** Captain America (Steve Rogers) **

Comments

• Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Is 5/4/4 enough of a disaster to abandon a level 75 Cap'n and start over? I've sunk a lot of ISO into him because he's been boosted in PvE events.
  • He's a poor character anyways. You've already sunk 75 levels worth of ISO into him, might as well keep it and use it in the rare instances where the game forces you to.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    He's a poor character anyways. You've already sunk 75 levels worth of ISO into him, might as well keep it and use it in the rare instances where the game forces you to.

This. My cap has been at lvl 35 forever. He isn't very good, and his tile destruction doesn't need ISO to function. Definently not worth wasting more ISO making a new one considering he is nog very good. Heck, if they ever buff him, it will be his yellow being buffed...so even less reason to bother making a second. 5/4/4 is pretty high on the disaster scale though. If we ignore how good each character is its probably around a 5/3/5 spidey.
  • The thing Captain America has going for him is that there aren't many yellow tiles that can be used offensively. We have Invisible Woman, lots of passives, and Spidey's healing. Other than that, there's Thor, and not much else. Of course CA's yellow isn't offensive, but it could be used offensively.

I'm still not sure if this is a good enough reason to make him 5/x/x...
  • I have captian america maxed 4/5/4 at level 67 and his hp is 3525. The only reason i continued to level him is because his health goes from 3525 to 6345 in the Hulk event. Then I just pair hin with classic storm ( lvl 72 , hp-2272, max 5/3/5) and thor ( lvl 57, hp 3630, 3/5/3) and make Rogers take all the damage and help storm generate ap for thors powers.

Im tired of getting captian america covers icon_evil.gif
  • Could build yourself a 3/5/5 with all the extras icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ronfar
    Well, at least my 5/4/4 Captain America isn't as big a disaster as my 4/4/5 Iron Man Model 35. When I discovered there was a power cap I was rather disappointed at what I had ended up with. That's one I'd start over if there was any reason to use IM35 at all when I have Thor and Wolverine both above level 80.
  • My first Captain America is at 5/5/3

Initially, I thought his yellow would be good, able to cause chains. But the cost was too high, it was nothing like both Magnetos.

I heard so many good things about a 3/5/5 build, so I decided to try for another. From the Hulk event, I managed to make another Cap, at 1/2/5.

Now I have 5/5/3 and 1/2/5. Should I sell the first one, and aim to get a 3/5/5 countdown tile killer? I will be needing that slot space.
  • Honestly, I don't really think Cap is worth a slot unless you're collecting all the characters. I consider him that bad. Even boosted he's not great.

For killing countdowns there are better characters at every level IMO --
    1* - M Widow (stun), M Storm (random tile clearing and tile denial), C Hawkeye (targeted tile clearing)
    2* - OBW (increase counters), C Storm (stun, random tile clearing), Magneto MN (targeted tile clearing)
    3* - Spidey (stun), BWGS (targeted tile clearing), Ragnarok (random tile clearing), Magneto (targeted clearing)
    4* - you're kidding, right?

And that's not counting Bagman whose entire existence is related to CD tiles. Or Moonstone, who is just awful.
  • Sell your 5/5/3. Whether you keep the other is up to you. He's not the best character, but I keep mine only because I have 31 slots. He probably won't see much action unless he is buffed in a patch.
  • Thanks for advice guys. I sold my 5/5/3 Cappy.

Now off to build my 3/5/5 Cap. Still need 2 Yellows and 3 Reds now.

Sigh..... here we go again..... curse the no-respec system....
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Thanks for advice guys. I sold my 5/5/3 Cappy.

Now off to build my 3/5/5 Cap. Still need 2 Yellows and 3 Reds now.

Sigh..... here we go again..... curse the no-respec system....
    Wouldn't it be better if you wait to get your second cap maxed? What if there is an event like the hulk which requires a strong cap to fight and win a battle? Oh well, it's too late anyway..
  • For me, I chose a 5/5/3 build for Cap because the 5th point in blue does basically nothing except kill countdown tiles, which isn't a priority for me at all. Even though I don't use Cap regularly, I might if they someday change his yellow, at which point I'll be happy that I built him this way.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold my 5/4/4 Cap because I messed up on my build by going 5 yellow early. Did that after the Hulk event was over but I have a midrange Spiderman and highish level Thor I'm working towards 85 for events when they come up. This past even was great in letting me Build Wolvie. Cap will probably see more play as more and more countdown characters start releasing.
  • Ronfar
    I'm holding onto my level 77 5/4/4 Cap because he keeps getting buffed in PvE events and I have both 30 roster spaces and all 30 different characters to fill them. I have better things to put ISO into than building a new Cap from scratch.
  • i wouldn't put ISO into cap. there's gotta be someone better than him.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Cap's red ability is inefficient given its damage per AP. Max blue and yellow.

With Invisible Woman getting a buff, his yellow may make more sense. He'll be the closest thing to accumulating yellows that we get for a while.
  • With upcoming nerfs I see cap being a more popular character choice, during the hunt event I have enjoyed using him with his buff, his red should do more damage or cost less ap but he is not as useless as people make out.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Cap's red ability is inefficient given its damage per AP. Max blue and yellow.

1 AP inefficient? All of his abilities are very efficient on AP, even the yellow which can gain 20-25 AP per use and nearly pay for itself. His biggest problem is that none of his powers are high impact; they all do relatively little for a big initial cost, and only pay off over the course of a very long fight. But efficiency is kind of his thing.
  • In my honest opinion, it would have made more sense if his yellow made protect tiles passively, rather than costing 19 AP. Simple terms, I think it should have been like Spider-man's passive.

Reason? His Shield is easy to wield, deflect attacks easily. But it is not some kind of ultimate forcefield generator that can deflect repulsors or cannon blasts.

Having him create simple protect tiles easily, would have made more sense than just storing, charging up, then BOOM! A tank appears in front of him.