** Hawkeye (Modern) **

Options

Comments

• From the X-Force thread:
    Yellow Tests: Obviously True Healing, activates on self matching, activates if hit by a match 4+.

To recap then, X-Force believes you matched the tile hit by a match 4, Daredevil believes you matched the tile hit by a match 4, Hawkeye does not believe you matched any tiles outside the 4 match. Either change the power description to read "when a crit tile is made from a match" or include match 4+ line destruction in the trigger for Speed Shot.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He may demand pairing with characters prone to making crit matches and a he still needs a meat shield.

Even with the 500 HP bump he's still too squishy. and i find the purple gets cleared way too easily, I'll have to see if it gets better at 2 CD tiles vs 3CD. he's still a slave to the board, more so than a lot of characters. The basic-tile-only crutch really **** his "targeted tile placement". Overall he feels about the same only significantly weaker and with the loss of the dodge ability he is easily killed. Whatever threat he was before is gone now. Sad really.

unless they drop all these countdowns to 2 max hes still too chancy across the board to be any good.
  • A purple starved board does hurt his gameplay speed a bit, but fortunately that's an infrequent occurrence. I use Hawkeye's red if there are 2 or more enemies, MNM red if there's only one. MNM is also more expensive, for not that much more damage.
  • Has anyone else had Hawkeye break with the update? Purple power for me is now completely broken and blue no longer does damage and just stuns. I play on mobile.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bannerman wrote:
    Has anyone else had Hawkeye break with the update? Purple power for me is now completely broken and blue no longer does damage and just stuns. I play on mobile.
    You should read the patch notes in General forum.
  • ForgedSteel
    ForgedSteel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    He may demand pairing with characters prone to making crit matches and a he still needs a meat shield.

Even with the 500 HP bump he's still too squishy. and i find the purple gets cleared way too easily, I'll have to see if it gets better at 2 CD tiles vs 3CD. he's still a slave to the board, more so than a lot of characters. The basic-tile-only crutch really **** his "targeted tile placement". Overall he feels about the same only significantly weaker and with the loss of the dodge ability he is easily killed. Whatever threat he was before is gone now. Sad really.

unless they drop all these countdowns to 2 max hes still too chancy across the board to be any good.

I agree completely, now I feel as if I've wasted all my Iso on him. Hes just an easy target now, extra squishy.
  • is there any consensus on optimal cover placement on this new Hawkeye? stick with 5/5/3, or ?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You won't like Hawkeye when he's angry.

x9i8btO.jpg
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's just not right...
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You won't like Hawkeye when he's angry.

x9i8btO.jpg

I want to know what happened next. That makes a very compelling case for 5 purple. And ISO.

Just move this guy in entirely up to a 3*.

Next on the nerf list - Sentry and Mod. Hawkeye.
  • Depends on who you are pairing him with. If you get a max cover Thor or MNM as your first character then go with 3/5/5, anyone else 5/5/3 or 4/5/4 probably fine.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I want to know what happened next. That makes a very compelling case for 5 purple. And ISO.

That's with a 4/5/4 build, I have to respect from 5/5/3 and only got one that I was holding. As for what happened next, countdowns resolved, both died quickly. Nothing special.

He's still a bit squishy (this was just the 2nd match I ran with him), but with Mags 9 purple the AI is in a world of trouble. The combination of triggering purple plus the blue gathered doing so puts a lot of death out there.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just saw the AI do a T-shape match 5 (against a hawkeye team in pvp). I'm pretty sure there was not a match 4 nearby, but I wasn't paying close attention really (too shocked at a T match). If this is confirmed, I suppose it makes AI hawkeye a bit better (and I guess any enemy team now they don't skip non-line match 5's)
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had success with mHawk + BWGS. It's easy to get two crits with her purple, get six countdowns, let them explode, follow with sniper rifle. Works great against goons.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    Took out the triple Wolverine node in about 4 turns with Mags/Hawkeye + Purple boost. I liked old Hawkeye, but this is a lot more fun. Mags-CStorm can't pseudo one-shot Patch. New Hawkeye sure can.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Depends on who you are pairing him with. If you get a max cover Thor or MNM as your first character then go with 3/5/5, anyone else 5/5/3 or 4/5/4 probably fine.

From what I have generally seen thus far, 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 seem to be the two of main interest, but now that people are playing him, we should get a more solid idea soon.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    Speed Shot does not trigger on match 4s (clears 8 tiles). Or on match 3+3s. Only when a crit tile is created. This makes me sad. Also somewhat ironically it makes Bullseye's black one of Mawkeye's best set up abilities.
    3+3 only works I'd they are like connecting at any point. So something like these work:

xxx
    xxx

xxxo
    oxxx

xxxoo
    ooxxx

I've seen those type of matches quite frequent in my games during cascades. Can use abilities to get multiples of those as well.

Don't forget everyone's fav +:

oxo
    xxx
    oxo
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot the cross-shaped one. I actually forget about it when I'm placing tiles with mnMags and GSBW.
  • eidehua wrote:
    Just saw the AI do a T-shape match 5 (against a hawkeye team in pvp). I'm pretty sure there was not a match 4 nearby, but I wasn't paying close attention really (too shocked at a T match). If this is confirmed, I suppose it makes AI hawkeye a bit better (and I guess any enemy team now they don't skip non-line match 5's)
    My guess is the AI made that T-match because it also has a match-4 in it (so it actually is a 6-match), meaning one "line" of the T has 3 tiles and the other "line" has 4 tiles. A move like that will clear the row/column along the 4-match while simultaneously generating a critical tile as well. I've seen the AI do that on some rare occasions.
    I suppose it is possible that there's some special AI rule to take the L or T match-5 specific to modern Hawkeye, but I think it's unlikely.
  • hawkeye is quite sex now ! Just tried a few games, with or w/o mn mag. But his health... is still an issue. Now with no avoid, i can see him tanking or taking more damage, which is usually unusual if its the past. wahahhaa.

Speaking of which, i respec him to 4/5/4, which i feel is good (for me at least). Debatable point : But his passive CD is 947 damage per tile when it goes off (at level 94). That's quite attractive to go level 5 for purple too. As for his blue, totally no damage now. More like a true support skill, which makes me wonder is it good to leave it at level 4 instead of 3 ? 5 Red is good. So actually 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 would you guys prefer and such ?

Oh ya... another question. Does his purple passive CD tile stacks with strike title damage when it goes off ?