Jean Grey ...Another 4*, another 7 day event....ugh

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    4* transition is not supposed to be an overnight thing
    But if it takes, say 3 months to cover and level a 4* character, and they release four 4*s every 3 months, we're stuck inside a hamster wheel that's spinning way faster than we're running.

Which from 5 months ago is what everyone was saying about the never-ending slew of 3* releases, while people screamed for a real 4* transition...
    The people doing the screaming were asking for easier ways to get covers, without listening to those of us who have plenty of covers and a roster with a 5 million ISO deficit.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    everybody is sick of all these character releases nobody is getting more than 5-6 covers for 6 months later and no ISO for anyways.

When will you address this or at least acknowledge it?
  • Yeah I was hoping for some sort of Phoenix regen power. Like you knock her out and she just comes back stronger, kind of thing.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    But if it takes, say 3 months to cover and level a 4* character, and they release four 4*s every 3 months, we're stuck inside a hamster wheel that's spinning way faster than we're running.

Which from 5 months ago is what everyone was saying about the never-ending slew of 3* releases, while people screamed for a real 4* transition...
    The people doing the screaming were asking for easier ways to get covers, without listening to those of us who have plenty of covers and a roster with a 5 million ISO deficit.

^ this, that last sentence, that is where i live now.. i have 20 3*s i can take to 166 if someone can lend me 3 million iso or so...

If they had a nice noncompetetive iso farm, i would take a month and just grind, just to get my toons where i want them
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hell, I'd be happy if a 4-star character really takes 3 months to cover and level. I've been playing over a year and I'm still trying to fully cover a 4-star character that was released before I started playing (Invisible Woman).
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell, I'd be happy if a 4-star character really takes 3 months to cover and level. I've been playing over a year and I'm still trying to fully cover a 4-star character that was released before I started playing (Invisible Woman).

Heh, I'm on day 636 and I just recently (maybe a month ago) finished covering my first four star, my beloved 5/3/5 Invisible Woman.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    How fun is it to totally keep asking for feedback and then basically **** on peolpes foreheads.

I'm not against new characters
    but I'm very against fan favorites being bared behind what has essentially become the, play for a year or 2 or spend 2000 dollars tier.

as someone said 5 stars, or more normal percentages for 4 stars need to be introduced because this is beyond ridiculous, and is a pretty decent way to keep whales around and shun anyone slightly interested in joining the game.

7 day event and then shoved behind pvp gates with scarce points.

Last minute dude here as well. Not like she'll be usable even with 1st place anyhow.
    Why even bother testing the antman type deal and then do this anyway?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Already decided to just join on the final day and hope for the best. Not going to grind another 7 day event for a 4-star character. Screw that junk.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to get really screwed because I think too many people are going to join the event late at this point.

I have no interest in quadrupling or quintupling the progress awards because everyone wants a fan favorite. I'm pretty sure less people pickung up MPQ know who antman is then jean grey.

At this point expect gambit to be a 5 star premiered during a new 14 day event called, 'don't miss the refresh mon cheri'
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think I'll pass, thanks.

7 days. Dark Avengers. 4*.

1 + 1 + 1 = grindy tedious nightmare.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    Sorry Jean, i may end up trying to last minute this.. unless the iso in the PVE is too good to pass up.. but i am not ever again going to be setting my clocks and losing sleep or saying no to social outings for a 7 day grind again.

Welcome to the dark side... maybe

In all honesty, those joining really late don't really care if a new slice opens or not. Either 7 days with free time, or possibly a couple hours at the end for a cover or two. It's win / win.. seeing as fully covering a 4* will take months anyway.

Jeanie, might see you soon
  • Guys, here's the thing that a lot of you seem to be missing: The only people ultimately responsible for how hard you need to grind are us, the players. I mean, I totally share the frustrations echoed here - the time vs reward ratio especially for a 7-day PvE is just not attractive to me as a player. I simply don't have the time (or maybe more significantly the inclination) to compete with the super hardcore who always dominate in new character release PvE's; but that's not entirely D3's doing. But let's not kid ourselves - if this was a 4-day event, we would still be far from an ideal senario.

