** Hawkeye (Modern) **

Comments

• ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    As a 2*-3* transistion'er, is there any point in spending ISO on this guy after the magneto nerf? I do have a 6 cover GSBW that is level 40 that I can pair with him, but IDK.
    Honestly, probably not. He gets buffed quite a bit, so if you want to use him for that reason alone, feel free. But I kept this guy around due to his synergy with the Stormneto combo, but I think I'm going to ship all 3 pieces once the update on them hits. It's helped me to the point that I almost have 2 fully covered 3*s, but that's apparently too good now. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    The current version of 2* Hawkeye is so much better than the old version. I don't know why anyone is asking for another Lazy character over a unique character, especially one who is so much better than his previous incarnation.

If you like 1* Hawkey that much, why don't you keep using him instead? His powers have no significant benefit from being at a higher level.

Honestly I'd prefer they spend some time to differentiate the versions who are already too similar like 1* & 3* Storm, 2* & 3* Thor, Captain America, Human Torch, & Daken.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    ynglink wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    As a 2*-3* transistion'er, is there any point in spending ISO on this guy after the magneto nerf? I do have a 6 cover GSBW that is level 40 that I can pair with him, but IDK.
    Honestly, probably not. He gets buffed quite a bit, so if you want to use him for that reason alone, feel free. But I kept this guy around due to his synergy with the Stormneto combo, but I think I'm going to ship all 3 pieces once the update on them hits. It's helped me to the point that I almost have 2 fully covered 3*s, but that's apparently too good now. icon_e_sad.gif

I disagree. Honestly for use in the Daily Deadpool, I'll still keep him around. At only level 40, a single wave of Speed Shot can destroy any single opponent the game has protecting that Iso.

I've been running M.Mags, C.Storm, & M.Hawk for the 2* node & the 1*/2* nodes any chance the game doesn't lock them out. After this change comes, I'll try swapping in Thor for Mags, or perhaps Thor for Storm. Either way, I'm keeping M.Hawk.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I'm not a fan of stormneto with Hawkeye. To me it is an either or as I don't like being so focused on blue and purple. For a speedshot team, I would have Magneto/Hawkeye and Thor. Thor's yellow is the 2nd best crit generator in 2* land and if you don't get a crit then you'll probably end up being closer to using Call the Storm.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be honest, I'd like a Hawkeye with Avoid and Speed Shot, but they say I am a dreamer...
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    To be honest, I'd like a Hawkeye with Avoid and Speed Shot, but they say I am a dreamer...

Yeah me too i made a post sayinf balck widow shoulh have something similar to avoid , but i got ripped into by angry people
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    The current version of 2* Hawkeye is so much better than the old version. I don't know why anyone is asking for another Lazy character over a unique character, especially one who is so much better than his previous incarnation.

If you like 1* Hawkey that much, why don't you keep using him instead? His powers have no significant benefit from being at a higher level.

Honestly I'd prefer they spend some time to differentiate the versions who are already too similar like 1* & 3* Storm, 2* & 3* Thor, Captain America, Human Torch, & Daken.
    I must admit he can be used with thor. So I withdraw my original request.
    Anyway I wish there were a similar character in 2* land. If they redesigned bullseye that way I'm sure he'd become more popular. I use Hawkey1 against goons. But against 100+ levels he cannot sustain even 1 shot. So if board is not too favorable then you lose.
  • Now that I have a 94 GSBW, I am really thinking about keeping and leveling Hawkeye. Thor/Hawkeye/GSBW seems pretty solid.
  • Thor/Hawkeye/GSBW(94) has 2 characters on it with sub 4,000 health. Not optimal. Useable in some situations but they will fall quickly. Plus taking purple to get 2-3 crit tiles leaves not enough purple on the board for Speed Shot.

Thor/Hawkeye/Daken is pretty good too and Daken won't die as often as GSBW.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    cletus1985 wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with MHawkeye as-is. I admit he was most amazing with Stormneto, but anyone who creates color specific tiles or shakes the board for possible cascades still works really well with him. Thor's yellow yields several match 5's in green, Loki's purple is cheap enough if you run it 3-4 times it will get you a match 5 most of the time, both Magnetos can still produce quite a few match 5's, etc....etc...

Messing with Hawkeye isn't going to help the situation at all.

2* Captain Marvel is usually pretty good at generating a match-5 of Team-up tiles.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    ynglink wrote:
    Mavrek32 wrote:

I disagree. Honestly for use in the Daily Deadpool, I'll still keep him around. At only level 40, a single wave of Speed Shot can destroy any single opponent the game has protecting that Iso.

I've been running M.Mags, C.Storm, & M.Hawk for the 2* node & the 1*/2* nodes any chance the game doesn't lock them out. After this change comes, I'll try swapping in Thor for Mags, or perhaps Thor for Storm. Either way, I'm keeping M.Hawk.
    I disagree with that post nerf. It's what I've been using currently, but in 2* land, Ares, and OBW are much stronger, or Thor and OBW widow too. As a 3rd 2* I'd rather be packing Ms. Marvel as she covers the last 2* in an area where 2*'s don't have much strengths at all. Plus she gives uses to expensive team-ups that your Alliances might give you (like The Hood for example)
  • I just don't get why people don't like this character. His purple (passive) power rocks. Team this guy up with 2 star Magneto and another character with a very powerful blue power and you've got a powerful trio. Plus his red power is decent as well. His blue sucks. I never use his blue.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just don't get why people don't like this character. His purple (passive) power rocks. Team this guy up with 2 star Magneto and another character with a very powerful blue power and you've got a powerful trio. Plus his red power is decent as well. His blue sucks. I never use his blue.
    Magneto + Hawkeye is still suboptimal. You have to match purple in order to generate the critical, then Hawk will consume 4 purple tiles for his speed shots, and then the board will be purple-dry for a few turns. It's kind of a one-trick pony and the AI can't play it at all, so it's akin to a big ol' "KICK ME" sign on defense.

Now I did have some success using buffed Hawkeye in the Ultron event with Thor. Getting the critical off of a Thunder Strike meant Ultron was seriously hurt, and Hawk's red was quite useful against the drone waves.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    I use mine still for clearing nodes along with Ms Marvel. Add a good blue user and you are ready to go.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Smallest of issues. The flavour text for Jean Grey says "telekenetic", rather than "telekinetic."

That is all.
  • And Hawkeye 2star says "Is on now, bro"
    Should be "It's on now, bro"
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hawkeye line is a direct quote from the (absolutely freaking awesome) Matt Fraction/David Aja comic.

tumblr_mfan0p4NM41qzlpr4o1_500.png
  • I was playing DDQ with Hawkeye and for some reason his passive wouldn't go off. I made a couple match-5s even. Team got slaughtered.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never got around to trying Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch in Balance of Power. Cage or Hood would have made a nice third.
  • Breezy wrote:
    I was playing DDQ with Hawkeye and for some reason his passive wouldn't go off. I made a couple match-5s even. Team got slaughtered.
    This might happen if you have no purple tiles on board. His speedshot converts (not creates) basic purple tiles, so if you've managed to fire it off multiple times early on, sometimes you won't have the tiles to convert later, especially in long waves. It's also why he and Storm*/*** don't go together well.