Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• BorstockBorstock Posts: 1,382 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    OJSP said:
    Luckily, I didn't. I lost those two matches so quickly, I don't think anyone had time to hit me.
    Were you shield hopping? No bounces on the shield?
    Yes, I did shield hop and two bounces.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 4,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    So there I was, happilly battling my way in the 5E on SCL8 (not even 9) against an Infini-Cap/JJ/Dr. Strange combo. My Prof X isn't great but he should have been fine and things were going well. Mordo had downed Strange with perfect timing as his blue AP bar had just filled, phew and JJ had been beaten also, just Cap left. No problem. Then the AI gets the most catstrophic cascade and all of a sudden Cap has flashing yellow and red bars. Before I know it, Strange is back from the dead and Mordo is stunned. I expect Cap to waste his red on killing Prof X who is nearly dead but oh no he match damages him to death which leaves him with another yellow flashing AP bar. Having only 1 character I can't do anything and lo and behold Jessica Jones is back to throw me through a window! Then the three of them pounded on Mordo until all that was left was his stick. :(
  • maguirenumber6maguirenumber6 Posts: 455 Mover and Shaker
    Forgot to do the final clears on Cosmic Chaos and missed out on 30CP :-(
  • DogfaceDogface Posts: 710 Critical Contributor
    How did you do the first days? Usually if I'm doing full clears in the first days, I'm hitting max prog well before doing 4 clears on the last day.
  • KahmonKahmon Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    Having to use 5* Carbage... at all.
  • qandolsqandols Posts: 857 Critical Contributor
    I concur. The 5e node with Medusa, Gamora and R&G is scary. And all he does is create enemy tiles and make bad moves. I have only one black cover for him
  • maguirenumber6maguirenumber6 Posts: 455 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    How did you do the first days? Usually if I'm doing full clears in the first days, I'm hitting max prog well before doing 4 clears on the last day.
    I just did four clears on each of the previous days, and two on the 5E node. I work shifts, so I was tired :-( Ah well, there's always the next event.
  • BoyWonder1914BoyWonder1914 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    I, like I assume pretty much everyone who has progressed this far, operate my 2-star farm in such a way where max champs are not sold until the dupe is ready to be champed. However with being strapped for roster slots as I'm sure quite a lot of us are as well, I can't start building that dupe until I sell off another max champ that has a dupe ready to go. For whatever reason I saw the first few covers to build my dupe OBW on my vine this morning, and decided that she was ready to champ somehow. I sold my max champ, and now the only OBW I have to my name is 0/2/1. 

"Worst moment" feels like a bit of a stretch in terms of the impact this will actually have on my play, but this will very likely be my dumbest moment today when all 24 hours are accounted for. 
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,784 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, like I assume pretty much everyone who has progressed this far, operate my 2-star farm in such a way where max champs are not sold until the dupe is ready to be champed. However with being strapped for roster slots as I'm sure quite a lot of us are as well, I can't start building that dupe until I sell off another max champ that has a dupe ready to go. For whatever reason I saw the first few covers to build my dupe OBW on my vine this morning, and decided that she was ready to champ somehow. I sold my max champ, and now the only OBW I have to my name is 0/2/1. 

"Worst moment" feels like a bit of a stretch in terms of the impact this will actually have on my play, but this will very likely be my dumbest moment today when all 24 hours are accounted for. 
    I only do that with my 3*. I can make it through 2E nodes on 2 4* Characters, even with a single-cover Featured, and pretty much any three of them that are champed can handle DDQ.
    I found out the hard way that running with a single-cover Featured 3* can sometimes get quite a lot tougher, tho, so they don't get sold until the dupe is ready to re-champ, at bare minimum.
  • MadroxMadrox Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    the moment i get my retroactive rewards and realized a lot of shards are missing...

• bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,820 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    About 10:30 AM, getting the nerfed retro rewards.....probably the worst  MPQ moment of 2019.  Not just the day.
  • ursoproursopro Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    waking up today
  • ROY84ROY84 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I'd say logging in to see that I got a hundred useless shards for characters I'll never get another shard for in place of command points, hero points and a slew of other useful things I would have used instead.
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,707 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2019
    Worst was looking at the Spider Ham token available for 3600, and it's blue.  The one in the Deadpool Taco Vault?  Blue.  My Spider Ham's color distribution?  Three yellow, Three Purple, and Five Blue.

If you want shards to be better received, how about making the 4-star Heroes for Hire for the Deadpool Crash for 400 shards, rather than a single color cover?

Edit - And I just got my sixth green cover for Hela from the Worthy Challengers.  How about making those shards as well???
  • DhaunasDhaunas Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I have no BRB covers yet, my Hela is at 4 2 4, my Thor is a 5 4 1. I finally pull a legendary from the Worthy Heroes store and it's Thor green, putting him at 6 4 1 :(
  • ScofieScofie Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I decided to champ Banner to play a Evergreen, costing more than half my ISO bank (480k). Had shards for the LT so figured it was the right time. Banner still sucks, even when champed and the LT was Emma Frost. For a 3k ISO reward. 
  • DhaunasDhaunas Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Decided to pull from the BMU,G tokens to try for the last Kitty cover I needed (my Kitty is 5 4 3).

I pulled a Kitty on my first pull! 

It was yellow, making her 6 4 3 =/
    When you apply a 3* Captain Marvel champ level and are greeted with the knowledge that the next reward is Talos shards. 
    Well I screwed up Thanos PvP! All I needed was one more victory to grab 900 points and shield but I didn't have very long this morning to do it. Found a fight but it had Vulture...hmm...he hasn't really caused me any issues so far, I should be able to sort this out in the 5 minutes or so I had. Man..first match they cascade in to sooooooo much black that he will be airbourne for several weeks! After about 4 minutes I realise that I wont get done in time if I want to get in the shower...briefly consider attempting to play my tablet whilst having a shower but decide that is a bad idea...so I have to retreat...bam 40 points loss...and then I forgot to shield...so will be a bloodbath by the time I get home and the slice will have ended so I am toast.

And now R4G is boosted so we will have wall to wall Gritty everywhere + Dr. Strange stun up next...great...
  • SnowcaTTSnowcaTT Posts: 3,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every day I could come in here and write "It took me ten times as long to open heroics as it did standards."

On PC: click open, click to finish the open, click the accept shards....three clicks for each one.

Every click in a separate spot on the screen - and near the "buy 10x" if you get impatient. Coincidence, I'm sure.