Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 25 January 2020, 11:23
    Four wipes on the 5E in the first sub of Cosmic Chaos. Usually, I can handle them regardless, but there are a few that are absolute nightmares with an under-covered Essential, and this is one of them.
    Actually, the previous 5E wasn't very fun, either. 6/7 clears with Featured Professor X, I didn't get a single match-4+.
    Finished my opening clears of the second sub in 1st place. Because I wasn't paying enough attention and accidentally did a fifth clear on one Node :(
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 4,508 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cosmic Chaos is horrible. The end.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited 30 January 2020, 13:45
    0/20 in Back Me Up, Guys! store. 2/23 in Good Fortune store, one Captain Marvel, one IM46 so far.. in the meantime, from Latests I went 16/90 with 8 of them Carnage, 2 Prof X and 6 Beta Ray Bill's covers where 2 of them were yellow that I had to save.

Terrible month all together.

Edit: 30/1/2020 2/27in GF store, 17/92 in Latests, another Carnage
  • AXP_ismeAXP_isme Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    In an episode of brain-fart I selected hammercap in the 3* deadpool pvp. That didn’t go well. Not well at all. 
  • JormagundJormagund Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Bit late with the post but played 40+ matches in Deadpool PVP and only got one Whales team up :/
    Waited just a bit too long, missed t20 by significantly fewer points than the last clear of the wave node that I didn't quite finish in time :(
    Waited just a bit too long, missed t20 by significantly fewer points than the last clear of the wave node that I didn't quite finish in time :(
    It's a very familiar story.. it's hard to estimate how long to clear wave nodes.
  • peterdarkpeterdark Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Thinking of going for a T1/T10 finish in PVE, so get myself up early to do my clears as soon as slice begins... then selected the wrong SCL. 
  • StevO-JStevO-J Posts: 726 Critical Contributor
    I'm a 'champed 4* player' and only play PVP to 900 and then shield out. This 3* Cap PVP when I get to 825-850 there is only 5 opponents to choose from (thanks, cycle.. eh.. skip button!) and you already guessed what those teams are... Gritty! And while I narrowly beat a lvl 360 Kitty I'm just not able to beat those teams, even if it was 'fun' to play against them.

I hereby apologise to all players I hit 2-3 times in quick succession to even get to 857 (868 after a defensive win). Ugh.. and here I was thinking a game should be fun...  :(
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quicksilver PvP, and their Quicksilver is down to about 2K health, so I'm ready to take him out next turn.  He makes a blue match, which locks two tiles.  Three more blue tiles come down, which locks two more tiles.  Three *more* blue tiles come down, and suddenly he goes Supersonic and does about 6K damage to my entire team.

Odds of six straight blue tiles coming down consecutively - About 1-in-88,000.  (Assuming they're 15% likely and team-ups are 10%)

I guess I should have just played the lottery instead...
  • jp1jp1 Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Champed Talos.
    jp1 said:
    Champed Talos.
    And I thought my example was bad luck...
  • qandolsqandols Posts: 893 Critical Contributor
    Having to use North Star (level 115) in S.H.I.E.L.D training. He must be the suckiest ever. The first match with Valkyrie, Karnak and North Star was a drawn out pain and Karnak died, he sucks too.
  • LambadaDaveLambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I will be unlikely to finish S.H.I.E.L.D training because it requires level 209 Northstar instead of Rainbow Bright (Runaways).  I was even holding onto CP to help grind him up, but it's just too many covers left to get.
  • helix72helix72 Posts: 558 Critical Contributor
    I have a hoard half/draw half approach to the game. Based on my roster, there's an 86.1% chance I can draw a usable (e.g. not already at 5 for the color or 13 overall) 5* cover from classics, which means on average it costs me 194 CP per usable 5* cover. So if I start at 1,000, I save until I get to 1,194, then draw until I get a usable cover, then save until I get to 1,194 + 194 = 1,388. That means on average I go 388 CP between pulls. It seems like a long time.

Now it's great when I pull a 5* on the first pull, because I only need 194 + 20 = 214 CP until I pull again. But my last pull, I went 22 pulls before I pulled a single 5* cover. So now I need to save another 22 x 20 + 194 = 634 CP before I pull again. I should keep better track of my CP earning because I feel like this will take me into August.
    Simulator fight vs Thor, Prof X and Okoye.  My team is Half Thor, healed Okoye, and Dr Strange.  My first turn is a simple match 3 by Okoye.  Their first turn is a match 4 of Team Ups (lots of damage from Prof X, boosted by Okoye) followed by a match-5 of Team Ups (even more damage) into a match 4 of purple, which takes out Okoye on my first turn.

Fastest retreat ever.

Was playing against ProfX and MEH. That was suicide. They kept getting match-4s and match-5s from the free move.

Simulator fight vs Thor, Prof X and Okoye.  My team is Half Thor, healed Okoye, and Dr Strange.  My first turn is a simple match 3 by Okoye.  Their first turn is a match 4 of Team Ups (lots of damage from Prof X, boosted by Okoye) followed by a match-5 of Team Ups (even more damage) into a match 4 of purple, which takes out Okoye on my first turn.

Fastest retreat ever.
    And once again, a Turn 1 retreat...  Prof X, Black Bolt and Strange.  My match-4 blue left the board with no match-4s.  Their match-3 cascaded into a match 6 (!) which then cascaded into three more match-4s.  Strange was taken out, and half-Thor lost another 10K of health.  They ended the turn with 15 red, 8 purple (for Prof X to fire off)

While I did want a quick game while my breakfast was getting ready, that's *not* what I was thinking of...
  • argle_bargleargle_bargle Posts: 72 Match Maker
    First event featuring SCL10, I was playing SCL9 and headed for T20 because so many people had moved up to SCL10. I wasn't paying attention and did my 7th clears on all the nodes before noticing that it was a 48-hour sub.