**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Could you just, not release this? It's going to clutter up the 1k/1st slot and tokens even more. Just forget to release it. Please. This is worse than IW.
  • Unknown
    Options
    *sniff sniff*

Dya smell that? His cologne reeks of NERF hammer.

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well 13k damage plus board shake for 11 green is going to one shot basicly everyone except some 4*. The red ability will be great for defense. And the attack tiles will really be annoying.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There has never been a stronger defensive character for pvp. Add in KK or Hulkbuster and even full 4 star teams will skip.

Edit: video analysis
    https://youtu.be/P2I1qAitelY
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    should see who is it tomorrow since thursday event will probally be a 4 star
  • Unknown
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Well 13k damage plus board shake for 11 green is going to one shot basicly everyone except some 4*. The red ability will be great for defense. And the attack tiles will really be annoying.

But what are the chances of all the 16 tiles randomly destroyed being special tiles?
    The extra dmg is only for specials destroyed.

Of course, every power fired will create 4 special tiles (2 for each team) so maybe if you choose well the time to trigger it you can get some good dmg, but I think its too unreliable and difficult to predict (pratically if you use it, none of them will be special tiles, and if AI use it on you, all of them will be, so...).
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Looks like 4 star The Thing
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    juggernaut-marvel.jpg
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'll go right ahead and say it...I hate what this character brings to the game.
    He is anti-fun pure and simple.

I genuinely fear this guy will bring on the Sentry 2.0 era of pvp.

14 red AP to deal 10,000 AoE damage unboosted is nuts. The speed at which you can hop with this character supported by either Cyke or Hulkbuster feeding him can easily make this the fastest killing character in the game.

I think there's a very real chance we'll see nothing but this character in top tier pvp over time since speed is king and he'll naturally be strong on defense as well.

I really hope I'm wrong here because this isn't an era of MPQ we need to revisit.

Can we all just agree to NOT use him?

Update: Reading comprehension FAIL on my part. I read his red power as though it dealt 4903 to all enemies and 1800 to allies. The reality of his red is quite a bit more tame (thankfully). That realization aside...I stand by this post just the same. He's abilities are NOT fun to play as or against. He'll still be amazing defensively and there's a very real chance he'll dominate top tier pvp though it's not a sure thing anymore.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:

14 red AP to deal 10,000 AoE damage unboosted is nuts. The speed at which you can hop with this character supported by either Cyke or Hulkbuster feeding him can easily make this the fastest killing character in the game.

I think there's a very real chance we'll see nothing but this character in top tier pvp over time since speed is king and he'll naturally be strong on defense as well.

I really hope I'm wrong here because this isn't an era of MPQ we need to revisit.

damage to all but self. so completely sustainable. loaner+ any random thrid
  • notamutant
    Options
    babinro wrote:

The thing is, he can't be used for real climbing. You can only use him with an ideal team for 2-3 matches before the team damage makes you run out of health packs. He will be the last character used for defense purposes, but he will only be used a bit on the climb up. And by the way, he does more than 10k damage with 2 of his red attacks. More like 16k. And speed doesn't matter as much as it used to with the recent point changes.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    babinro wrote:

The thing is, he can't be used for real climbing. You can only use him with an ideal team for 2-3 matches before the team damage makes you run out of health packs. He will be the last character used for defense purposes, but he will only be used a bit on the climb up. And by the way, he does more than 10k damage with 2 of his red attacks. More like 16k. And speed doesn't matter as much as it used to with the recent point changes.
    I get that but my fear is that we'll just see a wave of him from 800 points and up. Just like things were with sentry. A lot of us wouldn't climb from 0 with sentry but instead preserve our health packs and save him for more meaningful matches. The end result was that he was part or nearly every team you fought against despite little use in active play.

This character screams top tier diversity killer.
  • notamutant
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    babinro wrote:

I get that but my fear is that we'll just see a wave of him from 800 points and up. Just like things were with sentry. A lot of us wouldn't climb from 0 with sentry but instead preserve our health packs and save him for more meaningful matches. The end result was that he was part or nearly every team you fought against despite little use in active play.

This character screams top tier diversity killer.

I suppose, but there are differences now that didn't exist before. 1 is boosted characters. It makes a strong guy like this not as big of a threat. 2 is that it will take 6 months for a top tier player to fully cover without buying covers.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deals 603 damage to the target and 320 damage to everyone else except the user.

Ghost Rider? Fire damage?

Carnage?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rafaelmsb wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

But what are the chances of all the 16 tiles randomly destroyed being special tiles?
    The extra dmg is only for specials destroyed.

Of course, every power fired will create 4 special tiles (2 for each team) so maybe if you choose well the time to trigger it you can get some good dmg, but I think its too unreliable and difficult to predict (pratically if you use it, none of them will be special tiles, and if AI use it on you, all of them will be, so...).
    I misread the green I thought it was just per tile destroyed. That is not nearly as bad then. His green is more like doc Ocks blue then. They are anti storm.
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    It's Carnage, look at it; random psycho violence to all, board shaking anarchy and increasing bloodlust in a passive. It's so lame that we will see Carnage everywhere cuz he's overrated.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm happy we now have the cultural diversity to have a hero named Cletus.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Does anyone really want to use a character that does this much self-damage?

It's Sentry 3.0. People will use him because PvP matches will be insanely short and damn the health pack costs.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played after Hailstorm, his green will definitely deal 10k+ damage. Guess he's also fun with Daken who can take his red collateral damage and recover quickly.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cheap abilities that consume multiple health packs aren't fun. Wasn't there negative feedback for that Deadpool PvP event that just ended? Don't you remember why you removed Sentry team ups from the AI pool?