Jean Grey ...Another 4*, another 7 day event....ugh

Comments

• nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    It's the players fault to an extent, but it's the system.

If your 1 say from a prize and put in all that time why wouldn't you play again to move up, so you do and the next guy does and the cycle continues.

We grind against each other not because we want to, but because we have to under the current system. It's not fun, the first play on any story event is fun, the 4th - 6th are not. Playing for 4 hours straight because you have to, to not fall out of top 10, isn't fun. But falling out of top 10 after all that work?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    This s the fourth in a row, right? Hulkbuster, Carnage, Ant Man, now this!?

I'm a year in, and still haven't fully covered any four star. The reward structure sucks, and is completely inadequate if it is going to be a four star every time. I won't do a 7 day grind fest! I've tried it too many times now. It just isn't worth killing myself for this.

I've posted this before. We're tired of so much 'PvE' that isn't really PvE. The only real competition in most of what they call PvE is the insane point race against other players. It is player vs player, make no bones about it.

You need more variation. More PvE that is PvE, like gauntlet. If I can clear every node and get nothing due to the actions of another player, that isn't PvE. You need a reward layout that doesn't require you and your entire alliance making this a full time job.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

You forgot Thing... and i think Bullseye was after IMHB. So we had a 3* in there.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

You forgot Thing... and i think Bullseye was after IMHB. So we had a 3* in there.

To clarify, four in a row - Carnage->Thing->Ant-Man->Jean Grey.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Ah, right. So it is 4 in a row, I just had one of the 4 wrong. And 5 out of the last 6.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

I'm a year in, and still haven't fully covered any four star. The reward structure sucks, and is completely inadequate if it is going to be a four star every time. I won't do a 7 day grind fest! I've tried it too many times now. It just isn't worth killing myself for this.

I've posted this before. We're tired of so much 'PvE' that isn't really PvE. The only real competition in most of what they call PvE is the insane point race against other players. It is player vs player, make no bones about it.

You need more variation. More PvE that is PvE, like gauntlet. If I can clear every node and get nothing due to the actions of another player, that isn't PvE. You need a reward layout that doesn't require you and your entire alliance making this a full time job.

they need to make PVP like Gaunlet everyone should be able to earn all of those PVP rewards if you want to Kill PVE and turn it into gaunlet then i want them to kill PVP and do the same.

Dont like it then Skip it and try to grab it when its on the So great PVP plan noone is forcing you to play it. Face it the only time you will use 4 stars the rest of the year

1. in the PVE that is right after the 4 star is rewarded
    2. for the ess 4 star nod in PVE what i highly doubt we will see this one before nov needed.

I would rather see PVE a fix Rate meaning Stage 1 pts are the same as Stage 7. Therefore those who do get burned out in the middle of PVE and Rest in the middle and then come back the last few days without having to worry about being lapped or run hard and then take it easy the last few days. Tried of seeing DAY 1 400 max pts while the final day the pts are now 1500 (meaning if you can grind your brains out the first 5 days and if you take it easy the last 2 everyone is going to lap you)

I would love to see PVE go PURE ULTRON TYPE MODE

Say Round 8 will be 2 million for a pure 20 allaince or 200,000 per member (so a one person team would have stage 8 at 200,000 pts of health.

this would allow Everyone to get the covers. and then again it would bankrupt the company.
  • Malcrof
    firethorne wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Ah, right. So it is 4 in a row, I just had one of the 4 wrong. And 5 out of the last 6.

If we go last 10, add in QS, SW, Vision, and sorta forgot who was before that actually.... So last 10 looks to be 5/5?
  • JVReal wrote:

Do we risk a late join on this one?

Always...PVE Slackers FTW!

icon_e_biggrin.gif

easy...marc
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Agreed 100%, Malcrof.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

If we go last 10, add in QS, SW, Vision, and sorta forgot who was before that actually.... So last 10 looks to be 5/5?

For 2015 I think we have these characters:

Luke cage
    Squirrel girl
    Star lord
    Cyclops
    Iron fist
    Prof. X
    Kamala Khan
    Kingpin
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Imhb
    Vision
    Bullseye
    Carnage
    Thing
    Ant-man
    Now Jean grey
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    What they need to do is stop putting covers that I don't need into my tokens and vault.
    I have sold three Hulkbuster blue covers and have yet to see a single red.
    I have sold three PX Master Plan covers, but there it is again, staring at me from my vault when I forget to refresh it.

I'm pretty much done my three star transition, there's just a few characters that I'm missing or haven't leveled at all. The only one that I'm really "missing" is Fist, because I only have two purple covers. I have at least one of every 4* and I have three that are level 166+. I just have to balance my ISO spending on 3* PvP characters and 4* transition.

I don't mind 4*s being tough to get, but can we at least stop getting repeats of the ones we already have, or at least make those sold covers worth more than 1,000 ISO?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    What they need to do is stop putting covers that I don't need into my tokens and vault.
    I have sold three Hulkbuster blue covers and have yet to see a single red.
    I have sold three PX Master Plan covers, but there it is again, staring at me from my vault when I forget to refresh it.

