Options
123457»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    phoenix is 5*
    A 5* tier would destroy the game structure as we know it today (or perhaps I should say, complete its destruction. The destruction is already in progress). The 3* tier would become instantly obsolete and only serious 4* players could hope to place T50 to T100 in anything.

As it is, I DESPISE 4* release events. The 4* chasers run up the scores something fierce chasing the new shiny. The 3* 'consolation prize' thus tends to rocket out of reach of us mere mortal 2* -> 3* transition players. And, yeah, the whole 7-day grindfest thing.

If this transition to 4* character releases continues, we need separate brackets. I'd argue we've needed them for a while. When I sign up for the event, let me choose 'compete for 3* prizes' or 'compete for 4* prizes'. I want no part of the 4* grindfest. My roster isn't ready for it. Hell, I'll probably never want to take part in it. But I do still need 3* covers. Let me have a real shot at winning >1 3* cover without interfering with the 4* chasers. Let the 4* chasers go after their new shiny without crushing my chances at getting the 3* covers I need. Isn't that a win-win?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only way I could see them adding 5 stars with the 4 star % rate in packs is if the percentage could be negative.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lee T wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    HB is far from the worst 4* to have picked for this event, since the Ultron event gave most players a decent chance of getting one, maybe two covers for him.

I doubt "most people" were in an alliance able to grind Ultron enough to get one let alone two covers.

Fair enough, although I'd say that most people who are serious enough about the game to care about 4* characters probably are.

It's good to have even if you're not a t100 player. One cover of each is enough to open the PVE fearured 4* node.
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    He's probably the most widespread 4* out there other than the ones that have been daily rewards or Ant-Man.

My money's on X-Force, the earliest 4* daily reward at 149, 165, and 180 days.

Hence the 'other than the ones who have been daily rewards' icon_mrgreen.gif . Or Ant-Man, I'm actually really curious what amount of the player base has him in their roster. The event doesn't require an alliance and should be friendly enough scaling-wise to accomodate players with more limited rosters.

Sorry, brain skip. Then yes, it's probably one of the more common among the non gifted, but I'm still doubtfull about "most player" having it though.
    raisinbman wrote:
    Lee T wrote:
    u don't need a guild for Gauntlet, I'd say antman/Hulkbust are widest spread 4*

Sorry but "most player" is not what I would use to qualify the people who can get to the end of a gauntlet.

NB : I do have HB and have no problem with it being required in this particular event, my post is a comment, not a complaint.
    most players can get to the end of gauntlet with proper guidance, whether they choose to or not is their perogative.

Point is, Hulkbuster has been widely available, short of D3 going "HERES HULKBUSTERS TAKE IT OR WE DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT", I'd be willing to bet a player has a hulkbuster/antman cover
    GurlBYE wrote:
    When you say most do realize the forums represent a vocal minority.

wasn't gonna say it but.... icon_e_ugeek.gif
    raisinbman wrote:
    phoenix is 5*
    A 5* tier would destroy the game structure as we know it today (or perhaps I should say, complete its destruction. The destruction is already in progress). The 3* tier would become instantly obsolete and only serious 4* players could hope to place T50 to T100 in anything.

As it is, I DESPISE 4* release events. The 4* chasers run up the scores something fierce chasing the new shiny. The 3* 'consolation prize' thus tends to rocket out of reach of us mere mortal 2* -> 3* transition players. And, yeah, the whole 7-day grindfest thing.

If this transition to 4* character releases continues, we need separate brackets. I'd argue we've needed them for a while. When I sign up for the event, let me choose 'compete for 3* prizes' or 'compete for 4* prizes'. I want no part of the 4* grindfest. My roster isn't ready for it. Hell, I'll probably never want to take part in it. But I do still need 3* covers. Let me have a real shot at winning >1 3* cover without interfering with the 4* chasers. Let the 4* chasers go after their new shiny without crushing my chances at getting the 3* covers I need. Isn't that a win-win?

not my problem

and/or

we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

as a mere mortal, my alliance and mercs easily afford me 4* covers, learn to pimp the system.

It sounds like what u want is Deadpool Daily IMHO. Plenty of 3* there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lol, please don't lower ISO costs. I mightget tempted to buy some. It's WAY too expensive to even consider now.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    as a mere mortal, my alliance and mercs easily afford me 4* covers, learn to pimp the system.

"There, there, little transitioner, go play in DDQ and leave us 1%'ers alone."

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif
    did u hear what i said? I'm a mere mortal. I'm just stating facts.

if you can somehow convince/force D3 to cater to you, go for it

otherwise, I suggest following my advice instead of cherrypicking

or you could just, idunno, find a game that caters to you?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif

Pretty much, yes. For the "1%" as you call us, the only form of advancement left (other than collecting ISO to actually level characters) are 4*s and character releases, and maybe the odd 3* cover that we're still missing. It shouldn't be very surprising that we agressively play 4* release PvE's. So if you don't like jumping into that shark tank, simply skip the PvE, just like most 4* transitioners skip every PvE that isn't tied to a new character release.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    phoenix is 5*

Kinda one of the reason why I gave up with Marvel: War of Heroes. Been so used with the rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Special Rare, Super Special Rare, Ultra Rare & Legendary) adding an 8th after years of game release with Ultra Legendary took the biscuit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Glad to see them releasing her - tho I would've probably gone 2* JG / 3* Phoenix / 4* Dark Phoenix

I'd be a lot more excited about this release if they got around to fixing PvE. I haven't been too excited about any 4* release (or PvE in general) for a while now because of all the grind required to get anything. Just not fun for me personally.

Guess I'll play this for the alliance since they need it, but really want to see them shape up and fix PvE so it isn't such an unrelenting, grindy, unenjoyable mess.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glad to see them releasing her - tho I would've probably gone 2* JG / 3* Phoenix / 4* Dark Phoenix

Yep, that's how I see it too.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When/if Phoenix is released as a 4*, I bet they troll everyone by releasing Phoenix Five Cyclops

https://marvelmademedoit.files.wordpres ... avx111.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, any doubts I had about starting this one have been alleviated by reading through this thread.

Good luck, all. "Enjoy" yourselves "playing" for that cover... icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC