** Captain America (Steve Rogers) **

edited April 2018 in Character Details
icon_captainamericapng Captain America (Steve Rogers) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Sentinel of Liberty
Power Cost - 19 yellowtilepng

Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank.

Character Level 15:
Power Level 1 - Changes 3 chosen basic tiles change into (24 strength) yellowtilepng protectpng.
Power Level 2 - 26 strength.
Power Level 3 - Increased strength.
Power Level 4 - Increased strength.
Power Level 5 - 4 tiles.
Character Level 94:
Power Level 3 - Changes 3 chosen basic tiles into (148 strength) yellowtilepng protectpng.
Power Level 4 - 166 strength.
Power Level 5 - 4 tiles.

Star Spangled Avenger
Power Cost - 11 redtilepng

The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle.

Character Level 15:
Power Level 1 - A chosen basic tile deals 95 damage and changes into a 3 turn countdownpng that returns 8 redtilepng.
Power Level 2 - Returns 9 redtilepng.
Power Level 3 - Also changes strikepng, protectpng, attackpng and webpng.
Power Level 4 - Returns 10 redtilepng.
Power Level 5 - Changes any tile and 131 damage.
Character Level 94:
Power Level 3 - A chosen basic tile, strikepng, protectpng, attackpng or webpng deals 578 damage and changes into a 3 turn countdownpng that returns 9 redtilepng.
Power Level 4 - 627 damage and returns 10 redtilepng.
Power Level 5 - Changes any tile and 676 damage.

Peacemaker
Power Cost - 12 bluetilepng

Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy.
Power Level 1 - A chosen basic tile stuns the enemy for 2 turns and changes into a 3 turn countdownpng that returns 8 bluetilepng.
Power Level 2 - Returns 9 bluetilepng.
Power Level 3 - Also changes strikepng, protectpng, attackpng and webpng.
Power Level 4 - Returns 10 bluetilepng.
Power Level 5 - Changes any tile.

Last Major Update: 2013-10

*
Earlier post:
[anchor=captainamerica2]Captain America (Modern)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 4450 Tile damage: 50/45/39/9/10/11
Sentinel of Liberty - Yellow 19 AP
Captain America courageously rushes to protect the team’s flank. Transforms 3 chosen basic tiles into Yellow Protect tiles, each with a strength of 13.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Increases Protect Strength to 7. Level 3 – Increases Protect Strength to 8. Level 4 – Increases Protect Strength to 10. Level 5 – Transform 4 tiles.
Max Level: Damage reduced by 150 per Protecttile
Star Spangled Avenger - Red 11 AP
The Captain hurls his trusty shield into battle. Hits the target for 50 damage and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Red AP.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Returns 9 Red AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. Level 4 – Returns 10 Red AP. Level 5 – Can target any tile.
Max Level: 614 damage
Peacemaker - Blue 12 AP
Captain America gallantly launches his shield at the enemy. Stuns the target for 2 turns and transforms a chosen basic tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 8 Blue AP.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2 – Returns 9 Blue AP. Level 3 – Can target Strike, Protect, Attack, and Web tiles. Level 4 – Returns 10 Blue AP. Level 5 – Can target any tile.

Original post:

Now that the tournaments which were Captain America focused are over or winding down does anyone plan on continuing to use him? My Captain America is 43 with my Iron Man being 45 and sadly Iron Man still seems a bit better for my setup. Just curious how other people are feeling about him. For Captain being a two star character I feel he has been a complete let down.
Failed to load the poll.
«13456710

Comments

  • tac194 wrote:
    Now that the tournaments which were Captain America focused are over or winding down does anyone plan on continuing to use him? My Captain America is 43 with my Iron Man being 45 and sadly Iron Man still seems a bit better for my setup. Just curious how other people are feeling about him. For Captain being a two star character I feel he has been a complete let down.

    I enjoy Cpt quite a bit but it depends on the tournament in question as to when/if I use him however since he's a 2 star, he will undoubtedly have much better stats than Iron Man when he gets to his max level.
  • I'm going to be rude here. He is kind of tinykitty, even at max level. For his shield ability to be better, the cost needs to be lowered. And as for the return AP skills, I would say a 2 turn countdown would allow his skills to be a bit more spammy in a way that compensates for the lower damage/AP ratio, or more sustainable stun.
  • Bombul wrote:
    I'm going to be rude here. He is kind of tinykitty, even at max level. For his shield ability to be better, the cost needs to be lowered. And as for the return AP skills, I would say a 2 turn countdown would allow his skills to be a bit more spammy in a way that compensates for the lower damage/AP ratio, or more sustainable stun.

    You maxed him out? What build did you go with? I'm thinking his abilities would be pretty awesome if paired with a good stunner like Venom (with stun all); it'd basically take at least one turn off his timer making you able to use his abilities at least 2x in a very short period. Of course that's all theorycraft since I don't have him maxed. icon_e_smile.gif
  • having used captain america in almost fight since his inception, i must say without his overpowering base damage with 150% increase, there really is no point in using him. maxed red skill literally does half of repulsor blast with the chance of gaining ur ap back (can't use board clearing skills or u have a chance of ruining it).

    hard to say really, he's just like other niche characters, unlike thor who can be used in every comp just blowing out everyone with massive damage.
  • forgrim wrote:
    having used captain america in almost fight since his inception, i must say without his overpowering base damage with 150% increase, there really is no point in using him. maxed red skill literally does half of repulsor blast with the chance of gaining ur ap back (can't use board clearing skills or u have a chance of ruining it).

    hard to say really, he's just like other niche characters, unlike thor who can be used in every comp just blowing out everyone with massive damage.

    Good points; perhaps his best teammates have yet to be released and he'll find some better use in the future.
  • He's amazing vs Hammer/Magia, especially when combined with 1 star Storm. He's got 3 skills that will set up extra combos for you (dat yellow with 3/4 tiles to place, damn!). I don't use him much in PVP but he makes all the solo stuff easy as pie.
  • i never ever seem to have a chance to use the NINETEEN AP YELLOW skill that he has. and when i do, the fight is pretty much over
  • hogunner wrote:
    You maxed him out? What build did you go with? I'm thinking his abilities would be pretty awesome if paired with a good stunner like Venom (with stun all); it'd basically take at least one turn off his timer making you able to use his abilities at least 2x in a very short period. Of course that's all theorycraft since I don't have him maxed. icon_e_smile.gif

    I have him at level 50, 3/5/5 skills. The initial levels were for the Arena tourney, and I hesitated in further levels because he didn't seem remotely useful even at level 50. I fought someone using a level 85 Capt America twice, and he was a total pushover. Didn't cast the shield defence skill, and even with boosted damage his shield throws weren't all that great or frequent enough... which was why I thought he needed to get his AP back faster to be effective, and needed to have a higher chance of casting his shield defence. 4465 total life (level 85) was so-so, wasn't in a hurry to take him down anyway since he wasn't a threat.

    If you had a Venom, I'll much rather pair him with Spidey or Bagman. At this moment I'm just not very convinced by Capt America in anything, and would use Iron Man over him.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    He's amazing vs Hammer/Magia, especially when combined with 1 star Storm. He's got 3 skills that will set up extra combos for you (dat yellow with 3/4 tiles to place, damn!). I don't use him much in PVP but he makes all the solo stuff easy as pie.

    If you used another character worth his salt, I'm sure you'll find the solo stuff even easier.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i never ever seem to have a chance to use the NINETEEN AP YELLOW skill that he has. and when i do, the fight is pretty much over
    I'm using him in the Red Iso stuff right now. My team is Wolverine [3/0/3](strike tiles + hailstorm is hilarious), 1 star Storm [5/3/5] and him at 1/2/2. Storm generally racks up so much AP that I have no trouble getting off his yellow every match.
  • you know, i hate using hailstorm simply because it covers all the damn tiles and i find it harder to see to try to get optimal matches.
  • forgrim wrote:
    you know, i hate using hailstorm simply because it covers all the damn tiles and i find it harder to see to try to get optimal matches.

    100% agree; it really discombobulates me and I find my level of play goes way down.
  • I don't plan on using him much unless I am forced to. Mine is currently at 3/3/5. I have 2 extra red covers and one yellow sitting around as I'm still debating what build I want.

    He isn't very useful, to be honest. Due to his low dmg and high AP costs, he rarely does anything in battle. I'm not sure if I want to max his yellow so I can put four tiles down or just max his red for easier dispatching in PvE. I've probably only used his yellow skill once or twice since there are way better yellow skills that cost less AP (thor's 11 AP skill).

    I feel like he would be really useful in tough PvE matches where there are only goons though, as you can pop a red/blue skill on their countdown tiles (which is why I might want to max out red instead of yellow) and then rinse/repeat.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    I feel like he would be really useful in tough PvE matches where there are only goons though, as you can pop a red/blue skill on their countdown tiles (which is why I might want to max out red instead of yellow) and then rinse/repeat.

    This is what I've been using mine for. I whittle them down with red & blue strikes, getting back almost all my AP after the countdown + whatever I've collected since then, means I can spam them repeatedly while keeping one goon stun locked; finish them off with power shots from my Iron Man. With just a small amount of luck, I can do goons way above my level with zero damage. I'm sure there are better teams and strategies out there but I'm having fun which is my main goal. icon_e_smile.gif
  • edited July 2015
    Any suggestions for build?

    I think about maxing Blue skill, cause stun is always good. And then I would prefer Yellow over Red, cause there are many other good Reds and Star Spangled Avenger seems small. So I guess I would make him 5/3/5.
  • he's a pve hero with maxed out red and blue since you can replace problematic tiles with both of these colors and regain ur ap back quicker than they can put down tiles. i NEVER use yellow simply cuz its so damn expensive. up to you tho.
  • His yellow power is too expensive to be useful IMO. Iron Man's is much better for shield + damage. I suggest 5/5/3.

    Even with 5/5/3, this character just doesn't seem very good at all unless he has some kind of weekly event boost of 150% or whatever.

    Pretty sure there will be other versions of him in future updates. Hopefully they will be better!
  • Yeah, you got good point with high cost of Yellow skill and getting rid of annoying tiles with Red skill. Then 3/5/5 it is icon_mrgreen.gif

    Thanks for your help! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Yes, I was going back and forth with 5/3/5 and 3/5/5 for the longest time, but ultimately decided on 3/5/5 for tile control. As stated before, the yellow skill costs WAY too much to be of any use. Perhaps in the future they will change that, but being able to put the red/blue skills on enemy countdown tiles at max level is too good to pass up for just 4 yellow tiles. Plus, the red/blue skills return AP after a few turns
  • captain america's red should be returned after two turns considering the incredibly low damage it does (350 at level 50ish). compare that to iron man blasting away for 1k at 50 and u have a considerable question mark for this skill. for the past couple events tho, my captain has carried me
Sign In or Register to comment.