** Captain America (Steve Rogers) **

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I mean really, can a 2* brother get some love?

No. icon_lol.gif

Be thankful he's this way to avoid the almighty nerf hammer. icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    I mean really, can a 2* brother get some love?
    No. icon_lol.gif
    Be thankful he's this way to avoid the almighty nerf hammer. icon_cool.gif

Because he came pre-nerfed? Come on, man! His shield is supposed to be made of vibranium. At those numbers it's more like a semi-hard cheese. In fact, from this point forward I shall call him Captain Gouda (Food Network).

Go forth, Captain Gouda! Strike fear in the hearts of your enemies with the slightly painful but extremely delicious power of forcefully thrown dairy products! icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    You are looking at it wrong. I'm comparing it to his 3* version. Also, he doesn't have any damaging moves. 600 damage is nothing. I have 5 red covers at level 94 and he still sucks. You are also forgetting that countdowns can be destroyed. I'd rather collect 12 red and use Wolverine's red.
    You're placing them wrong.
    Cap never won purely on brute force. It was his determination and strategy that let him defeat villains. At the start he has difficulties, but in the end-game with stuns he's one of the best for getting out with the least amount of damage, even if it takes more matches.

I agree his yellow skill's cost should be reduced by at least 3 ap. Also his max 3* version is almost twice the level of his 2* version and much rarer. Of course he's going to be way better. If anything, I'd worry about the 3* getting nerfed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok, you have fun with your underpowered 2* Cap then.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Baltias wrote:
    Buff his red power please.

You are asking for impossible here. There's only a nerf hammer in D3P's office. No such thing of "buff" exists. icon_e_wink.gif

While on the other major F2P Marvel game Marvel Heroes, what you asked are continually done by Gaz devs. icon_cool.gif
    Even ignoring the actual 'updating the game regularly' aspect, Gaz would be a great lesson for them to learn about actually maintaining lines of communication
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually spent some time and collected his covers and I'm actually using him in this current event and used in the correct way, he's actually a decent enough character once he gets going. He needs some time to do his warm up exercises and shield throwing practice.

Still needs a funbalance.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For any of you with maxed 2* Cap, how much damage does level 5 red do when he's boosted to 134? Debating whether to put some iso into him for the current PvE event.
  • Trisul wrote:
    For any of you with maxed 2* Cap, how much damage does level 5 red do when he's boosted to 134? Debating whether to put some iso into him for the current PvE event.
    952. Not even 1000. He should do at least twice as much for that cost. That would mean 1200 damage roughly when on level 94 with 5 red. It would be fair if it was 1500 or 1800 even.
  • After repeatedly using him in really long PVE matches, I'm swung. His damage should be at least 25% more if not 40%. It's an 11AP ability -> That'll probably take at least 6 turns to get if you're aiming only for red. It'd be nicer if the 4th cover was overwrite any tile, and the 5th cover was reduce countdown timer to 2, even if AP returned is only 9.
  • I looked up a bit on good 2* red powers and his 3* counterpart. 2* Wolvie does ~3100 damage for 12 red. 3* Cap does 4k damage for same cost. For 11 red I think doing 2000 damage, half of what his 3* counterpart can do, would be ok. Also, while at it, reducing his yellow power cost to 15 or 14 would be nice. It would at least be usable. These are just number changes. They should be easy to implement.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    These are just number changes, they should be easy to implement.

ha ha, you don't know D3 very well then, they could of done this 5 months ago.
  • KevinMark wrote:

Hmm, I don't know what to think actually since they changed MStorm's yellow ability more than once in the same day when she was nerfed (mostly the numbers iirc). It seems like they do it if they want it. Frivolity of the difficulty of implementation may not matter.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    KevinMark wrote:

Hmm, I don't know what to think actually since they changed MStorm's yellow ability more than once in the same day when she was nerfed (mostly the numbers iirc). It seems like they do it if they want it. Frivolity of the difficulty of implementation may not matter.

and yet people have begged and pleaded them since the first few months of the game to just give 2* cap red just a little more damage, lower the cost on moonstone's control shift and lower the cost on ballistic salvo for IM40 which are all helpful and simple changes, still not done.

you're right its all simple number tweaking that shouldn't take much work at all and I don't understand why they're being so lazy about it.
  • I've been changing my cap from 5-5-3 to 3-5-5, currently at 4-5-4. I do like the ability to cancel out countdowns. I agree, red should deal slightly more damage, although they have 3* Cap for that, and Yellow just costs too much.
  • I've invested a ton of time and ISO in Captain America (Modern). I wound up getting a lot of covers for him and I just don't think he's getting it done. He's level 84, 5/3/5.

I have a MN THOR and A WOLVERINE both at level 94. After that, I have a hodgepodge of other characters. Any advice on just selling him off and investing in a different character, or would you keep him around? If you'd sell him, who would you spend the ISO on?

PS - wish I would have found this forum about 2 months ago - would have made some different character decisions if I had!

Thanks in advance.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    warksnarts wrote:
    I've invested a ton of time and ISO in Captain America (Modern). I wound up getting a lot of covers for him and I just don't think he's getting it done. He's level 84, 5/3/5.

I have a MN THOR and A WOLVERINE both at level 94. After that, I have a hodgepodge of other characters. Any advice on just selling him off and investing in a different character, or would you keep him around? If you'd sell him, who would you spend the ISO on?

PS - wish I would have found this forum about 2 months ago - would have made some different character decisions if I had!

Thanks in advance.
    I'd keep him around for PvE events, but I wouldn't put any more ISO into him. It would be good if you could get 2 more Blue covers so he can be 3/5/5 too, but they will come eventually.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    warksnarts wrote:
    I've invested a ton of time and ISO in Captain America (Modern). I wound up getting a lot of covers for him and I just don't think he's getting it done. He's level 84, 5/3/5.

Thanks in advance.
    I'd keep him around for PvE events, but I wouldn't put any more ISO into him. It would be good if you could get 2 more Blue covers so he can be 3/5/5 too, but they will come eventually.

Captain America is the basis for a strong PvE, whether it's the 2* or 3* version. I would pump him up to 94, you won't regret it
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would advise against boosting him to 94 because his damage is so low that it's not worth caring about, and you're better off being able to hide him behind other yellow/red/blue users whenever possible. If you're using him in PvE it's for the stun and his ability to clear enemy special tiles, and if he's tanking then a few unlucky hits can ruin your ability to manage the board. Obviously that doesn't apply to the 3* version because his damage is actually good and he can drop protect tiles much more easily.
  • With Deadpool Daily's, Cap America's value in the survival nodes is immense. Pair him with OBW and Modern Storm (since you're roster restricted) and you should be able to defeat all nodes with careful use of your ablities and decent matching skill.

With Thor and Wolverine, you want them taking the hits, so you don't want Steve levelled.

For regular PVP, I wouldn't bother levelling him, but he becomes the tank if paired with OBW and Storm, so it's necessary to level him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So recently I got a bunch of covers for 2* Cap and decided to use him for the essential bode in one of the previous PvE's. I just fully covered him and dumped ISO in him up to lvl 50. My question is if he's worth keeping or throwing away? I just got Vision from the current PvE progression, so I wanna use him.