If others are - and they really are - willing to religiously and ruthlessly grind it out and finish ahead of me with multiples of my score - then they totally deserve those covers. I'm not "entitled" to every new character and if others are prepared to work harder to get it, so be it!

I'm sure D3 will be doing more and broadening the reward tiers before too long (the analytics should make it pretty clear to them that the vast vast majority of players with 4* covers simply don't use them because they don't have enough covers or ISO). I've been playing for about a year now and I'm just starting to max out my 3*'s. It sucks to see new characters like Jean out of my reach, but the reality is that even if I did work reasonably hard and land a cover then she'd just sit in my roster right next to Thing, PX, KP, and Antman with one cover for many many many months to come. I am not a whale; I spend all my earned HP on roster slots, and try to be HP-neutral when competing in PvP (ie shielding once toward the end using the HP earned through placement in the event itself)....so the 1000 HP 4* reward is a little out of reach for me....I usually finish up around 850 points.

In the current environment, I would expect OPTIMISTICALLY to be in a position to max level a 4* in maybe 18 months time. more realistically it would probably be 2 years or more, but obviously RNG is RNG so its hard to predict it accurately.

So yeah for what its worth I agree its frustrating. I hope to see further progress on roster slot prices & the great ISO drought. I expect D3 will continue to adjust the 4* transition curve. I think that deeper systemic issue is the real source of frustration here, not the length of the event itself.
  • Another 4*? Geez...

In a year they will make a 5* transition, with 395 max lvl, buffed to 550. 40k health points. Super fun.

And normal Jean should totally have been 3* with Phoenix at 4*.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Lidolas wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Jean is the first character in our game who only deals damage to the entire enemy team at once.

Except Black Panther, She-Hulk, and Kamala, right?

For tinykitty's sake.

All three of her powers hurt the team. Calm down. icon_e_smile.gif

The quote I really liked was:
    Marvel.com: It's super interesting that she can only damage the entire enemy team. There aren't a ton of abilities in the game that do that. Thor's Call the Storm, Ms. Marvel's Embiggened Bash, and Carnage's Symbiote Scythes come to mind but they're purely damage based. Jean's come with some built-in utility.

So....... there aren't a lot of AOE abilities in the game? Really?

Some day they're going to proofread/fact check these things. They've been making glaring mistakes like that since day 1.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    everybody is sick of all these character releases nobody is getting more than 5-6 covers for 6 months later and no ISO for anyways.

As long as D3 entices a small number of players to whale up the new characters with XX hundred dollars of cover & ISO purchases, I suspect they make their revenue targets and care much less about whether they aggravate the majority of the player base in the process.

I can really feel the game structure starting to creak now. They can't expand the 3* roster much farther and leave any hope for a new player to transition. They can't keep cranking out every new character as a 4* and leave any hope for veteran players to collect the necessary covers & ISO. They provide minimal new story/gameplay content and rely on 'OOoo, new shiny!' to drive player engagement and spending.

These are not marks of a game that has an extraordinarily long shelf life remaining to it, even with the Marvel license to print money attached.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    Jean is the first character in our game who only deals damage to the entire enemy team at once.

Except Black Panther, She-Hulk, and Kamala, right?

For tinykitty's sake.

All three of her powers hurt the team. Calm down. icon_e_smile.gif

The quote I really liked was:
    Marvel.com: It's super interesting that she can only damage the entire enemy team. There aren't a ton of abilities in the game that do that. Thor's Call the Storm, Ms. Marvel's Embiggened Bash, and Carnage's Symbiote Scythes come to mind but they're purely damage based. Jean's come with some built-in utility.

So....... there aren't a lot of AOE abilities in the game? Really?

Some day they're going to proofread/fact check these things. They've been making glaring mistakes like that since day 1.

Takes too much time. It is easier to accept the mistake and move on like it never happened.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It's going to get really screwed because I think too many people are going to join the event late at this point.

I have no interest in quadrupling or quintupling the progress awards because everyone wants a fan favorite. I'm pretty sure less people pickung up MPQ know who antman is then jean grey.