I'm pretty much done my three star transition, there's just a few characters that I'm missing or haven't leveled at all. The only one that I'm really "missing" is Fist, because I only have two purple covers. I have at least one of every 4* and I have three that are level 166+. I just have to balance my ISO spending on 3* PvP characters and 4* transition.

I don't mind 4*s being tough to get, but can we at least stop getting repeats of the ones we already have, or at least make those sold covers worth more than 1,000 ISO?
    I think they should make the covers you win colorless, and you choose your color when you redeem them.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. The game is seriously constructed around 3* characters. They are the heart and soul of the game. They are the featured character in PVP, they are the most heavily boosted segment in PVP/PVE, and they are the characters that one can reasonably hope to get when one starts the game. Not only this, but the current 4*s are only really developable by a player because there are so few of them - the only reliable way to get a 4* is to hit 1000, which is possible for a player with a 3* roster. Adding more 4*s to the mix makes it harder and harder to cover them to the point where they're useful.

If they're going to stop introducing 3*s and make the 4* a comparable tier, they need to seriously restructure the game. I doubt they are willing to do this.
  • Malcrof
    So, other than Ultron, what would make a 7 day PVE worth playing? Everyone is divided on the whole 3* or 4* releases, but we do want new characters and ways to get them.. I still do not think a 7 day hardcore grind, forsaking all other obligations, is the way to do it, regardless of who it is, or how many *'s it has.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I don't get it. I honestly don't get it. The game is seriously constructed around 3* characters. They are the heart and soul of the game. They are the featured character in PVP, they are the most heavily boosted segment in PVP/PVE, and they are the characters that one can reasonably hope to get when one starts the game. Not only this, but the current 4*s are only really developable by a player because there are so few of them - the only reliable way to get a 4* is to hit 1000, which is possible for a player with a 3* roster. Adding more 4*s to the mix makes it harder and harder to cover them to the point where they're useful.

If they're going to stop introducing 3*s and make the 4* a comparable tier, they need to seriously restructure the game. I doubt they are willing to do this.
    if they don't restructure they will have a very small elite group playing 4*s exclusively with the remaining 98% of the player base growing more and more frustrated that every season you see more and more dilution of the 1K **** covers. now it takes more than a season to cycle through each character once at the 1K level. good luck getting to something useful soon.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    The problem is, hulk's event isn't fun.

Enemy of the State introduced the survival nodes, something fun, interesting, and ninja-y that matched the story. Hulk's event doesn't have a different feel than any of the other events. It is just a bunch of nodes with a hulk skin pasted over it.

Also Enemy of the State gave out a whole bunch of tokens. Hulk gives out the same green hulk cover we had maxed out the last time this event ran.

Can you not make it so that if you finish all of the nodes at least once, you get a Jean Grey cover at the end instead? Make it worth our while to actually join the event from the beginning and grind it out instead of waiting for a new slice to open up on day 5 or 6 to grind out max covers?

Obviously the answer is to make progression rewards more valuable than placement rewards... especially since those actually grinding for placement by joining early are hitting the max progression about two days into the event.

Keep the 3* progression reward where it is, but give us a guaranteed one or two 4* covers for actually doing the grind for seven days instead of joining at the end and being rewarded with better covers for less work.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Buret0 wrote:
    The problem is, hulk's event isn't fun.

Enemy of the State introduced the survival nodes, something fun, interesting, and ninja-y that matched the story. Hulk's event doesn't have a different feel than any of the other events. It is just a bunch of nodes with a hulk skin pasted over it.

The Hulk event also introduced Frank Castle with his hulk-busting red ability. Not that it should change anything else about your post. Just sayin' icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    The event isn't on my screen yet, hoping to find when it does show, that maybe they have heard some of our pleas and there is a nice added progression.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue seems like theres confusion on the developers part as to whether the covers are the journey or destination.

We all know people play for the characters, or you'd play puzzles and dragons or something instead.

Like if I fully cover my 4 star whatever and level it up, technically there has been nothing to offer me but boosted enemies the 1 star players can play too.
    You can't technically even develop gameplay around characters that have a .3 percent chance of dropping and are awarded to 1/10 of each bracket at most generous. (non introductory events it gets lowered to .4% of the bracket)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Jean release is something I am not looking forward to, and I love the char and I voted for her. But we just had 4 4* in a row, and she is going to be released in a 7 day event. THIS IS NOT COOL, big mistake D3

I think they really need to do something like Antman for all 4s released in the future, create an special event so you can win one cover, (it doesnt need to be a month long, a week is more than enough) and then top100 for another one.

I really hope (eventhough I know it is not going to happen) that instead of a Hulk we are given a Jean Grey

PS: and Young Jean should be a 3, Phoenix should be the 4, but yeah, I know that 4 doesnt have anything to do with power...
    Ps: And yeah we play for the chars, but at this rate winning 4 is going to stop being special, and then 5 will be released and instead of months to cover it will be years and the game will die. They really need to create new events faster, so it is not all about winning chars. This game is really fun to play, and now we have a lot of variety, so give us more events to play!