**** Jean Grey (All New X-Men) ****

Options

Comments

• Lacydog69
    Lacydog69 Posts: 43
    Options
    I think a really big think to keep in mind is that all her powers are AoE. So whilst they may not be overly over the top, they may still be strong, a la Carnage red level or KK green. This also plays into helping deal with an invisible chuck as he is susceptible to all of her moves.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Soo Jean Grey is the reason at no bothering anymore with Scarlet Witch in pvp I guess...
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Going to be lazy and wait till IceX fills in the data....
    IceIX's evil twin may not be as industrious.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hurcules wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Going to be lazy and wait till IceX fills in the data....
    IceIX's evil twin may not be as industrious.

I imagined it more like a production line.
    "When the last Ice became too helpful to the player base we just brought in an upgrade. "
    Cue evil laugh
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dear Devs,

I think All New X-Men version of Jean Grey is a great choice. In the comics she is a wonderful tribute to nostalgia, but with a fresh take on the character. While I'm disappointed that there will not be an Ant-Man style release, the character herself is great.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 623 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jordanix wrote:
    Dear Devs,
    I think All New X-Men version of Jean Grey is a great choice. In the comics she is a wonderful tribute to nostalgia, but with a fresh take on the character. While I'm disappointed that there will not be an Ant-Man style release, the character herself is great.

Agreed -- what a fantastic story arc she's had in what's been one of Marvel's best books of the past few years. Her moves look interesting, and I think this is some of their best in-game character art in awhile. Good job all around!!

(Now, please bring out All-New Cyclops as well!)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Slow down with the releases (and fix some characters)! I've been playing for about 20 days and there's already been a flood of new characters and 2 4-stars.

I actually like her abilities but I have this feeling she's going to end up OP and nerfed. icon_lol.gif
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Who do we turn to when the spoiler and the source both want to be lazy? I've just had my caffeine and am ready to either trash talk or gush over Teen Jean.

Turul/IceIX, please!?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Who do we turn to when the spoiler and the source both want to be lazy? I've just had my caffeine and am ready to either trash talk or gush over Teen Jean.

Turul/IceIX, please!?

I dont have the exact numbers for the abilities, so I cant tell much more than the interview, unfortunatelly.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turul wrote:
    I dont have the exact numbers for the abilities, so I cant tell much more than the interview, unfortunatelly.

Maybe if you make some up, it'll spur some corrective action... icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    So it looks like Professor X won't get a nerf, simply he gets a counter.

Perhaps the way to go now is less nerfs, more counters?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sagapo wrote:

The trend seems to be indirect nerfs or nerfs hidden under other information such as:
    - The Health Buffs to 95% of the characters leaving Loki, Hood, OBW, and CStorm behind
    - "Character changes" to IW, Beast, She Hulk and Doc Oct tried to hide XForce's nerf
    - The nerf to Steve Rogers' face was hidden under "What's got better" on the new patch R80.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sagapo wrote:

if it means any more 2* characters or low tier characters are spared nerfs, sounds good to me
  • Unknown
    Options
    sagapo wrote:

I actually like this because as long as everything has a counter, it will make people use different characters depending on situation.

For example if you see a Dr Oct, you're probably a lot less likely to take falcon or 1/3 star storm or even daken, as that could easily be a death sentence... Aside Doc Oct the only other counters to large special tile users are Moonstone, Ant Man, Squirrel Girl and Daredevil. Thing is right now there aren't many counter trap tile guys or counter countdown timer people... Hence why OBW still remains an insanely powerful counter to countdown timer people.

We saw they were looking at counters as soon as they release hulkbuster as he was designed to counter Hulk...

On a side note, is it me or does the artist impression of Jean here makes her look like a little girl?!?!
  • Unknown
    Options

On a side note, is it me or does the artist impression of Jean here makes her look like a little girl?!?!

She's high school age, tops. It's Jean Grey at her age when she debuted in X-men #1 in the 60s. The artist actually did a good job of matching how she's been depicted in the comics, IMO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:

Turul/IceIX, please!?
    She is in the game IceIX! We are impatient, and need our fix, Please!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    what a different outfit...then again EVERYONE looks different now(Mag/Clops). Woah.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    She's not just a counter to profx, remember all those people complaining about crazy cascades? the AI gets 5 matches all the time, often by accident.

Not really. The A.I. gets multiple 3 matches.

The best part of this is you can set the A.I. up forcing it to take a 5 match.

Pair her with Loki and one 5 tile match could effectively end the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Jean Grey (All New X-Men)
    4 Star Rarity (legendary) Discussion link.
    At Max Level: HP: 13974 Tile Damage: 09/??/73/82/64/??/3.5x
      Mind Over Matter - Cost: 10 Purple AP purpletile.png
      Jean telekinetically grabs her enemy's weapons, suspending them in mid-air before flinging them back towerds her foes in a hail of projectiles. Deals 329 damage to the enemy team and converts up to 3 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles to basic tiles.
        Level 2. Deals 731 damage to the enemy team. Level 3. Level 4. Level 5.
      Max Level
        Level 3: Level 4: Level 5:

Psychic Feedback - Passive bluetile.png
        (Passive) One of the most powerful telepaths on Earth, Jean's mutant mental powers let her strike at the enemy's mind at a critical moment. When the opponent makes a Match 5, Jean destroys up to 3 AP in their strongest color, stuns the enemy team for 1 turn and deals 247 damage to them.
          Level 2. Deals 485 damage to the enemy team. Level 3. Level 4. Level 5.
        Max Level

Full of Surprises - Cost: 12 Green AP greentile.png
          Combining her telekinesis and telepathy, Jean taps into an all-new range of psionic powers and blasts her enemies. Deals 448 damage to the enemy team, then creates up to 2 random Strike, Attack or Protect tiles of strength 37.
            Level 2. Deals 713 damage to the enemy team. Level 3. Level 4. Level 5.
          Max Level

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2492 ... _jean_grey

Eo2OivONf9rGskJe70fpGPw2t0iv5G74FTe6os7L74Y=w700

yl2jN4W9tuwTd64I5BprTS8P_4DJam8Gnzrh_v16ouI=w700

IuyPBCcaytFDPF_I-wFwyfpt4OVGOD5uSjZl3YUTrHI=w700

===

Does this looks right? Her colors, I dont know which are the 10 and the 11 by the end, but because yellow starts at 8 I think its her weakest?
        • Demiurge_Anthony
          Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
          Options
          Hey MPQers!

We're really excited about Jean Grey coming to MPQ. So much so, that we whipped up a blog post about her! We have official ability numbers, some developer notes behind the character and some comics for you to read! Head over to our blog and give it a look: http://www.demiurgestudios.com/blog/mpq ... jean-grey/