**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I basically agree with babinro, this character could really undo a lot of the progress that the recent changes have made to team diversity (and whether or not we like the various changes that have occurred since March, it's hard to deny that one effect has been a wider variety of opponents in the 900+ range).

How is this red not Sentry come again? It's only 7 ap and after 2 or 3 casts will have basically destroyed most non 4* teams. (3 casts, one on each target, is about 8.5k damage to each enemy, not including match damage. Compare that to the damage that can be done by 21 green ap with call the storm or embiggened bash or sniper rifle. or with 21 black ap with rage of the panther).

This character seems likely to become the go-to character for shield hopping, where health packs are less pressing concern (especially after the advent of shield cooldowns). And this will definitely be the premium defensive player in the game with all that cheap aoe damage and no concern for health packs on D.

PVP just got its own version of overleveled juggernaut (except instead of a 1-target nuke and self-damage, its an aoe nuke with friendly team damage, but no self-damage at all so sustainability is even better)

Obviously, my complaints are limited by the fact that I haven't played with the character yet, so opinion subject to change. But at first sight, this character doesn't look like a fun addition to the character universe. It looks like an unfun, but necessary member of every roster, and a really annoying enemy to fight (so basically, the new sentry).
  • Unknown
    Options
    His green looks interesting, and with Daken spitting out 8 strike.png to charge it, has some damage potential. 16 tiles is 1/4 of the board so on average you can expect to kill 1/4 of the specials or so. 8 specials on board = 1600 bonus damage or there about.

It bothers me that his green is so much better than Storm (Mohawk). Mororo needs a serious buff.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dont like this character.

But...

When you release him, dont DARE to nerf him, after 3 months, after people pay 400 - 500 € to max him.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Carnage?

Lame.

Also, this guy is going to make those l300+ gauntlet nodes even worse. Better save up on DP points.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    pair him with cyclops for even more red generation and kamala (since its AI is broken to hell and back and keeps on triggering her yellow for no apparent reason) for heal for cyclops and it becomes near impossible to beat him....f**k, the PVE nodes with this guy will be a nightmare.

sentry 2.0 here we come...
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does the black passive trigger from enemy powers too?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    Does the black passive trigger from enemy powers too?

Every non-passive power triggers it, enemy + friendly both.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a character who attacks everyone indiscriminately. I think Carnage is a good guess.

Red at 5 covers does 8519 damage to the enemies, assuming they all live. That's 1217/AP, by far the most powerful guaranteed damage in the game. 4 covers: 852/AP. 3 covers: 586/AP. Of course it has the downside of teammate damage. It's kind of like Patch's green in that the higher levels have a bigger downside.

Passive seems to level poorly. Goes well with the green.

Green also gives damage on friendly tile destruction. May be a good pairing with 3* Storm. Maximum of roughly 1322/AP (with an average of 41 per tile damage) but that's not going to happen often. Subtract 79/AP for every basic tile it hits.

5/3/5 is the deadliest. Since other players can't see what levels the covers are at before PVP matches, 3/5/5 is another option.
  • Unknown
    Options
    how about this nightmare pve node at lvl 395:

[carnage] + dino + kamala

would this team be invincible? assuming ai uses purple for dino. every purple match would trigger both passives for carnage and kamala. funfunfunfunlookingforwardtotheweekend

and i agree with babinro. it's gonna be nothing but [carnages] up at the top of pvp since he would ward off would-be snipers while one shield hops. not quite the return of sentry bombing since they nerfed shields with cooldowns but this definitely has potential for being the next great oppressive force in the game lol. cant wait to get him icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    My money is on 4* Hulk

With a 4-star Hulkbuster, of course we need a 4-star Hulk. It's a damn safe bet.

...unless it's RED Hulk, which it actually could be. Which would be damn cool.

