Jean Grey ...Another 4*, another 7 day event....ugh

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shall be ignoring this event until the last hour, possibly 2. My kids finish school tomorrow and I will be working extra long night shifts from Friday night onwards.

I still have Carnage, Ant Man and Professor X to find roster slots for too.
  • JVReal wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Im just glad they're using current Jean. She's my favorite version of the character, even if in character she's done some pretty terrible things XD
    I saw the pic of her and thought how weird it was they had her looking like a teenager... I haven't followed up on her character in a while. Anyone have any links that can bring me up to speed on this version of her?

The short version? Beast, because all of the original adult x-men turned out drastically different than he remembered feeling they would as kids, and , well, because COMIC BOOKS, he brings the teenage x-men (Beast, Grey, Cyc, Ice, and Angel) to the present as sort of a "LOOK HOW WE USED TO BE/TURNED OUT" to both the prior versions and current versions.

And then he couldn't send them back, so the 60's X-Men have been having varieties of adventures while trying to not get killed, but in neat new costumes that I really inexplicably adore (Im gonna blame my love of sentai from Power Rangers).

I kinda wish we'd get a 2 star cyclops of this team, and then a 3 star combo of Beast, angel, and Iceman as one char, (each providing one power) all in the new costumes so you could line them up as a team.

I might be a bit of a goof though.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the Hulk event The Hunt? If so why aren't 4* releases getting their own story lines to actually suit their character? Seriously Lazy design work!

If it is a whole new story event then I apologise in advance.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Hulk event is....The Hulk.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Yeeeaaahh.... I think I'm gonna pass on this event. Casual, at most. A bit of iso farming. I've been waiting for her, but not really liking the version picked for 4* (was hoping for phoenix).

Meh.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Not happy w the 7 day event either, lack of sleep last time for ant man left me getting sick, not worth it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nooope. We shall see if this is the event that gets me kicked from the alliance.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Nooope. We shall see if this is the event that gets me kicked from the alliance.

I think I'd be in the same Boat if I hadn't just retired from this circus. It's sad that I can now say I'm more happy being top 300 than I ever was being top 20.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jean is the first character in our game who only deals damage to the entire enemy team at once.

Except Black Panther, She-Hulk, and Kamala, right?

For tinykitty's sake.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    d0nk3y wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I think I'd be in the same Boat if I hadn't just retired from this circus. It's sad that I can now say I'm more happy being top 300 than I ever was being top 20.

Hey d0nk3y! It's been really nice not caring about BoP or the Heroic and only playing DDQ for a couple days. I was totally just thinking about quitting when you did. The psychological factor of not wanting to let down the alliance makes me play a lot more than I really want to.

Those guys work too hard to carry me on their coattails for 6 days so I can late join on the last day. Maybe I'll get motivated in the next couple days, but I don't see it happening.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    i am about to become the ultimate hypocrite. I have plans this weekend, so grinding to near 300k like i did in EoTS is out, and anyone who saw the thread, saw me complain about people joining last day, getting fresh brackets and winning 3 covers by grinding for a whopping 2 hours, while some of us who forgot our names and shunned any semblance of a social life, struggled to get 2.

Sorry Jean, i may end up trying to last minute this.. unless the iso in the PVE is too good to pass up.. but i am not ever again going to be setting my clocks and losing sleep or saying no to social outings for a 7 day grind again.

3 or 4 day, sure, my wife can live without me for 1 day on the weekend or something, but 7 days has officially become too much for me.

now watch, i will be my usual lemming self and try to get a bazillion points anyway even though i am clearly stating i won't, a double hypocrite.

Uuuhm, dude?

That's not hypocrisy, that's accepting the reality of a situation. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

Frankly, I am still amazed, confused, and perhaps even a bit frightened by people who can devote 7 days, at non-negotiable 8-hour intervals, finishing with 1-2 hours of grinding each day, for a chance at a few covers.

Late-starting makes the game feel almost as much like an actual game as DDQ does. Not quite, but almost.

I wouldn't worry about late-starting. Looking back at all the time wasted, it's going to seem a lot less ridiculous than working what amounts to a second job for a week straight for 1-3 1/13ths of one of 80+ characters in a video game on your phone... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Mawtful wrote:
    Jean is the first character in our game who only deals damage to the entire enemy team at once.

For tinykitty's sake.

All three of her powers hurt the team. Calm down. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Because greed.

The End.
  • Mawtful wrote:

For tinykitty's sake.
    but time travel!
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Because greed.

The End.

I don't understand how greed is responsible for a 7 day event.

We, the forumites, are responsible for 7 day events.

Subs used to be 8-12 hours. We complained endlessly about ending times, and we got time-shards. We still complained that having subs end at 6 am and 6 pm (example) sucks, so they standardized subs for 24 hours. We complained about subs running at the same time, so they revamped the events so subs run consecutively. Some of the PvE stories are long enough that they cannot be done in less than 7 subs. Hence, 7 day events. icon_cry.gif
  • Lidolas wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Because greed.

The End.

I don't understand how greed is responsible for a 7 day event.

We, the forumites, are responsible for 7 day events.

Subs used to be 8-12 hours. We complained endlessly about ending times, and we got time-shards. We still complained that having subs end at 6 am and 6 pm (example) sucks, so they standardized subs for 24 hours. We complained about subs running at the same time, so they revamped the events so subs run consecutively. Some of the PvE stories are long enough that they cannot be done in less than 7 subs. Hence, 7 day events. icon_cry.gif
    no...
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    What's up with the version we got of her? I guess Phoenix and Classic Jean were just too much to ask...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    4* transition is not supposed to be an overnight thing
    But if it takes, say 3 months to cover and level a 4* character, and they release four 4*s every 3 months, we're stuck inside a hamster wheel that's spinning way faster than we're running.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm seriously starting to think it's time to drop to a casual alliance. The 3* transition was fun. The 4* transition isn't; it takes forever and is endlessly frustrating.

We would be happy to have you join our casual alliance.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    4* transition is not supposed to be an overnight thing
    But if it takes, say 3 months to cover and level a 4* character, and they release four 4*s every 3 months, we're stuck inside a hamster wheel that's spinning way faster than we're running.

Which from 5 months ago is what everyone was saying about the never-ending slew of 3* releases, while people screamed for a real 4* transition...