At this point expect gambit to be a 5 star premiered during a new 14 day event called, 'don't miss the refresh mon cheri'

and watch that be the big event in nov.. 5 stars...

bring back ULTRON
  • Malcrof
    mjh wrote:

As long as D3 entices a small number of players to whale up the new characters with XX hundred dollars of cover & ISO purchases, I suspect they make their revenue targets and care much less about whether they aggravate the majority of the player base in the process.

I can really feel the game structure starting to creak now. They can't expand the 3* roster much farther and leave any hope for a new player to transition. They can't keep cranking out every new character as a 4* and leave any hope for veteran players to collect the necessary covers & ISO. They provide minimal new story/gameplay content and rely on 'OOoo, new shiny!' to drive player engagement and spending.

These are not marks of a game that has an extraordinarily long shelf life remaining to it, even with the Marvel license to print money attached.

I am really ok with all the new releases being 4*.. we are flooded with 3*s as it is, loads of complaining about certain people and covers not being in rotation enough, if they saturate it any more, not even DDQ is going to be all that helpful if it takes a year to get 1 cover of each 3*.

Iso and more ways to earn 4*s.. that is all we need. Keep the 4*'s coming, the more we have, the higher chance we have of getting a DDQ type thing for 4*s, not spending another HP to roster a 3*, i have them all, what i want is to finish covering them, level them, and have a real chance to transition to 4* land.
  • Malcrof
    Couple of things.. i am very much ok with her being a 4*, no more 3*'s please (maybe fix a couple of the current ones, which it looks like you are trying to do right now, so keep tweaking them, you will get to spidey eventually), we have plenty and the DDQ rotation is long enough as it is.. keep the 4*'s coming, and soon we will have enough to get a DDQ style event for 4* covers permanently.

My issue was simply that a 7 day event, outside of Ultron, is a mess to try and get a 4*. Ultron works because you can do it at your leisure, and have 19 other people helping you, NOT competing against you, yes we will complain about his bomb damage, etc, etc. but in the end, 1 day after the complaining stops, we all ask for it again for a new release.. so that should tell you something right there..

Using Ultron for releases also fixes the " ground for 7 days and missed it, ****...".. if you can hit 1 mil progression, you get 1 cover (like the antman pvp, 1 cover at the end), the other 3 covers will be in the round 6/7/8 nodes.. so the PVP ends with T100 teams getting 4 covers, as the would have, and those alliances that normally couldn't do t100, have a shot at round 6, but not a definite, so still encourages playing.

not to mention Ultron tends to be profitable due to those wonderful tokens!

here is the caveat: Do ultron for every new release, and we will eventually tire of it.. so.. can't win, can you....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Couple of things.. i am very much ok with her being a 4*, no more 3*'s please (maybe fix a couple of the current ones, which it looks like you are trying to do right now, so keep tweaking them, you will get to spidey eventually), we have plenty and the DDQ rotation is long enough as it is.. keep the 4*'s coming, and soon we will have enough to get a DDQ style event for 4* covers permanently.

My issue was simply that a 7 day event, outside of Ultron, is a mess to try and get a 4*. Ultron works because you can do it at your leisure, and have 19 other people helping you, NOT competing against you, yes we will complain about his bomb damage, etc, etc. but in the end, 1 day after the complaining stops, we all ask for it again for a new release.. so that should tell you something right there..

Using Ultron for releases also fixes the " ground for 7 days and missed it, ****...".. if you can hit 1 mil progression, you get 1 cover (like the antman pvp, 1 cover at the end), the other 3 covers will be in the round 6/7/8 nodes.. so the PVP ends with T100 teams getting 4 covers, as the would have, and those alliances that normally couldn't do t100, have a shot at round 6, but not a definite, so still encourages playing.

not to mention Ultron tends to be profitable due to those wonderful tokens!
    Well, for the Hulkbuster release, a grand total of TWO alliances got all 3 colours.
    So unless they fix that, no, Ultron isn't the answer to all problems concerning 4* releases.