto, and Laken all sound like tinykitty high school rock bands where the kid on drums has asthma so he has to take a break after butchering the intro to Hot for Teacher.

And you're all like 50. Should be done with saying things like Brangelina.

We aren't saying it because we think it sounds cool, we're saying it because Patchneto is a concise way of saying Patch/Magneto. Each amalgram saves at least a fourth to half the length of spelling out the team in its entirety, so I think it's a little crazy that you're complaining about this.
  • Trisul
    Options
    The recent Heroic Venom meant that we all had lots of time to play with boosted Hawkeye.

I'm convinced that 3 bluetile.png/ 5 redtile.png/ 5 purpletile.png is his best build.

Obviously, Speed Shot is core, completely trivializing some battles if you get lucky. Felt really good, and I hope the devs come up with more abilities like this.

His red was way more useful to me throughout the event than his blue, and is very AP-efficient, scaling quite well to 1800+ AoE damage when boosted. Having the 5th cover in red is absolutely huge. Denying the AI one more turn to match away your countdown tile is incredibly important.

The way the team comps worked this PvE meant that blue AP was very low in the priority list (which blue AP tends to be, in general), and timing the stun with targeting is an annoyance.
  • Trisul wrote:
    The recent Heroic Venom meant that we all had lots of time to play with boosted Hawkeye.

I'm convinced that 3 bluetile.png/ 5 redtile.png/ 5 purpletile.png is his best build.

Obviously, Speed Shot is core, completely trivializing some battles if you get lucky. Felt really good, and I hope the devs come up with more abilities like this.

His red was way more useful to me throughout the event than his blue, and is very AP-efficient, scaling quite well to 1800+ AoE damage when boosted. Having the 5th cover in red is absolutely huge. Denying the AI one more turn to match away your countdown tile is incredibly important.

The way the team comps worked this PvE meant that blue AP was very low in the priority list (which blue AP tends to be, in general), and timing the stun with targeting is an annoyance.
    He does 3185 AoE damage with 3 red covers at level 270. My Mawkeye is maxed at 5/3/5. At level 94 the difference is only 200 damage between 3 and 5 red covers and a turn of cd. I find his blue more useful. Almost everyone has a damage ability. Finding a better red to use is not difficult. AP reduction and stun is rare, however.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    He does 3185 AoE damage with 3 red covers at level 270. My Mawkeye is maxed at 5/3/5. At level 94 the difference is only 200 damage between 3 and 5 red covers and a turn of cd. I find his blue more useful. Almost everyone has a damage ability. Finding a better red to use is not difficult. AP reduction and stun is rare, however.

rank 5 red at 270 does 3731 damage which is a tasty 546 more damage at that level. the red is in all honesty quite efficient with it being a team damage ability and the extra damage helps soften up enemies to let speed shot start hitting the next character and so on.

if blue was stun+damage like it used to be then it really would be a hard to beat option, but stun+random AP reduction is very meh. also the AP reduction being random is a very important factor, if it targeted specific colors that would actually be decent since it would be more reliable, but with it being random you have a good chance of hitting a color thats completely unimportant to the enemy. with the recent patch giving it the ability to hit the team up AP I actually consider the ability even weaker now because of a higher chance of hitting unimportant AP and also that fact that TU powers can only be popped once per match unlike normal power which can obviously be used multiple times.

TL:DR 3/5/5 ends games faster + more consistent with damage, 5/3/5 drags games out + less consistent with focus on random AP drain
  • Trisul
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    No question that there are better single-target reds out there (though Hawkeye's red pure damage:AP ratio is excellent).

The real issue is the team comps that would use Hawkeye (besides Heroics, where boosted red damage favors 5 red), which is overwhelmingly with MNMags. A two-man team with MNMags/MHawkeye is the only composition where 5 blue is preferred (and that's a pretty suboptimal 2-man 2* team). A 3-man team with MNMags/MHawkeye/CStorm would prefer Hawkeye to be 5 red.
  • In a mixed 2*/3* situation like heroics which is the most common scenario to use Hawkeye, it is far more likely the 3* will have a good red ability as opposed to a good blue ability. I feel his red is better than his blue but since 2*s are never major boosted, it's just pretty common for another 3* to have an even better red ability since red abilities are generally very straightforward. On the other hand getting a good blue ability from a 3* can be quite difficult.
  • l0iQEGb.png
    Love it icon_e_biggrin.gif

As for bluetile.png vs redtile.png, it depends what you get stuck with. If you run it with MNM and Storm, redtile.png is clearly better since you will never use bluetile.png. But if you're stuck with him and any other hero (Heroic Venom *cough*) bluetile.png is slightly better, though he is still not someone you would want to use without proper shake up Hero. I would personally stick with redtile.png if only because it's better against super heavy weight opponents in PvE and you don't want to use him in other comps unless you 'have' to (and not being star.pngstar.pngstar.png it's not that often). Difference is really minimal though, as long as you have 5 purpleflag.png.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ode to Speed Shot

Far out, you are freaking awesome.

The end.

I half think 2* Hawkeye should be moved up (as he is now with minor adjustments as needed) to a 3* - he has that sort of potential. The 2* roster can survive without him if it had to.

If not, we already have Daredevil who is a sort of 3* Hawkeye and is about to get a rework.

Either way, I see no need for a sometimes mentioned new Lazy Hawkeye.