EDIT: Come to think of it, this is likely Red Hulk. We already have a Hulk and even though the Hulkbuster needs a worthy opponent, Red Hulk is an epic character. And who better to fight Red Hulk than Hulk himself? Look at that cheap red. Even on the lower levels, it will trigger Hulk's anger ability and fill the board with green. It also hurts your own team and even though Hulk is an angry berserker, Red Hulk is more violent, sadistic and doesn't give the **** about anyone else, so that red feels more like his style. The black passive here creates strike tiles. Not really Hulk's style but Red Hulk has been using guns. Could symbolize something like that.

4-star Hulk is likely, Red Hulk is even more likely.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Finally the green or hob goblin. Can't discern which one.

I hope you're not serious now. As much as I would like the "hob brothers" to enter the game, this is SO not their power setup and you should understand it just by reading it. These powers doesn't have any likeliness to the goblin powers.

Green Goblin would likely be greenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.png , while Hobgoblin would be yellowflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png. At least if they're going for the character colors as they have mostly done so far.

Typical goblin powers would one related to their gliders, one related to their finger lasers, and one that has something to do with pumpkin bombs, or maybe those razorsharp bat projectiles.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it possible to restart this thread once the unknown becomes known? When looking at some of the others threads that started like this it's a pain to wade through the pages of noisy speculation to get at the signal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Cheap abilities that consume multiple health packs aren't fun. Wasn't there negative feedback for that Deadpool PvP event that just ended? Don't you remember why you removed Sentry team ups from the AI pool?
    they removed sentry teamups from the AI pool? TIL
  • Unknown
    Options
    So if this character is not altered before release it pretty much looks like essential for top level players.
    Quite different from other 4 stars in its sheer badassery. I do not want to face in PvP.

& I agree with keeping all this speculation out of the "official" thread when the character is actually released.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    damage to all but self. so completely sustainable. loaner+ any random thrid
    This isn't one-and-done like sentry. You're going to have to use his red 4 or 5 times to defeat a decent team. By the time it takes to gather all that AP, between match damage, enemy abilities, and the spammed attack tiles, this guy isn't going to win too matches single-handedly before dying.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lerysh wrote:
    It bothers me that his green is so much better than Storm (Mohawk).
    It bothers me you think that. How often are you facing a board with a bunch of special tiles? Except for that niche, his green is Storm's minus the AP generation, which means it's lousy.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    This isn't one-and-done like sentry. You're going to have to use his red 4 or 5 times to defeat a decent team. By the time it takes to gather all that AP, between match damage, enemy abilities, and the spammed attack tiles, this guy isn't going to win too matches single-handedly before dying.

This is rare... I actually agree with simonsez!

While it may be likely that this new 4* will be the new premium character for shield hop, I don't think it is comparable to Sentry.

As simonsez said, sentry strongest power then was it's green. And his green trivalise all other power because you just need one green match and one yellow match to seal the game. (With boosts).

This new 4* is no where close, even though he will be a pain to fight.

Maybe his red power should be rein back slightly, but definitely he is not at sentry level.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    It bothers me that his green is so much better than Storm (Mohawk).
    It bothers me you think that. How often are you facing a board with a bunch of special tiles? Except for that niche, his green is Storm's minus the AP generation, which means it's lousy.

When his passive adds four special tiles to the board every time any character on either side uses a power? More often than before.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    If it is indeed Carnage, I wonder if it will generate web tiles and if his green power destroys them as special tiles, it would make some sense
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

This is rare... I actually agree with simonsez!

While it may be likely that this new 4* will be the new premium character for shield hop, I don't think it is comparable to Sentry.

As simonsez said, sentry strongest power then was it's green. And his green trivalise all other power because you just need one green match and one yellow match to seal the game. (With boosts).

This new 4* is no where close, even though he will be a pain to fight.

Maybe his red power should be rein back slightly, but definitely he is not at sentry level.

I think he's pretty close. Boost red/yellow and all, match 1 red, 1 yellow. Cast Carnage Red once and kill someone, cast Cyclops Red to reload, cast Carnage Red again in 0-3 turns and win.

That's about as close to sentry as I can imagine be in a world with boosted health. He might not be quite as bad, but it's definitely comparable.