Jean Grey ...Another 4*, another 7 day event....ugh

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Jean Grey (All New X-Men) is going to be a Reward for players to earn in “The Hulk” Story Event, which they can start playing on July 23rd (viewable in-game starting tomorrow on 22nd).

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2492 ... z3gYPTh5OC

I am all for 4*'s, too many 3*s to collect right now.. but these 7 day events... i may pass this one up.

Comments

• Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sooooo.... when are they going to make it easier for people to get 4* covers since that's all that's getting released now?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Any chance we can stop with 7 day events for releases? I mean hurrah for the char, she is long overdue, but EoTS wiped me, may actually just skip this.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, at most I'll be joining with 3-4 days left. A seven-day grind for a 4* character, especially one who looks as strong as Jean, is just a very daunting proposal when I've got work and a family life.

(Also, why All-New Jean as the 4* and not the Phoenix?)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I hope there is a plan for earning 4*'s easier in the next Q&A.

I agree 7-day events are not fun regardless if it rewards a new character or not. I rather see back-to-back 3-4 day event for 4* releases so we have two chances at winning the character.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow a lot of 4*'s are being released. Think Bullseye was the last 3* release and he was not exactly.. good.

There has to be a plan for earning 4*'s easier in the next Q&A.

There already is. Grind for 7 days straight, then spend $300 on covers. Viola! icon_evil.gif

Sorry, I'm bitter...seeing yet another 4* character, and one that actually looks like fun to play, but who will sit with 1-3 covers on my roster for ~6 months, represented by yet another horrible 7 day slog has me re-evaluating my relationship with/desire to play this game...
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (Also, why All-New Jean as the 4* and not the Phoenix?)

Agreed, now the only solution is 5* Phoenix icon_e_smile.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm dreading that I might have to play this one all 7 days to keep up with the top 100 since the last one the late brackets didn't fill and I was stuck with nada. Fortunately I have the free Ant-man cover from the 30 day event... but otherwise... SOL.

Do we risk a late join on this one?
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Not too fond of teen jean. Was looking forward to the adult Jean (Phoenix).
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So....3* characters don't exist anymore?

Or is it that 4* characters aren't considered rare? This is the fourth character release in a row that is 4* right? So we need to start seeing these released as T100 in PVP's and 2% chances in tokens now?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Im just glad they're using current Jean. She's my favorite version of the character, even if in character she's done some pretty terrible things XD
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    really wish 7-day events would start Monday instead of Thursday. weekends are always hit and miss for me and if I built up a lead (on my target, not on first - don't have that kinda time) during the week I could more easily manage my weekends rather than not knowing if I can play catch up or not.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Or is it that 4* characters aren't considered rare? This is the fourth character release in a row that is 4* right? So we need to start seeing these released as T100 in PVP's and 2% chances in tokens now?

Fully agree. If 4* are to be the norm anytime a new character is released, we need better release rewards.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

We have 40 3*s, it is time to focus on 4*s , or the game will sputter.. i understand this completely, and it means we have chances at finishing our 3*s without waiting years for them to cycle in DDQ.

4* transition is a real thing now. I am sure it will get even better the more that come out.. the only thing they have NEVER addressed is the iso shortage.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Im just glad they're using current Jean. She's my favorite version of the character, even if in character she's done some pretty terrible things XD
    I saw the pic of her and thought how weird it was they had her looking like a teenager... I haven't followed up on her character in a while. Anyone have any links that can bring me up to speed on this version of her?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    I saw the pic of her and thought how weird it was they had her looking like a teenager... I haven't followed up on her character in a while. Anyone have any links that can bring me up to speed on this version of her?
    she looks like witch's little sis...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=52055

scroll down some, questions like

Another interesting development that arose in "The Trial of Jean Grey" is that the teenage Jean has developed a powerful new ability that seems to be a combination of her telepathic and telekinetic powers. What can you tell us about this ability and how it works?

will help.

here is her wiki

http://marvel.wikia.com/Jean_Grey_(Earth-TRN240)
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Before them 4 we had 4* Hulkbuster released along with the last new 3*s (SW, QS, Vision during Ultron) and before that I believe 4* Kingpin.

I think it's good for the game though. While I won't cover a 4* for a good few years, I've got enough to cover in the meantime. I just want my favourite characters that get released to be 3* so they're attainable for me though
  • TxMoose
    Options
    now that I can hit 1K every once in a while they are making it dang hard by diluting the pool and stretching out the cycles... really I think a small part of the player base wants all this. maybe its just me that doesn't, I don't know. seems like too much but what do I know.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    now that I can hit 1K every once in a while they are making it dang hard by diluting the pool and stretching out the cycles... really I think a small part of the player base wants all this. maybe its just me that doesn't, I don't know. seems like too much but what do I know.

There is still going to be a 3* reward and progression in the PVE.
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

There is still going to be a 3* reward and progression in the PVE.
    thing is I HAVE to get the **** for essential purposes in pve. even though I play half of the pves casually now, if a panther or kamala come up, mine really need t50 out of me and that is soooo much easier with all the essentials.